I longed for a body.

A face.

Instead of the emptiness that was intangibility.

And not just any face.

One that conveyed power and demanded respect.

Since my conception or entrance into this universe, I have come across many inferior beings not even worthy of such a title.

Thousands upon thousands, possibly millions.

But never did I feel a threat or sense of competition.

Not until a mutant known as Charles Xavier, inadvertently announced his presence.

He became my purpose.

And even though his power did not rival my own, I thought about what we could be together.

His face, his telepathic ability with my raw supremacy.

I would control this world.

And this time it would be known.

Humans and mutants alike would have the attestation staring them in the eyes.

My only obstacle was that he knew.

Somehow, this... mutant... knew of my plan.

I began to think I had underestimated him.

As I considered the implications, I came to another revelation.

He had constructed an apparatice that he believed could contain me and it was unclear weather his assertion was valid.

He sent an assembly of weaklings to put into action what he had created...

Never divulging his countenance.

It angered me...

It ignited a fire.

So, I killed one of his precious 'X-Men'.

And invaded another...

To get closer to him.

I left the rest in order to secure a safe return with little question.

And little question did I received in a forged slumber of a visibly injured body.

Injured, until it gave way to death.

And in her I was trapped.

Giving off readings to medical machines; falsifying life to the many visitors.

For days I remained as such until another mutant, who I assumed was also associated with Charles Xavier, released me from my prison.

Allowing me to take over her body...

Willingly.

And I obliged.

I was aware that the new confine would bring me closer to my goal...

Once I was ready to take what I felt entitled to.

Under artificial intentions, I was able to escape the walls in which Xavier had command.

It was within 'Marie' as she was called, that I learned of a long since near-depleted link between her and Xavier.

A link; though limited, could be used to control his actions.

And I could be free to return to his sanctum without apprehension.

My plan was near fruition when 'Logan', began to ask too many questions.

It became clear that he was somewhat disbelieving.

And when he turned on me or those who I'd assumed the identity of.

I knew it best to resolve the issue if I was ever to gain absolute power.