Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't laugh at all the science stuff. I tried... -.-'
"Alright, tell me what we've got," Scott addressed the group standing around the holographic table. "Kitty."

"Um, yeah," she pulled up the profile on the screen in front of them. "Thomas Struthers, 38. Born in Topeka, Kansas. ValeDICK--," her and Jubilee giggled, "–torian of his high school class. Quantum physics degree from Princeton. He’s evidently a mutant but the only mutation I can dig up is that he’s really smart or something. Taught for a while, did some research, and overall totally lame. Oh! And blood type," She winked at Scott, "B negative."

"Why are so many bad guys B negative?" Bobby wondered out loud.

"It's really interesting actually. Several renowned researchers argue that the gene associated with blood type is closely linked to the gene controlling personalities traits such as--"

"Hank," Logan interrupted the doctor, "stuff it."

The large blue man huffed and puffed but kept silent.

Scott decided it was best to just ignore his comrades’ behavior. Given the chance, the X-Men were easily distracted. “Marrow, did you get a chance to look over the parts list?”

“Yep.” the boney girl nodded. Pushing Kitty and Jubilee out of the way she moved to the keyboard, quickly typing various commands and several objects appeared to be floating above the table.

“So what are they?” Peter asked.

“A magnetic field gage, a FI675 hard drive, a Neely adapter, a slipstream rod, and now a posatronic nuclear wave emitter,” Bobby pointed to each object.

“Alright, so, do we have any clue what he’s doing with them?” Storm turned to Marrow.

She shrugged her shoulders and honestly answered, “Nope.”

The weather Goddess sighed then noticed Jubilee hadn’t made a smart remark yet the entire meeting. When she looked at the younger girl she discovered her furiously writing away at a yellow notepad. “What are you doing, Jubilee?”

The meeting stopped and everyone turned their attention to her. She, however, was too caught up in her work to notice and continued writing, which made the others even more suspicious. Kitty cleared her throat and elbowed her in the arm.

“Ow! Hey!” Jubilee whined and looked up to find nine pairs of eyes boring into her, “What?” Kitty glared at her and pointed a finger at Storm.

When Storm was sure she actually had her attention she repeated “What are you doing,” more forcefully.

“Um,” she looked down at the paper in front of her, “I, um…” Unable to come up with anything she looked at Kitty, who despite as bad as she felt for her friend, had to shake her head because she too had nothing.

“I, um…um,” the Asian girl’s eyes darted across the room to all the other ones that were staring at her. “I’m taking notes? Notes! Yeah, I’m taking notes!” She supplied.

“Notes?” Scott repeated her, obviously very skeptical. She answered him by nodding furiously and after being elbowed in the side Kitty joined in.

“Why are you taking notes?” Bobby asked, to say it was out of character for her was an understatement. Hell, even Scott didn’t take notes.

“Because I wanna, um, you know, get all the science stuff right. You know, for the witty banter with the bad guy. There’s NOTHING worse than trying to be all impressive and smart and then, you know, you SAY something wrong, like, you know, mispronouncing it or something. It’s just, like, totally horrible.” Jubilee gave a little nervous laugh.

Kitty nodded to help her out when nobody said anything and added, “It’s really embarrassing.”

Silence settled over the room as confused eyes settled on both girls and they looked at each other nervously.

“Someone please tell me why the hell I’m here, “Logan growled, successfully breaking the tension in the room.

“Because you’re part of the team, Logan, now zip it,” Scott chided him. A middle claw popped in his face, but that was the end of their brief argument.

“Well, actually, I have a theory,” Hank slowly removed the glasses from his face and began cleaning them with his pocket rag, not giving much of his attention to the group.

Gambit raised an eyebrow at the quiet doctor, “You gonna share it wit us?”

“Indeed. There is a running hypothesis that the time space continuum is made up of several quantum magnetic fields that overlap each other. But that there is no connection between these layers because such would be a hole. And obviously there’s no hole,” Hank laughed the last part, making it apparent that everyone should know the ridiculousness of such a notion.

“Uh, anyone else get that?” Bobby looked around to the other members of the team.

Logan rolled his eyes, “You wanna translate that into dumbass for us?”

“Beast thinks he’s building an inter-dimensional traveling device,” Marrow answered bluntly, her arms crossed over her chest.

"A time machine?" Peter huffed in disbelief.

"No, my dear boy," Hank sat up in his chair, his voice now very excited. "Not a time machine. A machine that would create a door way between other worlds that are coexisting with our own. Although, now that you mention it, time itself is merely a cycle of the movement of the fields within Earth's core. Therefore anything powerful enough to rip an opening in the continuum can surely peel back pervious cycles."

The muscular Russian boy blinked a few times, "I'm pretty sure I didn't mention any of that..."

"Wait," Jubilee looked up from her notebook, stopping the discussion, "could you spell 'continuum' for me? C-o-n-t-"

"I-n--u-u-m," Hank eagerly finished for her. She mumbled thanks and scribbled in her notebook.

Logan pushed up from his chair against the back wall, "Okay, so, let's go take care of this asshole before he goes 'ripping' anything."

Marrow shrugged her shoulders, disinterest still plastered all over her face, "It doesn't really matter. Anything he does in an alternate reality would pose no impact on ours. Basically, he would just be getting rid of himself for us."

"Okay, just checking here, but this 'alternate reality' is the same 'other worlds' dimension things Beast was talking about, right?" Jubilee asked, at Marrow's nod, she went back to her notebook.

"No," Scott finally spoke up, "He's our problem. We're handling it."

The group, although mumbling about doing more work than necessary, agreed.

"And I suppose it be Remy's job to find him," Gambit pretended like he was closely studying one of his cards.

"Yeah it is. And if we don't make it in time I'm using you to plug the hole." Scott sneered at him. He hated whiners.