Author's Chapter Notes:
She caught up to him just as he was throwing open a side gate, leading to the backyard of a seemingly random house. Briefly considering asking what the hell he was doing, she watched in confusion as he headed for the back of the yard, and began climbing a tree, before popping into a treehouse.

Just before Logan jumped back out, Ororo heard raised voices inside the house. She couldn’t hear what they were saying but it was a man and a woman, and didn’t sound like a typical domestic.

“That’s where they were hiding out,” Logan told her, as he brushed past her heading for the house.

With a solid crack he kicked open the backdoor of the house, and Ororo watched in shock as he advanced on and grabbed the man she could now see standing in the hallway, throwing him up against the wall. Claws were flashing dangerously again for the second time in less than ten minutes, and Ororo was worried this time there was no amount of grudging respect to stop Logan from using them.

“WHERE IS SHE!?” Logan roared in the mans face.

“W-Who?” the man asked, even as the woman who had been screaming at him a moment earlier backed away with a gasp.

“Your fucking daughter you pathetic waste of a ball sack, who did you rat her out to and where did they take her?” was Logan’s snarled response.

“Th-they usually ‘work’ at the local high school,” the woman whispered, tears in her eyes as she watched the scene unfolding before her.

“Priscilla!” The man still hanging from Logan’s fist hissed in warning.

“Oh go to hell George, the only reason I haven’t left you already is because I don’t believe in divorce but I can tell you this, by God I chose my husband poorly, I’m just sorry it took me so long to see and cost me so much,” the woman snapped back at her husband.

Obviously coming to the conclusion the woman’s testimony was trustworthy, Logan let her husband go, just long enough to slug him in the face; not hard enough to kill him but probably at least enough to break a couple of bones, and knock him out for a while.

“Where’s the high school?” Logan asked, watching as the woman grabbed a pen and drew a crude map for him.

“Please sir,” Priscilla said, catching Logan’s arm as he turned to leave, “Find her and get her as far away from this place as you can, take care of my little girl, I do love her, so much, but I can’t protect her, you can though, can’t you?” she asked with a soft smile.

“Yes ma’am,” Logan murmured in response, nodding gratefully to the woman as he felt his own nerves calm a little before heading out.

They made it to the high school in short order, having full out sprinted for the area. On leaping the gate Logan didn’t stop to second guess himself, before he was barrelling across the schools football field, toward where a number of cars and pick up trucks were parked haphazard on the grass around a fenced off area.

Picking up the scent of chlorine as he approached Logan realised this was the school’s swimming pool. A terrifying thought ripping through his mind about what he might find on the other side of the fence made him move faster. He picked up Marie’s scent as he yanked open the door and ran in, ignoring Ororo who was struggling to keep up behind him, and barrelled forward alone.

Two woman were standing on the upper diving board of the pool, around three meters above the waters smooth surface. They were bound at the wrists, blindfolded, and gagged. A man was standing further back on the diving board, prodding them with what looked like a cattle prod, clearly trying to push them off the end of the board. A crowd of onlookers were cheering around him as they watched, and Logan barley managed to restrain himself from gutting the lot of them right then and there.