Hmm. Kid really has some issues with her skin. That couch can’t be comfortable. And I didn’t actually ask her to sleep on a couch. I asked her to sleep with me. And hey, take your mind out of the gutter. Sleep. Everybody wants to cuddle up occasionally. Even me. Don’t get chances to do that so often, not in my line of work. Chuck keeps me busy. Don’t have time for serious relationships. Even now I shouldn’t be here. I should be in my truck. Heading to pick-up place. Right. Chuck can wait. I need this.

She is so tiny. Long hair like silk. There’s a frown on her face. Wonder what she’s dreaming about? I hope it’s a nice dream. At least she doesn’t smell scared or sad. Just warm. Got to be careful. I don’t want to wake her up now. Don’t want to give her the wrong impression.

Holy shit! She’s nothing more but skin and bones! That’s it. Deal is off. I’m not taking her to next town. I’m taking her with me. Chuck will have a fit, I’m not supposed to mingle with people, but this is different. This one is mine.

Where the hell did that come from? Mine? Well, whatever. I’m just going to snuggle up… This is just the right spot. I can hear her heart. She has a slight murmur. Wonder if she knows about it? I’ll just put my arms around her… She’s so warm… This is perfect… Rogue? Can’t be her real name… So soft…

*Logan…*

*Logan?*

*WOLVERINE!*

*GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAD!*

Christ! I knew this would happen. One lousy night. Is that too much to ask? I just want to sleep… She’s… I don’t know. She’s right. She feels right.

*Logan, you were supposed to meet Scott two hours ago. I really need those files.*

*You will get your fucking files first thing tomorrow morning. Now, would you please get the fuck out of my head?*

*I must say I do not appreciate your attitude…*

*Considering that I spent a week cooped up next to an active research center to get those files, I think I’m entitled to show a little attitude. Get lost. This is MINE!*

*…*

Ahh… So much better… I’ll just… Wha… Shit. She woke up. Should probably say something. Her heartbeat hitched up.
“Hi?” Dear God. Put me out of my misery right now. She looks about ready to bolt.
“Hi. That couch looked uncomfortable. I hope you don’t mind me moving you here.” Right. She hadn’t even noticed we were on the bed. She freaked out because of me. Smooth. Come on, kid. Talk to me. Say something. Scream. Cry? For fucks sake, at least breathe!
“Uh… No, I don’t mind. But be careful. I can’t keep my skin off while I sleep.” Is she for real? Because right now I’m just about ready to kiss the living daylights out of her. She has seen the claws. She knows what’s buried inside my arms that are currently under her, and she’s worried about me?
“I’ll be careful. I promise. I won’t touch your skin. But can I… Do you mind if I stay here?” Please? Pretty please? I can’t remember last time I begged, and now I’m praying. Thin line appears between her eyes, just above her nose. She’s thinking. She doesn’t smell so scared anymore.
“Be careful. I don’t want to hurt you…” She finally whispers. I snuggle my head back between her breasts. This is beyond good. This is heaven.