Marie tried to settle the fussing toddler in her arms, trying not to wrinkle her pretty dress too much. She had tried to hand almost three year old Audra off to Jessie, Rosalie’s bridesmaid, so she could go take her seat but the stubborn little girl just refused to sit still. She wanted to go throw her flower petals like she had been told she was going to but no one would let her yet... because Rosalie still wasn’t ready.

“I’m going to go check on her,” Marie finally declared. The rest of the wedding party had been sent downstairs by Rosie, who had said she wanted a few minutes to herself. That was almost ten minutes ago.

Just as Marie reached the door of the family suite, where Rosalie had been getting ready, she heard voices from within.

“Am I doing the right thing daddy?” Rosalie murmured tearfully.

“Don’t ask me that kid, I’m biased, of course I’m going to say no, you’re my little girl, and I hate the geeks balls for finally manning up and coming and asking for you,” Logan’s deep sullen voice rumbled in return.

“You could have said no,” Rosie pointed out with a giggle.

“What? And have you and your mother make my life miserable for the next decade,” Logan snorted in amusement. “Hell, me and you both know you’d have married him anyway, just to stick it to me... you’re as stubborn as your momma, and almost as pretty,” he teased.

“Almost?” Rosalie replied in mock indignation.

“Yeah, almost, unfortunately for you, you got a few traits from me,” was the response.

For a moment the pair were silent, after chuckling in amusement, before Rosalie returned to her previous topic.

“But what if I’m just... letting my stupid heart cloud my judgment... what if the dumb things he does really do bother me and I’m just not thinking clearly... what if this is a mistake?” she asked, almost desperately.

“Kiddo, there is only one way to figure out if this is a mistake, and that’s to go down there, do it, and see what happens, you two have been together for years though, the honeymoon phase should have worn off by now. Besides, there’s always going to be things about another individual that annoy you on some level, even your mom and I annoy the hell out of each other at times,” Logan told her with chuckle; and if he wasn’t picturing how he had woken her up at three o’clock just that morning coming in from Nate’s stag party, after she had told him to sleep on the couch if he was late or drunk, and then proceeded to keep her up the rest of the morning snoring, she would have to be sure to remind him, again.

“Here, I was going to give this to you after, with the rest of the presents, but I think it’ll mean more now,” Marie heard Logan suddenly interject. The rustle of paper a moment later told her a gift was being unwrapped.

“Oh daddy, they’re beautiful,” Rosalie exclaimed softly.

“One for every year of your life,” Logan said, as Marie recalled the album he had put together for their eldest daughter on her wedding day. “So you can see what a beautiful, strong, intelligent, courageous woman you’ve grown into... even if you did pick the dorkiest moron in the mansion to marry,” he added with a growl... that quickly dissolved into a chuckle to match Rosalie’s giggle.

“Come on, you ready to go make that dweeb the second luckiest man in the building?” Logan announced suddenly.

“Second?” Rosalie asked curiously, “Who would be the first?”

“Me of course, gorgeous wife who’s way too good for me, two beautiful daughters, son who’s growing up to take after his old man... no one could beat that!” he declared, as they stepped up to the door, and pulled it open.

“You two ready?” Marie asked, making it look like she had just arrived.

“Yeah, I’m ready... don’t know about him though,” Rosalie grinned, nudging Logan who hugged her again as he lead the party back downstairs.

--

Three days later Marie smiled when she saw the newest addition to Logan’s collection.

Rosalie and Nathan, dancing at their wedding. Though truthfully they hadn’t been doing much more than standing on the dancefloor holding each other. Matching looks of total adoration on each face.

“I still think he’s a jackass,” Logan muttered, as he passed the doorway.