Author's Chapter Notes:
just a quickie...

in case you don't know, skittles are little lollies that are fruit flavoured and chewy. but how can you not know what skittles are? honestly! and yes, cakes can be made out of ice-cream.
~Logan?~
“Yes Jeannie?”
~Do you have any idea why my birthday cake is sitting out on the kitchen counter? From the looks of it, it’s been out there since very early in the morning. We both know you’re the only one up that late.~
“Well… I wanted to check it was ok for your birthday today.”
~Did I mention it was half-eaten?~
“Um… It was so good; I just had to keep eating! At least I left you some!”
~It was an ice-cream cake Logan.~
“Fuck.”
~Did you forget?~
“Marie came home last night. I had to welcome her home. And oh, what a welcome! I'll never think the same way about skittles again! But I was rather pissed off when she sent me back downstairs in my birthday suit to get them from her bag.”
~Much as I supported you in moving your relationship with Rogue to the next level, I’d rather NOT know all the sordid details. Thanks anyway. And I guess that explains what happened to the hallway... You do know you'll have to pay for that?~
"Yes Jeannie."
A soft yawn, and a sleepy stretch.
“Morning darlin'.”
A soft kiss.
“Bye Jeannie.”
~...~
“Oh, and Jeannie...?”
~Yes Logan?~
“Happy Birthday.”