Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie was digging through her closet trying to find the perfect outfit for dinner with Logan, their first, of hopefully many, dates. So far she had settled on a sheer silk bodysuit, because duh, can’t have a decent date without a bit of friendly groping, right. She had added a dark forest green bra and panties set she had been saving for a special occasion, this definitely counted.

Other than that though, she was stumped. Jeans were too casual, and she wore them most days anyway. All her dresses were long sensible things that didn’t scream sexy. She considered borrowing a mini skirt off Jubilee but just couldn’t get her head around showing off that much skin.

She was so deep in thought she didn’t hear the door silently open, she did hear it latch shut again though. Spinning around she tripped over a pair of shoes on the floor and fell, missing the bed by mere inches and landing with a thud on the rug.

“Ow, you know you could have avoided that by knocking right,” Marie snapped, glaring at her roommate as she rubbed her elbow.

“What did you do to our room?” Jubilee asked in mock shock, taking in the strewn contents of the closet.

“I’m going on a date but I can’t figure out what to wear,” Marie replied, as she picked herself up off the floor.

“Damn girl, you pick the most inconvenient times to go falling in love you know; military attacks the school, everyone flees in terror, insane madman tries to end the world – or at least our part in it – and what’s Rogue-y going to do, just go all gaga over some punk with a death wish,” Jubilee muttered, flopping down on her bed with a yawn.

“First off, thanks for your vote of confidence on the sanity of anyone who might want to date me,” Marie snapped in return, “Second, it’s not ‘some punk’, it’s Logan, and it has to be perfect!”

“Wait... Logan, as in ‘tall, dark and hairy’, as in ‘you look at him the wrong way he’ll aerate your liver’, as in –”

“Yes Jubilee, Logan, the one and only,” Marie interrupted, shooting another glare at her best friend, second best friend, on second thought maybe it was time to reassess her friend group...

“Why’d you have to cut me off then, the next one was a doozy,” Jubilee teased, promptly ducking the pillow that was tossed at her. “All right, all right, I apologise for offending the honour of the great god that is the Wolverine, to make it up to you, I will help you get ready,” she declared, suddenly loosing all traces of weariness and snapping back to attention like an energizer bunny.

“What are you doing?” Marie asked in confusion, as Jubilee began collecting up articles of clothing and tossing them on the bed.

“Look, as usual, you’re overthinking this,” Jubilee stated matter of factly, “This isn’t like going on a cutesy little date to see a movie and maybe get a milkshake like with Bobby, this is Logan, you know what he likes, what makes him comfortable, at best he’ll be taking you to a diner with a clean floor, at worst some grubby bar, so, point of preparation one, dress to your environment. Point of preparation two, you know what Logan likes, you are what Logan likes, dress as yourself, how you feel comfortable, because that’s how he likes you best, right?”

“I guess, but I don’t think sweatpants, a t-shirt, and my fuzzy bunny slippers are going to cut it for a date,” Marie replied with a grin; intentionally exasperating Jubilee was fun after all. All she got back from Jubilee was a glare, before she spun into action again.

“Put these on,” Jubilee directed, tossing a pair of jeans at Marie’s face.

“These aren’t mine,” Marie commented in confusion.

“Don’t worry, they’re clean and they’ll fit you, probably better than they would me thanks to your wonder-ass,” Jubilee grumbled good-naturedly, leaving Marie to try and wriggle into the pants in question. Wriggle she had to, they were pretty darn tight.

“I thought you said I was supposed to be comfortable!” Marie pointed out, as she set to work buttoning up the seven buttons that made up the fly of these jeans; surely they wouldn’t be practical for access at some point, ya know...