Where the fuck are you, Mr. Funny hair when I need you? I don’t have a clue where I am or what’s happened. I’m locked up to a small room. Here’s narrow cot for me to lie down, small bathroom with a toilet seat and a sink. Table and one rickety looking chair. Walls feel sturdy under my palms. Made out of bricks. Door is thick, but wooden. Handle won’t turn. There are no windows, so I’m guessing this is somewhere underground. Last thing I remember is that I went little over board after Jean left my room. I dragged a heavy dresser in front of the door so that nobody could get in, arranged me a small corner from the closet and curled there. I guess some behavioral patterns rubbed on me when I spent my time with wolverine… Next thing I know, I wake up here.

We found everybody, asleep, but otherwise feeling fine. Everybody except Marie. She was gone, and distinctive scent of lycan was imprinted all over my room. Our room. I could still smell faint scent of vanilla and peppermint coming from the closet. There was a pile of blankets and a pillow on the floor.

I don’t know which one is more disturbing. The way Logan is clutching a soft, blue blanket against his chest, or the cold, hard stare in his eyes, when we go through security tapings in the control room. I can hear soft rumble coming out of him when lycan creeps on the screen, followed by a pale-blue skinned mutant. When lycan stops in front of the door of his room, that rumble turns to an audible growl and he bares his teeth when it enters, kicking the door in. When it exits, carrying Marie’s limp body, that growl ends to confused whimper.
“What the fuck do they want from her?” Proverbial light bulb blinks behind Logan’s eyes and he grabs my shoulder.
“The baby. Vic and I scattered their ranks pretty bad back then. It took them years to recover from it. They want revenge. Vic has already paid for what we did. Now it’s my turn…”

“Their money was a s good as anybody else’s. I did some hits for them. Then they wanted me to take down one of the pack leaders. He had gotten arrogant and careless. Threatened to blow their cover. They felt that I couldn’t handle the situation by myself, so they brought in Victor.” Up until now only Professor has heard this story. It’s time to pull Scott in. I’m going to need his help.
“We worked together months, pretending to be bodyguards for our target. We were just waiting for the right moment. It had to look like an accident. They couldn’t just order a hit on one of their own. They have other means to deal with that kind of issues. But they had deemed our target unfit to the pack, and in their opinion he no longer deserved same kind of respect as he had before.”
“The longer we spent time with him, the more I started to doubt. Info I had gotten from him was wrong, or I wasn’t reading his behavior right. He was supposed to be sloppy, deranged, old mutt, getting his rocks off from maiming and eating on plain sight. I never even once witnessed that side of him. We made a plan with Victor. Instead of our intended target we would strike to those who sent us on that mission. Quick, efficient sweep through their ranks, and then disappear for forever.”

Logan grimaces and rubs the blanket against his cheek.
“Yeah. Just get in and get out. It didn’t work. We got in. We did what we were going to do. I got out. They caught Victor. I had to go back in. It was touch and go weather we were going to make it. Thank God everybody was so confused and messed up that they didn’t have the time to keep an eye on me. I got Victor out and we escaped. Spent nearly a year on the road and made sure they lost our tracks.” Now he curls around the blanket, burying his face to it completely.
“Should have fucking stayed there and let them take their revenge from my hide… This wouldn’t be happening…”

This would be easier to handle if I knew what is going on. My best guess is this has got something to do with Logan’s ex-employers. Lycans. Isn’t that a comforting thought? I would much rather face Jean and her quick check-up every day instead of those grizzly monsters. Hell, even Victor would be a welcome companion at this moment.

“They didn’t even leave a message about where to find them.” Xavier ponders the situation. He really isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.
“They thought they didn’t have to. Every lycan can sense the location of the pack in any given situation. They don’t know what you did to the one in my mind. It’s so fucking lost in there it’s quite a miracle if it can find it’s own hairy ass!” Shouldn’t really shout like this. I could have said no when Xavier proposed the bonding. Little late for regrets now…
“Can’t you let it out again?” Scott asks. Right. I could. I know I could. But there’s this itsy bitsy problem.
“Yeah. Which one of you would put me out of my misery after that? If I let it out now, it’ll try to transform me. And adamantium isn’t the most pliable material.” But Scott has a point. There’s something… Just needs a little more planning. And maybe some help from an old friend of ours…
“Chuck? Call to Eric.”