Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, okay, we’ve all been having lots of fun goofy around so far. But this story has got to speed up a little bit here. These characters are just so rude. I’m trying to write a story here and they just keep bickering away in my head. -.-‘ Maybe if I can keep Jubes quiet… *gets out the duct tape*
The group seemed too large for the tiny compound they were now occupying. It consisted of three small, one level buildings all covered in white-painted wood slants. The ground beneath their feet was gravel but it didn't so much as crunch but quietly wail as they walked on it. Scott led them between two of the buildings, obviously already having some clue about where they were going. Sure enough, in the shadows against the back wall crouched Gambit who rose into the light when he saw them approaching.

"Hallo, ami. I see when Remy say hurry you take da scenic route, no?"

“No. We had some disturbances,” Scott answered him and everyone turned their heads to face Rogue.

Remy nodded and smirked, all too familiar with the trick himself, “Ah, Remy understands. Glad you could make it, chere.”

“What’s the deal Cajun?”

“No formalities for die Wolf-man,” Gambit smirked when Logan growled at him. “Brainwave is up to somethin.”

“What?” Storm asked.

“Remy not sure, but da monsieur keeps cackling ‘time at last, time at last’.”

Jubilee snorted, “Yeah, I’d call that a clue.”

“So what’re we waitin’ for? Let’s go get the sucker!”

“Don’t push me, Rogue, you’re already on thin ice,” Scott chided the eager southern girl. She ‘humpf’ed and crossed her arms over her chest in defiance but she remained silent.

“What’s the game plan, Mr. Summers?” Kitty politely asked. Jubilee rolled her eyes at the insanely thick sweetness of her friend’s voice.

Scott, however, didn’t see her additional batting eyelashes; nevertheless he called behind him, “You’re still doing dishes.”

Kitty replied by stomping her foot hard on the ground and Jubilee stuck her tongue out at her.

“I'm sorry; I was under the assumption that we flew all the way here to stop a criminal mastermind from causing multi-dimensional havoc. Had I known we were simply relocating our useless squabbling I'd have worn jeans instead of skin-tight leather." Marrow was standing back, away from the group, leaning against on of the walls, her voice heavy with cynicism.

Rogue cocked an eyebrow at her, one of Logan's classic traits she hadn't yet figured out how to get rid of. "Damn, sugah, pull that stick out a lil' bit an' get yaself some wiggle room."

Marrow pushed up of the wall and glare at her, "Don't call me 'sugar'."

"Actually its 'sugah' not 'sugar', its all about the twang," Jubilee corrected her and winked at Rogue.

"Um, guys, I think that's our man over there," Bobby's observation pulled all their attention to the middle of the fenced in property where Brainwave came out of one of the wooden buildings. Scott backed them all up further into the shadows to watch him as he stepped further out into the sunlit opening.

"Ack," Jubilee whispered, "What the hell is he wearing?" She appeared to actually flinch at the attire of him. He wore what could only be described as a greenish-green hazmat suit, the pants of which were tightly tucked into blue rubber boots. The sleeves of his ensemble were also covered by matching gloves. They all recognized the mix and combination of technology that was securely attached to his chest.

"Let's go," Scott nodded and let them out of the alley way.

It was actually a very impressive image. The nine superheroes walked almost perfectly instep toward him, clad in their individual uniforms, made one cohesive unit of people who could kill you in unimaginable ways. And look damn good doing it. Storm even provided just the right amount of ambiance wind for their various capes and trench coasts’ flapping. Not to mention the all important hair whooshing.

"Freeze, Brainwave," Scott instructed. Kitty could be heard behind him giggling something about brain freezes, but beside that the others stood their ground in silence.

Brainwave's head jerked around to face them. He looked much like a scared Chihuahua with the latex head cover pulled down to his brow line and a large pair of goggles resting firmly on top of it.

“X-Men,’ he greeted them with a sneer, “you’re about to be three bridge cycles too late.”

Jubilee stepped forward, shoving both the snarling and glaring Wolverine and Cyclops out of the way. “I don’t think so, buddy! You’re about to be quantum time continuumly beat down, sucka!”

She nodded at Scott, but was forcefully shoved back behind the two men by Logan before she could make good on her ‘threat’.

“Give it up, bub. The chances of you gettin’ out of here ain’t good,” Logan warned the man in front of them. He almost felt bad about having to rip this guy to pieces, it wasn’t even close to a fair fight. Hell, he figured one good ‘up in your face’ growl and he’d probably have a heart attack right after he wet himself.

“On the contrary, they’re quite good.” Brainwave’s hand went to his chest to flip a tiny switch at the bottom of the rather heavy looking device on his chest. Bright silver-blue electrical arches began slowly widen out from it. The X-Men stood more than a little amazed at the sight in front of them. The energy didn’t surround him, like it had previously done to Rogue, but instead moved out into the open space were a small vortex began opening.

“I’m guessing that’s the hole Hank was talking about?” Bobby asked breathlessly. Several of them nodded to affirm that was their guess as well.

The vortex was now huge, especially compared to the dwarf buildings and the meager landscape which it was set in. The bleak blue of it’s outer shell was similar to the coloring of the arches emitting from Brainwave’s device, although the center was a unnatural coloring, the light coming from it was far too bright to try and look to see what was on the other side.

“Well,” he began, taking a step toward his creation, “I’m off to a place where you cretins will hopefully not exist.”

“Stop him before he goes through!” Scott commanded. They took it as a battle cry and they all charged the slight man.

“No!” he managed to scream before he was hit with the large force. They were not able to tackle the genius to the ground as they hoped because he was standing too close to the crackling vortex. Their collective momentum and an unknown pull of either gravity or magnetism sent them all flying through.