Author's Chapter Notes:
Does this seem like the bus on a school field trip to anyone else? I didn't mean to, I swear. It's all Scott's fault!
"Come on, people, move it. Everyone in the jet!" Scott screamed as he made his way up the platform. The command was completely unnecessary, the others were less then two feet behind him and piling in the X-Jet, adrenaline beginning to build up in their veins.

Gently shoving everyone out of the way, including Scott, Storm made her way to her seat. The pilot's chair. "Gambit found him?" She asked, already starting up the jet.

"Yeah. Just outside of the city." He gave his seat belt one last security tug and gave a quick glance behind him, "Everyone buckled?"

A general mumbling consensus of 'yeah's and 'uh huh's, along with a 'just fucking go' from Logan, floated to the front of the plane. Satisfied, he gave Storm the 'all clear' nod and the school began to gently tremble with the opening of the hidden hatch and them quickly taking off.

"Roster check. Bobby." Scott began calling names of the top of his head while he fiddled with controls on the console in front of him.

"Here."

"Hank's staying back in case of medical emergency," he reminded himself. Storm flashed him a quick smirk he didn't notice at the fact that he had memorized everyone's name in alphabetical order. Something only Scott would do.

"Jubilee." he continued.

"Present."

"Kitty."

"Ditto."

"Logan."

"Fuck you, One-Eye."

Scott shook his head and fought the all too familiar urge to blast Logan clean through. He settled for clearing the bile out of his throat. "Marrow."

"I'm here."

"Ororo," he said a lot quieter and the two nodded at each other. Very professional.

"Pete stayed back at the mansion for guard duty and Rogue's still on the DL," rounding off the mental list in his head he relaxed in his chair, evidently finished with his unknown button pressing.

"Um, not exactly, sugah."

Scott's head jerked around at the sound of the voice he was not, under any circumstance, suppose to hear. Sure enough, in her full field uniform, sat Rogue. She was in the back, right beside Logan, who was rolling his shoulders inside his uniform, completely nonchalantly. Kitty, however, who was sitting across the aisle way from her, was desperately trying not to look guilty. "What the hell do you think you're doing, Rogue?!"

"Well, ah was under the impression we were savin' tha world."

"WE'RE saving the world. You're supposed to be recovering!" It was hard to give her the stern look he wanted to, being strapped to the seat in all. But he turned the best he could, his hand holding the arm of Storm's chair in a white-knuckle death grip.

"And nothin' makes me feel betta than kick some ass," she argued back, a defiant smile firmly plastered on her face.

"You can not just disobey ORDERS!" everyone else visibly flinched as Scott's raised voice reverberated off the metal walls of the jet.

Another loud noise followed it, that of a large bubble of gum being popped, "Uh, duh. Chica's name is Rogue. Isn't the text book definition like 'doesn't follow orders worth shit' or something like that?"

"No. It's 'playfully mischievous'. I'm pretty sure 'doesn't follow orders worth shit' is Logan's definition," Bobby corrected her. Jubilee practically snorted and high-fived him while everyone else laughed, with the exception of Scott and Logan.

Scott's outburst of, "That's it. Storm, turn this plane around!" released the chorus of groaning, 'oh man's, and 'come on's.

"No, Scott," Storm tried to give her voice flat and level, fighting the additional chuckles from coming out, "Gambit needs back up and we only have one chance or we will loose this guy."

He snorted in reluctant defeated. "Fine." Now completely annoyed his anger needed some kind of outlet, and trashed the inside of a billion dollar jet was not an option. That left one thing.

"You're telling me you didn't fucking see her get on?!" he yelled at Logan.

Rogue looked away, trying to keep from making eye contact with the fuming leader. Logan, however, was starring at the freshly ripped holes in his gloves, appearing to be avoiding him. Monotonic he answered, "I saw her."

"You didn't say anything?!" Scott realized he made the mistake of thinking that Logan was on his side this time. Thinking back on it now he could never believe he was foolish enough to think that the other man had agreed with him instead of Rogue.

Logan gave another lackluster reply, "Nope."

"That's not true," Kitty interjected, "I believe your exact words were 'hey, darlin'."

Jubilee tried to muffle her giggles with her yellow-gloved hand, but they easily made it to Scott's ear. He snapped his head to her, the nostrils now violently flaring, which only made her giggles increase. Finally, Marrow kicked her foot and she was able to stop.

She bit her lip and mumbled, "Sorry."

Scott gave them all one last warning look over before sitting back in his seat, facing the front of the plane. “When we get back you’re on kitchen duty for a month, Rogue,” he called out over his shoulder.

The sweet southern groan he heard instantly raised his spirits. After a few seconds of deliberation he added, “A week for you too, Jubilee.”

“WHAT?! What for?”

“Assisting in insubordination.”

“Insub...what the hell did I do?!”

“The notes.”

Bobby starting laughing again, he knew there had to be some other reason behind her extra initiative. Even Marrow couldn’t help the slowly creeping smile.

“Aw, come on!” Jubilee continued whining, “Those really were for the witty banter! Here check this out: ‘Is that a slipstream rod or you just happy to see me?’ No? No good? Okay, how about: ‘you’re about to be quantum time continuumly beat down, sucka!’”

Storm couldn’t help herself from snorting at the last one. And getting a goddess to snort wasn’t an easy thing to do. Scott, however, still didn’t seem very impressed.

“Two weeks,” he added. “You got another for me?”

“What’s the point, you’re going to be a loser in any dimension?” Kitty suggested. Rogue groaned and slapped her forehead.

“A week for Shadowcat. Anyone else want to make jokes?” Scott turned half way in his chair again.

“How effective will that wave emitter be after I shove it up your ass?” Everyone once again busted out laughing because it was Logan who said it, so therefore it was safe from punishment.

“Real mature, Logan,” Scott hissed.

Rogue patted his knee and smiled brightly at him, which made it worth whatever shit Scooter would give him for it.

“Hey! How come he doesn’t get kitchen duty?” Jubilee whined.