Author's Chapter Notes:
Slowly Marie began to drift to consciousness. She was toasty warm, wrapped up in soft cotton sheets, and comforting strong arms. There was a broad chest pressed up against her back, a strong arm around her waist, a solid thigh lying against hers, a calf over her own like it was hugging her leg. Something was pressing almost uncomfortably into her butt, and there were lips moving against her neck, kissing and nipping her teasingly through her hair.

Eyes popping open suddenly, she winced at the bright sunshine streaming in the window, directly into her face.

“God... why do you have a room on the morning side of the house?” she grumbled, as she lifted a hand to her face to rub at her tired eyes. “Uh... what are you doing?” she asked a moment later, when Logan simply chuckled as he continued to touch her. His hand that was at her waist sliding up to cup her breast, tweaking her nipple as he massaged the soft mound.

“Mm, what does it feel like?” he teased, chuckling when she stifled a moan badly.

“Like you’re doing something very, very goodly bad,” Marie mumbled, trying to extract herself from his grasp.

“Oh no you don’t,” Logan growled, pulling her closer and holding her tighter. “I told you last night I wasn’t letting you out of my sight, you going to try and make a liar out of me?” he murmured with a chuckle.

“Logan, there’s keeping an eye on me, and then there’s... this,” she stated in response, gesturing to their positioning in the bed. “What is this?” she demanded.

“A very good morning,” Logan purred in response, making sure every part of himself was pressed up against every part of her he could physically reach. “Hell, if I’d known waking up like this felt so good I’d have kept more women around until morning,” he teased, chuckling when she blushed and tried to wriggle out of his grip again.

“Relax, I’m joking, sort of, you see, right about the time just before you pulled your goddamn insane stunt, I’d had an epiphany... just as I was thanking all that was good in the world that you were right there by my side, safe, you just disappeared right in front of me; the best thing that ever happened to me, the person who made this life I live now hold some meaning... gone, in the blink of an eye...”

He wasn’t laughing or teasing anymore, and Marie suddenly couldn’t breathe as she found her attention captivated, by the beautiful green and gold flecked hazel eyes that were locked onto hers.

“I watched that wall of water close over your head and I felt like my soul got torn in two, I thought you were gone, and I wanted to go with you...” he whispered, as he raised a hand to stroke through her hair, using it as a barrier to cup her cheek.

Marie tried to brush him off, not willing to risk her heart believing what he was implying. “Yeah, I should have thought about how I was getting Jean back—” he cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

“I didn’t give a flying fuck about Jean, hell it was almost sixteen hours before I even remembered she had been down there too. It was you Marie, it was you I wanted, I wanted you to still be alive, I wanted to find you, and hold you, and never let you go... it’s you I love, Marie,” he stated, softly but firmly. “I’d tried not to let myself think about you like that, telling myself it was wrong, you were too young, too pretty... too good for a guy like me... as soon as I thought you were lost though, I realised what an idiot I had been. I love you, and I’m not wasting this second chance I’ve been given, we’ve been given,” he finished, shifting his thumb to brush away a tear that leaked from her flooded eyes.

“Really?” was all she could say in response.

“Really,” Logan replied, before he lifted up his thin cotton sheet, draping it over the bottom half of her face, and kissed her softly.