By the time the next picture arrived she was well and truly over her break up. Gambit had tried to make a reconciliatory pass at her a week prior, foolishly for him it had been as they were heading in for weekly team practice. Her response had been to use his face to mop the floor as she proceeded to kick his ass.

That had unfortunately caught Scott's attention and she had been reprimanded, every single training session and mission since. She was tense, she needed to loosen up, her teammates weren't the enemy, she wasn't meant to kill the enemy, and on and on he went. She was about ready to have a go at him, until this last mission...

He hadn't reprimanded her after the last mission, which she thought was funny as she had been particularly reckless this time. She had taken on Sabertooth. While she was 'assigned' Sabertooth as a combatant - yes some of the Brotherhood were assigned certain X-Men as primary hand-to-hand combatants due to their mutations or skill - Sabertooth was primarily left to Wolverine, as they both healed and had claws, and basically couldn't kill each other, and wouldn't die from each other. It turned out her own recently acquired invulnerability protected her some from Sabertooth, not that she had been thinking about that when she had stepped in front of him. All she had been able to think was Wolverine was too far away to get to him in time, and if she didn't step in he was going to kill... Scott.

Maybe that's why she hadn't been reprimanded, maybe Scott was just a hypocrite, who didn't mind the rules being fudged so long as he benefitted from it...

Today's picture was a scene from that fight. Her uniform was torn, her hair was tangled and mussed, her ponytail pulled partway out. The determination in her eyes though, as they flashed dangerously, even drawn on paper. Her artist made her look terrifying to behold. Like an angel of death she was closing in on her target, ready to strike him down as he cowered before her.

She chuckled. Her artist was a little disingenuous, if Sabertooth had been fearful of the attack launched against him it would have been of Wolverine, who had joined her moments later, not little old her.

Adding the picture to her collection she decided to skip her pre-breakfast shower, for now, and headed for the gym, maybe a turn in the danger room to have another go at kicking extinct kitty cat butt was required.