Author's Chapter Notes:
~Alright blue-dude, give me some tips here, how do I get us back?~ Rogue demanded of her new head passenger, trying to push the agonised roar from Logan – that she had heard as she was teleporting out of the jet – far from her mind. She had even felt the shifting of air as he had desperately tried to grab hold of her. But if this worked he would thank her, she would be getting Jean back for him, or Scott, you know, however that worked out. And it was going to work, not working was not an option.

She could hear Kurt’s voice in her head, confused at how he got there, and where exactly he was, while he tried to explain his mutation only worked by line of sight, he needed to see where he was going to be able to teleport there.

~So how did you get us back in the jet after that free fall the other day?~ she demanded, unsettled by the sudden confused silence from her new passenger. Great, just what she needed, trying to use a power courtesy of someone who didn’t know how their power worked in the first place.

Thinking quickly as she watched the wall of water fast approaching them on the ground, as she heard the jets engines finally roar to life where it was suspended above them, Rogue figured what the hell; just think of some place and hope you end up there...

She reached forward and wrapped her arms around Jean, and felt the other woman slump in exhaustion. Rogue thought of her ‘safe place’. A picture appearing in her minds eye, just as she felt the first few drops of water hit them in advance of the wave.

~Go there,~ Rogue told her new borrowed power. Feeling the moment they left the place they had been, her stomach flip-flopping at the sensation of being ripped from reality while she was standing still.

With her eyes still closed she felt them reappear. Where that would be she still hadn’t figured out exactly but as gravity became a thing again she felt both herself and Jean collapse to the ground. She was so exhausted she could barely crack open her eyes, when she did she stared around her in confusion, then in amazement.

They were in her childhood treehouse in Mississippi.

“Huh, what do you know, it worked,” she murmured, before all but passing out, Jean right beside her.

--

The jet set down in sombre silence in the hanger under the basketball court. Silence but for the continual growl from the groups furious feral.

“Find her old man, get in your big round room and fucking find her!” Logan snarled.

“Logan there is—” Charles tried to begin explaining.

“Save it, you wouldn’t let me off then and there to find her myself so you damn well find her and point me in the right direction,” Logan replied, stalking off the jet, trying to ignore the old man as he called after him pointing out the dead don’t have brainwaves to detect.