Author's Chapter Notes:
Shooting out all six claws, Logan charged forward with a blood curdling roar, making a half hearted attempt to swipe the person nearest him. Screams erupted a split second later as people began to run, as far and as fast as they could, away from him. One dumb drunk pulled a gun on him, promptly pissing himself when he pulled the trigger, then watched the resultant shot wounds heal up before his eyes, as Logan wrenched the gun into two pieces. He watched in bored amusement as that guy ran too.

“Logan!” he heard Ororo’s cry behind him, and turned just in time to see Jean and Marie tumble from the diving board, which must have been jostled by the fleeing crowd causing them to lose their balance.

Jean caught herself telekinetically, floating uncertainly in the air as she was unable to see where she was or how far up she was. Marie on the other hand plummeted into the water with a splash, followed by Logan a split second later. He caught her, sinking quickly, then pushed upward off the bottom of the pool to get them both back to the surface.

He swam as hard as he could, fighting against waterlogged clothes, and a heavy metal skeleton that all wanted to pull him back to the depths. His will far out weighed his skeleton though, and he was soon hauling himself and Marie out of the water.

Quickly he cut the gag and blindfold off her, watching in relief as Marie gasped in a lungfull of air, while he cut the rest of the ropes binding her. Then she threw herself at him, hugging him tightly as she began to cry.

“Shh, it’s alright darlin, I’ve got you, you’re safe now,” Logan consoled her, as he rubbed her back soothingly, relief keeping him where he was as he held her just as tight as she held him.

After several minutes Marie pulled away, shyly wiping away her tears as she apologized for crying all over him.

“No problem darlin, you can cry on me anytime you want,” Logan assured her teasingly.

“Jean!” Marie suddenly remembered, turning to see where the other woman was. She visibly breathed a sigh of relief when she spotted her on the other side of the pool, Ororo having guided her to the ground, and now working on untying her.

“Jean’s fine kid, and you’re damn lucky you are too, if you ever get the bright idea to pull a stunt like that again, don’t,” Logan stated with a frown, suddenly losing the teasing edge to his tone.

“I knew what I was doing Logan,” Marie replied, rolling her eyes when Logan shot her a disbelieving look. “Hey it worked didn’t it, everyone got out alive, I fixed my fuck up from crash landing that stupid plane,” she finished in almost a whisper.

“God damn, Marie that wasn’t your fault, the jet was lucky to get off the ground at all after that missile strike, you moving the jet gave us a fighting chance, if you hadn’t done that we all would’ve kicked the bucket, and that wouldn’t have been your fault either,” Logan stated, tugging her back into his arms. “And for the record, I’d pick having you over Jean any day of the week, don’t tell her I said this but she gets annoying after a while,” he slipped back into teasing again.

Marie giggled, wiping her face of tears again. “Thanks Logan,” she murmured softly, giving a final sniffle before she queried whether Kurt was okay.

“He’s fine, Jean’s fine, how about you, are you fine?” Logan demanded, suddenly pulling them both back to their feet before he started running his hands all over her. Marie knew he was only checking for broken bones, or other tender spots but she blushed and squirmed uncomfortably regardless. Trying to fend him off, worried he would discover a few other things, like how much she enjoyed the feeling of his large strong hands running over her body.

“I’m fine Logan, just peachy, “ she assured him dismissively, even as she was drawn bodily back toward him.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pressing a kiss to her temple as he began to guide her back around the pool, intent on getting them out of the area as soon as possible. They paused to check on Jean who, though still exhausted, was physically unharmed.

“Alright, let’s get back to the jet before these retards get brave again,” Logan prompted, after sticking his head out of the pool-yard gate to check the coast was clear. He had dropped the arm around Marie’s shoulders but was keeping a firm grip on her hand, apparently not willing to risk her going anywhere without him.