Author's Chapter Notes:
I still don't own X-Men. I will complete this story soon.
Marie sipped her coffee and looked over at the man sprawled on her kitchen floor. Not just any man, no. He was the man of her dreams. She giggled when he snored and shifted in his sleep.


At first she had been worried that he had touched her skin and her mutation had knocked him unconscious. But she hadn’t felt the sucking pull of her power. Apparently Logan passed out after ravishing young girls across tables. Who knew?


Not being trapped by his body any longer, she had pulled up her jeans and headed for her bathroom, half expecting Logan to appear at any moment and…Well, she didn’t really know what to expect of him now. She undressed and quickly stepped into the shower, enjoying the hot spray as it pummeled her skin, relaxing her into a state of bliss. She had several tender places on her hips and back, which would be bruises by morning. Mostly she was sore between her legs, a pleasant tingle that constantly reminded her that she had had sex. But not just sex; sex with Logan. He had touched her where no one else had; not only that, he had been careful. She had a hard time believing he had wanted her all this time, but he had never lied to her before. Last night was proof enough of his claim.


Once showered, she wrapped herself in a towel and made her way to her bureau for something to sleep in. Logan was still on the floor where she’d left him, his breathing even and deep. Having him here made her small apartment seem smaller. He took up a good deal of the floor space. It was essentially a one-room place, an area for the kitchen, a living/sleeping area, and the bathroom. Her secondhand couch folded out into a bed, though tonight, she would sleep on it as is. She didn’t want to wake her slumbering guest. Not yet, anyway.


Dressed in an oversized t-shirt and panties she tiptoed around him, taking a moment to admire his profile and state of undress. So many secrets revealed this night. Logan went commando? She smiled as she covered him with a blanket and then settled herself on the couch. Sleep claimed her as soon as she laid her head down.


Morning came with bright sunshine and the need for caffeine. She padded to the coffee maker and got it brewing. Finally sitting with a mug of steaming Moroccan blend, she waited for Logan to wake up.


The first thing he was aware of was the smell of coffee. Not the shitty coffee you grabbed at convenience stores where you paid for your gas and asked for directions. This was real coffee; it smelled rich and wonderful. He sat up slowly, blinking as sunlight burned his eyes.


“Good morning.”


She was sitting at the table watching him, an unreadable expression on her face. He pushed the blanket off and rubbed his hands across his face. The scent of leather and sex stopped him dead. He studied the gloves a moment; they were tattered at the knuckles exposing the skin on the back of his hand. Good thing he had invested in several pairs. He pulled them off with his teeth and stuffed them in his back pocket, realizing too late that his pants were undone, no doubt giving Marie an education in male anatomy and its aroused state in the morning. He looked over to find her staring in fascination, reminding him of her limited experience with the opposite sex.


“Like what you see?” He quirked an eyebrow and smiled at her, enjoying the rosy blush of her face before she looked away. He got to his feet and zipped his pants, never taking his eyes off of her. “Can I have some coffee?”


“I guess you can have a cup, before I throw you out.” She looked up at him, her face serious.


“Thanks.” He rummaged through her cupboards until he found her collection of mugs, and poured himself a cup. He sat across from her in the only other chair and sipped the scalding liquid carefully, noticing the bright Disney characters looking up at him from his coffee mug. “Cute.”


“Can I ask you something?” she said, looking into her coffee as if the answer she sought could be found in its depths.


“Before you throw me out? Sure, make it quick. This is good coffee; I’ll be finished in a second.” She could humor herself all she wanted; he wasn’t going anywhere.


“Is it always like that?” There was wonder in her voice, and it made him happy.


“What do you mean? Do I always throw girls across tables and have my way with them?” He smirked at her and continued, “The answer to that would be no. If you’re asking if sex with me is always that…” He searched for the appropriate word, “rough. No. No it isn’t. Next time it won’t hurt at all.” He paused for a second before continuing, “Unless you want it to.”


Marie continued to look into her coffee and felt the blood rush to her face. Damn him, he had made her blush twice in five minutes.


“And the passing out? Does that usually happen?” she asked, brows furrowed.


“Only when I’m around you,” he stated and finished his coffee, setting his cup on the table in front of him.


“But my mutation didn’t cause that…” She narrowed her eyes at him.


“That’s never happened before either, or the claws. I’ll have to be more careful.” He looked at her considering. “Come here, Marie.”


She got up and walked over to where he sat, waiting. He reached up and pulled her on top of him, satisfied when she was straddling his legs, her face inches from his. He stroked her sides through the thin cotton of her t-shirt, soothing her. She laid her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him. Her mouth nuzzled his neck above the collar of his shirt. It was not helping his aroused state.


“I can touch you now, Logan.” She placed soft, closed mouth kisses along his jaw and stopped, tilting her head and meeting his eyes before touching her full lips to his.


Her lips were softer than he remembered, and when she opened her mouth and touched his lower lip with her tongue, he growled. He eagerly opened his mouth and gave her access, savoring the sweet taste of her tongue rubbing against his before he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to his chest.


