“I’m not going to do it. If you let go now, she will be alone for the rest of her life. Your kid will grow up without a father. I don’t care what happens to them. Jean isn’t exactly thrilled about the idea of a concubine, or adopting your brat.” I don’t know how much of this registers to the mindless beast on the other side of the locked steel door, but I keep talking.
“She will be all alone. Xavier will throw them out, because she can’t handle your little accident on her own. She can’t raise it, what ever it will be. It needs you. And you won’t be here if you let go now.” Ugly, but has to be done. I have to give Logan good enough reason to fight. I just hope he won’t catch my lie. At the moment Marie is sleeping with Jean in our room. I finally managed to talk some sense in to her. She can’t spend all nights cooped up against Logan’s cell. It’s not healthy.
“I’m not taking care of your bitch. She’s your responsibility. But what the heck, I’ll go and get her. Toss her in there. You work things out with her.” That finally rouses him enough to form a coherent sentence.
“You’ll do that, and I make sure Xavier tosses you in here after her…” Heavy thud against the door makes it rattle on its hinges, and bloodcurdling howl echoes from behind it.

I have been sitting here for hours now, talking and shouting. My throat is sore. My mouth is dry as Sahara. But I can’t just very well leave him, can I. There’s a man in there somewhere. He’s a little lost now, but I really do hope we can get him back. I’m not the biggest fan of Logan around here. I actually hate him. Hate him for trying to get in to Jean’s pants. But that’s no reason to let him go. That’s no reason to abandon his wife and child. For a wife that frail child woman in our room is to him. Not maybe in the eyes of the law, but Logan has never been the most law abiding creature. So I sit here and talk. Try to make him answer with words instead of growls and murmurs. I can see him from the monitors. He’s pacing restlessly back and forth in front of his bunk. Still tightly chained up. His eyes are bloodshot, and he’s sweating. Every once in a while he stops long enough to crouch down when the weight of the chains gets too much, but too soon he continues. And I want to make him stop. I want to put him down. Shackle him to that narrow cot at the far end of his cell. It has been five days already, and he hasn’t slept at all. He eats the food we give to him, but he doesn’t have the slightest concept of how to use the toilet. He just crouches in the corner. But I think the worst is behind already. He hasn’t changed. From the outside he’s still a man. And professor is convinced he can repair any damage that infection causes to Logan’s mind. Who knows? Maybe this all will turn out for the best.

“This has gone far enough. He can’t fight it alone anymore. He’s too tired. We have to sedate him.” Xavier. He’s watching Logan through monitors. Sedate? With what? I have seen him getting shot with enough tranqs to sedate a herd of elephants, and he just kept going.
“Have you forgotten his mutation?” I ask, and Xavier frowns.
“No. I was planning to ask Rogue to help us. Her mutation might be quite useful in this matter. If she can control it as well as she claims.” I don’t know what to think about his plan. In my opinion it’s quite useless. Rogue told us about her mutation and how it works. She probably can put Logan down long enough to let Xavier in his head, but what it will do to her? She’ll be getting her head full of raving lunatic.
“Isn’t it just spreading the infection? It’s clear, that it has attacked his mind instead of his body.” Again Xavier frowns, and now he looks uneasy.
“I am aware of the risks. But she’s easier to contain than Logan. If we allow infection to run it’s full course, there’s a good possibility we can’t keep him down. After all, it doesn’t take much from him to cut through those chains and that door if he so chooses.” And for that I have nothing to say. I tied Logan up tightly. He would have to skewer himself to get free. Even then it would be hard. But Xavier is right in this one. She doesn’t have adamantium. Logan has.

“I can do it.” She looks so sure. I can see she’s scared, but determined.
“I held Victor down for nearly five minutes. I could have kept him longer. I can do this for him.” And what part of my little speech she did not understand?
“I don’t like this plan. Logan might get better, but you might get hurt. And I don’t think Logan would agree with Professor on this.”
“I know he wouldn’t agree. But this is something I can do for him. If something goes wrong, I’m sure he’ll figure out a way to get me back to my old self again.” She has more faith in Logan’s abilities than any of us. Makes me wonder what really happened between those two. What made them click. In a way their relationship reminds me what Jean and I once used to have. What it still should be. And I can’t help it. I’m jealous.
“Professor waits us downstairs. And remember, you can say no, if you don’t want to do this. I’m sure Professor can figure out some other way to…” She silences me by placing a quick kiss to my cheek.
“Thank you. Thank you for caring.”