Author's Chapter Notes:
After spending close to an hour getting herself ready for the day, at least half of that spent in the shower under the apparently endless supply of hot water, Marie finally made her way down to the kitchen in search of food.

She glanced longingly at the sausages and eggs, momentarily considering cooking herself breakfast, before deciding she was too hungry to wait that long. Cereal, topped with fruit and yogurt was what she ended up filling her bowl with. Two servings later she decided she was full, and took a coffee with her outside to enjoy some sunshine and time to relax.

After her ordeal yesterday it felt nice to be able to let everything go. She didn’t have to hide here, and no one was going to try and kill her.

Relaxing though seemed to kick her brain into gear, and before long she found herself reminiscing on all the people who had tried to kill her. She had explained to Logan the day before how she knew some of them, but she had known many more. The hardest to see had been Cody, the boy she had put in a coma with her first kiss. He had glared at her with such hatred, a stark contrast to how his voice had always been soft, comforting, though simultaneously confused, in her head. She wished she had gotten a chance to speak to him, to tell him she was sorry, and she hadn’t meant it.

“Oh my god! Rogue!?” a stunned voice suddenly split the silence, startling her so hard she almost jumped clear out of her seat.

“Is that really you?” Bobby asked, seeming to not believe his own eyes as he rushed toward her, hesitating and flinching as he reached for her.

“Yeah, it’s me,” Marie tried to smile, past the hurt that he wouldn’t even touch her clothed hand.

“But... you’re alive... how? And how did you get here?” Bobby demanded, continuing to gawk at her.

“Oh, well, I touched that new guy, the teleporter, Kurt, and I teleported down to Jean but I didn’t know how to get back onto the plane so, I just thought of a safe place and we teleported there,” Marie explained, “Turned out we ended up back at my old home town, so I called the mansion yesterday, and the X-Men picked us up and brought us back yesterday afternoon, sort of last night.”

“Wait, Je- Dr Grey is back too?” Bobby confirmed.

“Yeah, I think she’s still sleeping though, using her powers to hold back that water, and fix and launch the jet, kind of took a lot out of her. I was pretty wiped too after teleporting across the continent but I had a good night’s sleep last night,” she told him with a grin. She wouldn’t tell him she slept so soundly because she was wrapped up in Logan, he didn’t need to know that.

“Well, um... that’s great, I’m glad you’re safe, and home,” Bobby offered, almost nervously, before he tentatively tried to pull her into an awkward hug. “I’ve been a little lost thinking I lost both my best friends,” Bobby told her with a boyish grin. And now she felt terrible about her plan to break up with him... His best friend ran off to join the enemy, his girlfriend died but then wasn’t dead but broke up with him instead, and none of his other friends were around to help him deal with it.

Logan was going to be tracking her down in a couple of hours though, and she didn’t expect him to wait patiently for her to figure out when the ‘right time’ was to break the boys heart. Better to get it over with quickly.