3 Months Ago

~All X-Men, please come down to my office immediately.~

The message had come at around 2 am and while most everyone was home, not all of them were sleeping.

Logan had been chasing away his nightmares in the Danger Room while Jean and Scott, respectively; ran lab tests and graded exams.

They were the first members of the team to arrive.

The Professor sat silent and tense as the three of them filed in obviously awaiting bad news.

“What is it Professor?” asked Scott, before his fiancé had the chance.

Logan’s eyes flickered across the room accessing danger just in case.

“Yeah, what’s the problem Chuck?”

Orroro and the new recruits: Kurt and Remy trailed in a few moments later; sleep making their movements a bit off balance.

“Dis’ important no? When we put on the leather outfits?”

Orroro put a hand on Remy’s shoulder, “Not until we know what’s going on.”

Kurt who had remained silent, but attentive, gave a small nod to his seniors.

They all acknowledged him in some way before quickly turning their attention to the Professor.

Hands clasped at his desk because he could think of no productive use for them, Charles Xavier struggled to find the right way to explain the crisis his X-Men would soon face.

He released a long controlled breath and looked at all of their faces before continuing.

“As of late, the White House has released information about a string of mutant terrorist attacks. However, their intel proves to be less than reliable as the attacks have, in fact, been committed by an individual.”

Logan was the first to speak.

“A mutant?”

The Professor closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before answering.

“No. The Phoenix.”

Silence reigned for a moment or two before Orroro raised a question.

“Are you referring to the mythological being?”

The other team members looked at her in awe of her knowledge, since none of them had ever heard of ‘The Phoenix’.

“Yes and No.”

The words were said with such surety that everyone had to arc an eyebrow in confusion of just what they were dealing with.

“The reason I have called you all here at this hour is that I have completed, what I believe to be, a vessel for capturing this force.”

“You wanna ‘capture’ it? Why not just kill the damn thing?”

“Remy tink’ dat’ da Wolverine got a point.”

“I haven’t uncovered enough information to know weather any of your mutations are capable of completing the task. By holding the Phoenix captive I may be able the find a weakness; a way to destroy it. But in the mean time, I will not let it’s rampage go on.”