He had been a fool last night. He thought he could lay claim to her, that she belonged to him. The opposite was true. Logan was hers; the slip of a girl straddling his lap and kissing him had beaten the Wolverine at his own game. He would do anything for her, and he was only just now realizing it. The smallest touch from her drove him mad with want. A simple kiss from her was more erotic than anything he had ever felt before because it was truly her first, and she was kissing him, not some boy at school. He had waited so long for her, dreamed about her. His fantasies could never compare to the warm, beautiful creature he held in his arms. Even her scent was intoxicating to him. She smelled like clean skin and shampoo. But underneath that, she smelled like Marie, a scent that was all her own, and that he would recognize anywhere. She was home. The only home he could remember. She was the one person he would always come back for. And he swore then he would never leave.


Marie bit lightly on his lower lip and rocked her hips slightly, taking a moment to catch her breath, and stop her head from spinning. He tasted slightly bitter, like coffee, and she couldn’t get enough. His whiskers scratched her face and she thrust her hands into his hair. She wanted to touch him more, touch him all over. Now that she could she didn’t think she could stop. His skin was so warm, almost hot to the touch. She had gotten used to quick cold kisses that never satisfied and touches through layers of clothing. The feel of Logan’s skin was a marvel to her, he felt almost electric, alive with an animal pulse that drew her in. She felt heat race through her body, leaving her shaky and gasping with desire.


“Keep that up, and there won’t be a flat surface we haven’t tried out,” Logan grumbled, leaning his forehead against hers and closing his eyes.


Marie’s clock showed nine a.m. and the radio alarm came on, blaring obnoxious boy band music, startling them both.


“I have to get ready for work.” She touched his face lightly and stood up, putting some distance between them.


“We need to talk.” He sighed and leaned back in his chair, causing it to pop and creak under his weight.


“About what?”


“Going home.”


She narrowed her eyes at him and walked to the table. Her mouth twisted as she gathered their mugs and rinsed them in the sink. “This is my home. I’m not leaving.” She took a deep breath before she spoke again. “I’m happy here, Logan. I like my job. I have friends.”


“You have friends at the school. Have you even read a newspaper since you left? Watched the news?”


“That has nothing to do with me.” She walked past him, heading for the bathroom, when he reached for her and grabbed her arm. “Don’t touch me while I’m angry. I don’t want to hurt you.”


“What is going on out there has everything to do with you. The Cure may have helped you, but it failed for everyone else. It’s not safe here.”


She tried to pull free of his grip. “I can take care of myself.”


“You’re doing a piss poor job so far!”


“What are you talking about?” she started shouting.


“You work on a military base, Marie! What the fuck are you thinking? You’re a mutant!” He stood up, knocking the chair to the floor. “Have you forgotten everything?”


“I don’t want to remember. Everything hurts! People died, Logan, while I was waiting in line for a Cure! And it didn’t matter; nothing mattered! It didn’t work. I won’t go back.”


“I can keep you safe. I will take care of you, but not here. I damn near got arrested at that ‘job’ of yours. You work for the government now. Do you realize that?” He tried to keep his voice low; he needed to diffuse this situation. Shouting at her would not change her mind.


“Do you think I’m stupid?” she asked, incredulous. “I pour drinks in a bar. They don’t know who I am. I work there because there was a job opening. I have to eat. Some of us can’t make a living beating people up.”


“I’m not leaving without you.” He bent over, looking her right in the eyes.


“Let go of me!” She felt her power flair to life as Logan moved toward her, making her back up. She watched in horror as the veins in his skin stood out pulsing and black. He let go of her as he stumbled to his knees. “I warned you.” She felt tears spill down her face as his thoughts and emotions flooded her mind.

She saw Dr Jean laid out in front of her, reaching for her. No; not her. Logan. These were his memories. Jean wanted him and Marie felt his lust for her. Then something changed. Jean was gone. The beautiful woman in front of him became something else, something deadly. He was slammed into the wall, helpless.
Then Marie saw the battle. The fight she had missed because she was in a clinic, wanting something else, wanting to be someone else. No one had talked her about what had happened in Alcatraz, but she could see it in their eyes. Their silence around her spoke volumes, and Logan looked broken. And now she knew why.

Jean’s pleading eyes, begging for death. The feel of metal through the skin in his knuckles. He had killed her. He had loved her enough to do as she asked. And it had damn near destroyed him.
Marie gasped when the memories stopped. Logan was on his knees in front of her, watching her.


“Dr Jean,” she whispered. He winced and closed his eyes. “I’m so sorry, Logan. I didn’t know.” She leaned against the wall and tried to clear her mind. She had known that Logan had a ‘thing’ for Jean. The whole school did. After she had died saving them all in Alkali Lake, Marie had felt bad about being jealous of her. She had always been kind to Marie, and everyone knew that Jean and Scott were getting married. Except they never did, and now Scott was dead too. Marie’s mind swam in confusion. She needed to separate the memories; think about all that she had seen. She ran for the safety of the bathroom and slammed the door.


When she emerged an hour later, Logan was gone.