"Are you going to tell me yet where we're going?" Logan asked. He had finished dressing already, in the clothes Marie insisted on, and was now sitting on the bed watching her put the finishing touches on her hair.

"Nope," she replied, again, smiling at him in the mirror, as she slid the last pin into place, shook her head to make sure everything was staying where it should, and turned to him.

"Well you know, it's going to be pretty hard for me to drive you somewhere when I don't know where we're going," he added, as he reached for the keys on the dresser. They were snatched away before he could grab them as Marie darted out of the room, calling back that that was okay, she was driving anyway.

It took until they pulled into the parking lot for Logan to figure out where they were going, and he shared a bemused glance with Marie when he did. They came to this restaurant every year, on their anniversary, it was where he had asked her to marry him. Today wasn't their anniversary though...

Dinner went smoothly, as they just enjoyed each other’s company, teased each other, and joked about the kid’s recent achievements - not all of which were 'good'. As they were waiting for dessert Marie suddenly reached into the little clutch she had brought with her. Logan had thought it odd as she usually didn't bring a handbag or anything with her when they went out, and he watched in curiosity as she withdrew something. Softly she set a jewellery box on the table between them, though it wasn't a ring box Logan suddenly got the distinct impression she was about to make a very important statement. With a smile Marie watched him watch her before she began to speak.

"On this day, in this restaurant, at this very table, seven years ago, you made me the happiest woman alive when you asked me to marry you... since then we've been through hell, the both of us but mostly you, that was my fault and I'm sorry for it but if you still want me, and if you still want to be mine... will you marry me, again?" Marie said softly, apprehension clear in her eyes, as she opened the jewellery box to reveal his dog tag, laying on the satin inside the box.

"Darlin I've never stopped wanting you," Logan assured her, smiling over at her lovingly, before he picked up the dog tag out of the jewellery box and hung it in its rightful place around her neck.

"And this one," Marie said softly, pulling out a second box, and opening it secretly. Logan didn't get a chance to look at it until the solid weight was hanging around his neck. Three tags hung from the chain, one for Marie, one for Emily, and one for Daniel.

"Think we need some kiddo ones for yours too darlin," he teased, before leaning over to kiss her, tugging her around the small table to sit in his lap as he did. They were still busy cuddling when their dessert arrived, and the waitress just gave them a smirk as she left their food, before she took her leave and left them to it.

--

A few months later, on the day of their seventh wedding anniversary, they had a small commitment ceremony in the mansion gardens. Accompanied by all the friends, their pseudo family, who had helped them through their rough patch.

Emily and Daniel weren't at all happy about being left behind when mommy and daddy went on their second honeymoon, until Aunty Jubes whispered to them conspiratorially about staying up late, eating candy, and all the pranks they could pull on Uncle Scott and Ollie and Nicky.

"Just don't let them kill anyone," Marie said with a laugh, as she and Logan prepared to depart for a two week, all expenses paid trip to a secluded mountain retreat in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, before they had to come back and step back into their roles as full-time parents, and part-time super heroes.

Forty-one weeks three days later, baby Esther joined the family, living, breathing, screaming proof of just how much mommy and daddy had enjoyed their little getaway.

--

As Logan was again unloading groceries out of bags and into the kitchen cupboards, he again felt that oh so familiar, and for too long missed, feeling of contentment and peace fall over him. Emily came scampering into the room a moment later, followed by Daniel, and without a word but will lots of smiles, they helped put away the groceries. Then they set about making breakfast for mommy, who was still sleeping with baby Esther- but not for long once the giggles started.

Silently slipping into the room, with baby in her arms, Marie smiled at Logan as he supervised the two children now arguing over how to flip blueberry pancakes. Knowing Emily at least knew how to work the spatula, Logan left them to it, and moved over to Marie, wrapping his arms around her, and dropping a kiss on top of her head.

"Hey Logan," Marie murmured softly, smiling up at him lovingly, "Have you ever looked back on your life and wondered what if...? Wondered how life ever worked out to give you so much, when you were so sure you had screwed everything up so badly you could never have a fraction of the joy, and love you've got today? Like maybe you don't deserve to be so damn happy?"

"Every day darlin, every damn day," Logan replied, squeezing her tight, "And I love you all so much more for it, especially you, don't know what the hell you ever saw in me but I'm glad you saw it, I'm glad you loved it, and I'm glad you're here with me."

"Me too... but about you," Marie returned with a beaming smile, turning her head to kiss him softly as she did.