A/N: Remember- XMFC didn’t exist when I started this, so that timeline from that movie is missing here. I guess this is an AU? Well, considering they basically rewrote their own timeline, I’m not sure what the hell you call this. Either way, enjoy.


Chapter 8- Logan

She smelled good.

Normally, my sense of time is pretty damn accurate (which sucked, really... given my longevity) but I couldn’t say how long I sat there on Marie’s couch. I vaguely remember Gambit making a hasty exit, and I heard Marie puttering around her place. Then there was just the smell of her shampoo, and the faint traces of body wash on her skin as the warmth of her body pressed up against me on her couch.

The idea that Stryker was. That Marie could. Fuck. My mind was running like a hamster on a wheel and I didn’t have time for this shit. I took a deep breath and ignored the way my body tightened at her sweet scent. Also not the time.

Wasn’t exactly sure if we’d ever have the time.

To my shock, I felt a soft kiss on my arm. It was just an innocent brush of lips, a simple show of comfort but I felt it down to my bones. I shifted so that my arm was around her shoulders, and I sat there for several minutes, greedy for the slight comfort she offered. Marie’s phone pinged and she leaned forward slightly to grab her phone, pulling away from me in the process. “‘Ro said she’d be here soon.”

I knew that. We’d have to get ourselves to the meeting point Storm had insisted upon before Adler told me where to find Marie. The X-geeks couldn’t exactly land a jet in the middle of this sleepy little town, but that wouldn’t be an issue. I jumped when Marie tangled her fingers with mine. Her hand looked so tiny in my paw that it startled me. I had a sudden, visceral sense memory of those small hands on my shoulders, the neatly-trimmed nails skating down my back.

I gulped- like a damn kid who’d never experienced a touch of a girl before. For a second, I was afraid my voice would squeak when I spoke.

“We should go.” I started to stand up, but Marie moved with me, turning me and causing me to freeze in place when those same hands cupped my cheeks. In that instant my whole world was filled her eyes, and I couldn’t have made myself move if the damn place had been on fire.

“I’m not gonna leave you alone, Logan. You know that, right?”

I licked my lip a little nervously, thrown by the intensity in her gaze. Her brown eyes were serious, her pale features the color of cream, thrown as always into stark relief by the shocking white streak in her hair. I saw her gaze dart to my mouth, following the movement of my tongue and then I was gone.

My mouth crashed down on hers with everything I felt, everything I had felt since I realized what I’d done to her all those weeks ago. No. Before that. If I was honest, it was back when she’d just been a kid, and I’d kept myself away from her innocence like the filthy pervert I was. She made a low sound and I moved so my hands were tangled in her hair, tilting her head back so I could take her mouth.

She met me move for move, showing me that she could do more than keep up. I tried to ignore the dark shot of jealousy that hit me when I realized how she must have practiced kissing with others. After she bit my lower lip I let her lead, and the kiss gentled somewhat. Her skinny arms had wrapped around my waist, and my hands slid down to cup her ass, lifting her so that I could grind my thickening cock into her wet center.

We both moaned at that.

I could feel her trembling as she wrapped her legs around me. Marie jerked her head back to breathe great, thick gasping breaths as though she’d not wanted to take the time to breathe before. I knew that I was being too rough when I sucked at the skin under her jawline, down the cords of her neck and up to her ear. I growled a little at the faint bruise I left, knowing it would mark her as mine once it fully bloomed. She shivered as my beard scraped against sensitive, tingling skin and I bit at her earlobe. Marie’s hips jerked against me again and I could smell how wet she was.

Christ.

I swung around, stumbling over my knapsack and landing against the wall harder than I meant to, although I managed to keep her head from striking the wall by getting my hand there first. Marie’s face was flushed as she sucked in oxygen. I thought about it for just a second before slowly sliding up her shirt, and jerking down the cups of her bra so I could get at her breasts.

“Lo-ohhh. Logan!”

Her nipples were pebbled into a dark, dusky pink. Ignoring my own need, I used my hips to steady her against the wall while I bent to kiss at them. She cried out again and I loved it, grinning into her flesh. I sucked at her, knowing that she could feel the heat of me through our clothes, right where she wanted it most. She wasn’t wearing anything fancy- some kind of yoga looking getup that she’d obviously picked for comfort and warmth.

I flicked my tongue against the stiff peaks, pushing her breasts together with my hands so that I could alter between the two without taking too long in between. Her hand shook as she cupped the back of my head, the other gripping into my shoulder, nails digging into my skin.

I jerked away from her breasts to kiss her again, deep, drugging kisses that kept her distracted while I shifted a little so that I could get one hand inside her sweats. She figured it out pretty damn quickly when I slid my finger inside of her, the muscles fluttering around the one finger as I made room.

