Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I have rage issues... this is my way of taking them out.
“Nuh-uh. I don’t have a Daddy… member’?”

Logan’s heart sank.

“Maybe I should go.”

“No, it’s not what you think… just stay. Please.”

“Honey, I know I said you didn’t have one because you’ve got an Aunt Kara… but, I lied.”

“Isn’t lying bad?”

“Yes, it is… but, I wanted to protect you… It’s really hard to explain.”

“So I do have a Daddy? And he’s it?”

“Yeah baby… he’s it.”

“Does that mean Aunt Kara has to go away?”

“Nope… Aunt Kara’s not goin’ anywhere?”

“I get to have both?… That means I’m lucky right?”

Logan’s heart took the elevator back up to his chest and soared a short time after.

Marie just smiled; mystified at how well her little girl was taking the news… well, their little girl.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kara and Marie sat in the kitchen; cups of coffee in hand, discussing what had just taken place.

Logan and Jamie sat in the living room getting to know each other better.

“Can’t say I don’t see a resemblance.”

“Tell me about it, and I didn’t even notice it until today.”

“Really?”

“Well, I thought he looked familiar, but I was so stressed… I wasn’t thinkin’ about that.”

The Living Room

“-And sometimes when it rains outside; me, Mommy and Aunt Kara play Monopoly. Mommy always wins, but Aunt Kara says that’s because she cheats.”

Logan knew that he should have been listening intently to what Jamie was saying, but he couldn’t; he was too busy taking her in.

How she looked, the way her hair stuck up in certain places, her scent, how small her fingers were.

Logan wanted to remember it all.

He wanted to remember just in case it was all a hideously cruel dream.

At least that way, he’d have a very developed figment of his imagination to work with; something he could at least pretend was his.