Author's Chapter Notes:
I think I made Brainwave up but I won't argue with Marvel if they say I didn't. They own everyone else. And some of my favorite Rogue quotes are in here, so they own that too. I know its short so I'll try and post the next chapter as soon as I can. And please forgive all errors. I make a lot of them. -.-'
“He’s almost made it to the exit! Would someone grab him, already?!,” came Cyclops’ exasperated voice booming through all the X-Men’s communicators.
“Ahm on it, boss!” Rogue’s eager, southern voice came out immediately after.


He knew he was running faster than his legs were capable of, but if they caught him there was no way he had a chance. Unless he made it out of there and completed the device he would never bring the X-Men down. And they were the only thing standing in his way of finally controlling the world he was destined to. He turned his chaotic thoughts back to the lump of metal nestled under his arm. With this he would be able to bring all those pathetic morons to their knees.

He rounded the next corner, becoming more excited now that he could see light. Until the imposing form of one of the X-Men blocked and shattered his dreams of escape.

“You goin’ somewhere, sugah?” She stood there with one hip stuck out; her hand laid on it and smirked at him. He swallowed nervously. There was only one, but he wasn’t strong enough to handle her. He wasn’t strong enough to handle any of them, but he’d seen her throw a bus before and he unconsciously began twitching.

Noticing the little, scrawny man all but convulsing a few feet away from her made her smile widen all the more. “You alright?” She taunted him, “You look nervous as a long tail’d cat in a room full of rockin’ chairs.”

“Move aside, peon, and when I bring about the new world order perhaps I’ll let you die quickly,” his high-pitched voice cracking and shaking did nothing to improve his intimidation factor, but he had hope the words made up for it.

“You’re awful snitty f’r someone up a creek without a parachute. How about this, you drop those nice Scientist lil’ gadget thingy and ah won’t beat ya to a bloody pulp?” The smile never left her face and her sweet thick voice sounded like she should be been telling him words of love instead of threatening to kill him.

He glanced behind him real quick but that was obviously not an option. First of there was no way he’d outrun her. Second, there was probably just more X-Men waiting for him in that direction. She seemed to catch his dilemma and winked at him, which only aggravated him more.

“Come on, Brainwave, ah promise ta get ya a real nice cell. One wit a window n’ everthin’. D’you like blondes or brunettes?”

He wanted to spit on the insolent woman and cursed to himself. There was no way he could let someone of her limited intelligence defeat him and began brainstorming various scenarios to get past her. When he decided against plan D he remembered the object under his arm. It was a posatronic nuclear wave emitter to be used as a power source for his invention. He quickly weighed the prose and cons. Surely it would bring her down for at least long enough for him to get past her, if not much longer, not matter how ‘invincible’ she was. But if he used it now it would take over a week for it to recharge enough to power his invention. Could one wait that long when they were so close to multi-world domination?

“Rogue, do you have him?” the voice coming off her jacket dragged him away from his deliberation.

“Yeah, Scott. He can’t wait ta say ‘hi’ to ya.” She smiled at the him as she answered him.

“Good, we’re on our way.”

“Gotcha,” She removed the hand from her hip and opened it to him. “Alrighty, Brainy, hand me tha toy.”

He pulled the device out from under his arm and watched her for a few seconds, trying to keep the smile from coming up on his face.

“As you wish, my dear.” With his thumb he pushed the small switch on the back on it before quickly throwing it to her.

She easily caught it and he let the smile loose when the electricity began arching on it.

“What tha fuck-,” she managed it get out before it really began attacking her. The small arches of electricity grew as wrapped completely around her body. It felt like tiny wipes continuously striking her all over her body and she couldn’t help herself from screaming from the pain.

It only took mere seconds before she collapsed onto the ground; a small amount of smoke slowly rose from her, although it wasn’t apparent if it was from her uniform or her body. The wave emitter laid smoking beside her as well.

When it didn’t seem like she was going to jump up and knock him through the thick, cement walls he made his way over. He knelt down and carefully pressed the switch again, keeping his attention of her. He took a moment to study her face. It was still contorted the same as when she can been screaming. He could only imagine the damage that much nuclear energy would do to a normal person. But then again, not too many of them were dealing with ‘normal people’ these days.

“You really should learn to recognize your superiors, girl,” he sneered at her before picking up the smoking hunk of metal. He stepped over her and pushed the door open. There was no sound of danger outside, the only noise coming from far down the hall. He stepped out and smiled as he closed the door behind him.