Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh boy, this story is gonna haunt me I think. My 3 ½ year old son watches a show on Nick Jr. called ‘LazyTown’ where the only non-puppet characters are two grown men and a pre-teen girl. He loves the show for the action and colors, but my husband and I were discussing the obvious weirdness of seeing the ‘superhero’ dancing and acting with the girl. And *poof* this crazy thing sprouted in my brain and wouldn’t let go until I wrote it down. Sorry.
“It’s creepy, Jubes. Why are you letting the kids watch this show?”

“Because they wanted to watch it. Besides after awhile the songs sort of start to sound cool.”

Rogue couldn’t believe she had been rounded up with Jubilee to watch the younger kids. She wanted to have better things to do than watch youngsters watching some hyper-colorized version of the ‘Muppet Show’.

“Are there any other characters that aren’t puppets?” Rogue asked Jubilee, who had gotten drawn into the hypnotic intro.

“Nope. Just the hero, 'Sportacus', the villain, 'Robby Rotten' and the girl 'Stephanie'. I like her pink hair.”

“You would. What is she, like 13 years old? These people have her dressed like she’s going to a rave or something. She really shouldn’t be doing those high kicks and splits in such a short dress.”

“Come on, Rogue. You in particular should notice the girl’s covered from neck to toe. She is wearing pink leggings for goodness sake. Besides, the network wouldn't let anything pedophiliac-y on the air.”

Rogue guessed her friend was right. She didn’t want to start sounding like those old people who see something a bit risqué and freak out.

“Yeah. I guess they wouldn’t.” She decided to just relax and watch the fluffy show.

After about five more minutes Rogue couldn’t stop herself from analyzing the girl’s friendship with the overly active superhero.

“I don’t know, Jubes. I think in this society that guy’s probably thinking to himself how he’s *not* to touch her. One misplaced hand and mothers everywhere would be boycotting.”

Jubilee replied, “No kidding. And you notice that ‘Sportacus’ pays particular attention to ‘Stephanie’. Whenever she’s in trouble he comes running without hesitation. I wonder what’s really going on in ‘LazyTown’.”

Both Rogue and Jubilee continued their conversation without removing their eyes from the television.

“And you see how attentive ‘Stephanie’ is to ‘Sportacus’. Always looking for him or worrying when he’s acting differently than normal.”

With that, Rogue threw in her own statement. “And look when she sees him, her eyes light up. You can’t fake that. There’s obviously some hero worship going on.”

Rogue felt she could identify that feeling, having dealt with her own *worship* of her own *hero*. She was shaken from her thoughts by a gruff voice.

“He’s only protective of her.” Logan had apparently been in the room long enough to hear their conversation.

“Like you said, there are only three non-puppet characters. Why would this ‘Sporta-geek’ risk his friendship to the only other *person* in the town that cares about him?”

Was Logan defending the superhero? Rogue was stunned that he would have gotten so defensive over a children’s show. Perhaps there was more going on with what he was saying.

“So he cares for her, wants to protect her. He can’t touch her without getting into trouble. She knows he’d do anything for her. That’s the best he can hope for.”

Rogue watched him as he walked out of the room.

“What the hell was that all about?” Jubilee asked, but Rogue ignored. “The show’s over and these guys need lunch, Chica. So you’re off the hook. Jean and Ororo are taking them. See ya’ later!”

“Bye. I’ll see ya’.”

Rogue was stunned by Logan’s statements. Did he feel that way about her? But she wasn’t a little girl, she was 21 after all. Maybe she needs to let him know that she calls the shots on who she’s with. And just maybe she wants to be with him.