I had to pull away from her mouth at that, resting my forehead against the wall and breathing heavily near her shoulder. If she was that tight for my finger, she’d feel amazing wrapped around my cock.

Marie froze, sucking in a strangled breath and I jerked back a little so I could see her. She was flushed and sweaty, her bra pushed under her breasts, still wet from my mouth, nipples still hard from the attention I’d given them. Her hair was a wreck, little tendrils curled next to her sweaty forehead. I had to adjust my grip again, now that I had taken a slight step back, cupping her ass with one hand and slowly beginning to move the finger buried inside of her. Marie’s other hand drifted awkwardly to my other shoulder and I watched her bite her lip, closing her eyes.

“Aw, no, girl. You look at me.”

I tilted my hand up so that my knuckle bumped against her clit and Marie jerked with a gasp, eyes obediently flying open. The angle was a little off, so I couldn’t get as deep as either of us wanted to, but it didn’t take long to make her come apart with just my finger. She watched me the whole time, so close already that it only took a few thrusts and another slick rub of her clit before she came. She couldn’t keep her eyes open at that, but was so beautiful that way that I didn’t even care. I watched her slump against the wall, her mouth opening a little in shock as she cried out my name.

I waited for a heartbeat before slowly taking my hand out, and absently licking it clean as I arranged her clothes for her.

When Marie slowly sank to her knees instead of standing up, I almost fell over in shock. I was a bit rough when I backed away and I would have done anything to take the hurt look off her face.

“Shit! No, no, it’s not that.” I stepped back, hauling her up again so I could kiss her. “Trust me, darlin’. I want all the time in the world to take you apart. The timing though, it’s a little fucked.” I jerked my gaze towards her phone.

“Oh, crap!” Marie dove for her phone, texting away like mad. She put her phone down and kicked off her underwear and yoga pants, grabbing a pair of jeans and something silky out of her pack before hustling towards the bathroom. She was back almost before I got my stupid dick to calm down, and rendezvous or not, took the time to kiss her again before we left the apartment. I had a feeling there wouldn’t be much time for that sort of thing in the future.

Marie kissed me back, then pulled away to leave a quick butterfly kiss on my cheek that made me blush for some stupid damn reason.

She tossed my leather jacket at me, and I swung the straps of the packs onto my shoulder. Marie looked around once before shrugging and closing the door behind her. “You ready, sugah?”

Christ, I wanted to hear her screaming my name, that drawl in her voice hoarse from moaning, from begging, from-- I cleared my throat. “Yeah. Time to get the fuck out of Dodge.”

****

After a quick stop at a local superstore, I had her in flannels and enough long underwear that she probably could have survived the next Ice Age without breaking a sweat. We passed the bar, and the before I could blink were out of the tiny little town, heading west.

Her pack and my saddlebags had fit just fine on the Harley. At first, Marie had slid on behind me a little nervously, but now moved with me on the turns so well it made something in my chest tighten. Of course, driving a motorcycle through the Rockies wasn’t my best plan. Instead of my normal daredevil pace, I found myself puttering along like a doddering old grandpa. All I needed was to hit some black ice, and send her flying ass over teakettle off a goddamn mountain. I’d even put her in a helmet.

It seemed really important to get some distance from the town, in case Stryker made a move. We were only on the bike for maybe an hour and twenty minutes, tops, before I saw the jet and Ro, Jubilee, and Beast standing outside, clearly having heard our approach. No one spoke as I drove the bike into the cargo hold and long familiarity had us all strapping in without a second thought.

Marie was real quiet on the flight back to New York. She didn’t talk, and I didn’t feel right puttin’ our business out there in front of Best and the rest, so I shut my eyes and pretended to sleep. I doubt me checkin’ up on her with the occasional peek under my lashes fooled anyone, though. Jubilee had given her friend a huge hug and had burst into relieved tears, then respected Marie’s quiet request to be left alone for awhile and moved to start a low conversation with ‘Ro on the other side of the jet.

I knew that what had happened in Marie’s apartment had been just about the worst-timed thing in history. We had started to talk, but had been interrupted with the clusterfuck of... jesus. I frowned, popping my claws, ignoring the startled squeak Jubilee gave. I felt Marie’s soft fingers on my hand, reaching out over the aisle, rubbing carefully up to the adamantine until I retracted them, then rubbing gently over the healed, sensitive skin. She took her hand back only a few seconds later, but it was enough to calm me down. Just her brief touch. 

There was a lot to plan. A lot to debrief. A shitload to do. But, with Marie trying to comfort me, with god and everyone watching... for the first time, in a very long time, I didn’t feel quite so alone in doing it.

 

TBC