He woke up slowly, a feeling of warmth and contentment settling over him as he slowly came back to consciousness. There was something warm and soft in his arms, and the gentle tickle of silky soft hair under his nose. Burrowing into the warmth more he felt it shift against him, his hips bucking unconsciously into the soft flesh pressed against his erection.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open, jerking back he rolled off the bed as Marie shifted again, stretching as she woke.

"Morning Logan," she mumbled sleepily.

"Uh, morning kid," Logan muttered, stalking into the bathroom and shutting the door behind him, locking it for good measure.

As she heard the shower start Marie couldn't help the laugh that tried to burst out, obviously neither of them had expected that kind of wake up, though she wasn't going to complain. She pulled the blankets back up around her and snuggled back into the warmth Logan had left behind, trying to ignore the fact she needed to pee. When he finally opened the door again, he was almost bowled over by the slight girl as she shoved him out of the bathroom, with a comment about him 'taking long enough', as she slammed the door behind him.

Logan dressed as he listened to the sounds from the bathroom, he shouldn't but for some reason he just couldn't help himself this morning. It had nothing to do with waking up wrapped around the girl, currently showering behind that pathetically thin door, just this morning, with his dick pressed up against her ass cheeks, nope, nothing at all. It also had nothing to do with the image of her, naked and wanting, that had flashed through his mind when he had jerked off not even two minutes later. Nope. Shit.

Not that it mattered anyway, they were pulling out for Whitehorse today, a couple of days and they would be splitting up and going their separate ways. Her to continue her 'adventure' to Alaska, and him to hole up for the rest of winter, alone. For the first time in a long time a pang of regret passed through him, somehow the kid had done something unexpected. She had gotten to him, wormed her way passed his defences and he was missing her already, just from the thought of her not being there.

He was about to slip out, to go and pick up some breakfast for them, when he heard the shower shut off. He may as well wait for her now, she could pick her own breakfast for a change. He had just sat down on the ratty couch under the window when the bathroom door opened and a still wet, towel clad Marie stepped out.

"Oh, I thought you would have gone to get breakfast already, thank goodness I put the towel on," she commented, an interesting contradiction between her flirty tone and the blush that spread down her neck and across her chest. And he was not thinking about just how far down it went...

"I figured we may as well go together seeing as how we're both up," Logan replied non-committally. "I can go though, if you need some time to yourself," he added.

"No, that's fine, sounds like a plan, give me ten minutes," Marie replied with a smile, as she pulled clothes out of her bag and turned back to the bathroom. And he was not staring at the bottom curve of her ass, where it peeked out under the too short towel.

Marie hurriedly dressed, much the same as she had the night before, though this time she triple-layered the long sleeve tops and left off the tank top. It might be a bit colder but she would totally not be flashing cleavage when she took her coat off, she thought sarcastically. She reapplied her make up too, the same as the night before, it had nothing to do with the fact Logan had said she looked nice the night before, or the looked he had flashed at her when he said it.

Leaving the bathroom as she pulled her still damp hair into another messy bun, she headed for her outer wear, layering up while Logan just sat on the couch and seemed to ignore her.

"Done, we going?" she asked, as she pulled on her coat.

"Darlin, I think that's the first time I've ever heard a woman say ten minutes and actually mean it," Logan said with a grin, following her out of the motel, pausing to lock the door, leaving her standing in the cold while he fished for keys to unlock the truck.

--

An hour and a half later they had packed the last of their belongings and loaded the camper, Marie waited in the cosy warmth of the cab while Logan went to check them out. She was full of delicious hot food, and looking forward to napping through the amazing Canadian countryside on the way to their next stop, a place called Watson Lake.

Logan had told her about the Sign Post Forest there, where people from all over the world had hung signs from their own home towns. She asked to stop and see it which he had agreed they could do - she didn't have a sign to add but she could stop and see of anyone from Mississippi had beat her to Yukon.

She was just starting to get impatient and wondering what the heck was taking Logan so long, when he appeared out of the office looking annoyed. He started the engine without a word and pulled out onto the highway before he reached for the radio, which hadn't been touched since she'd gotten in the vehicle thirteen days ago. She had assumed it didn't work, turned out she was wrong. Logan scanned through channels until he hit one with a weather report playing.

"Change of plans, kid," he commented, as the weather broadcast, predicting a huge week long snow storm, finished. "Storms due to hit, late-morning tomorrow, I need to get to the cabin before then because I would rather be holed up at my place than some dive on the highway, so we're going to drive right through to Whitehorse today, won't get to see your sign posts yet, sorry."

"That's okay," Marie replied with a smile, it wasn't his fault it was going to snow. She was a little upset it would mean a day closer to having to come to terms with the fact that they were scheduled to part company. "How long will it take to get there?"

"Normally it's a twelve-hour drive, though it's going to take a little longer in this snow, we'll probably get there sometime around two, three am. It's going to be snack food only for the rest of the day, you can grab some when we stop for gas next," he added.

For a while they continued listening to the weather updates before Logan flicked the radio off, and grimly set out to make it as far as they could before the snow started in earnest.

A few hours later they pulled up at a gas station, Logan handed Marie cash and told her to 'load up on junk food' and she ran for the warmth of the nearby building. She went to the bathroom first, before grabbing a basket and loading it with a variety of snack foods, she grabbed water too, and a bottle of orange juice. By the time she got to the counter with her selections Logan was already there waiting to pay for the gas.

"Took your time," he said, amused, perusing the selection of products she had acquired. "Better take a bathroom break while we're here too, won't be making another stop for at least three hours," he commented, as they were heading back to the vehicle.

"One step ahead of you," Marie replied, climbing back into the truck, "What did you think took me so long?" she added, as he climbed in too.

"How would I know, I thought women were supposed to take forever shopping," Logan teased.

"Yep," Marie replied, "They take forever shopping, are never ready in ten minutes, and like romance novels... I'm starting to think I might not be a woman," she added jokingly.

Logan chuckled. "You're definitely one of a kind darlin."

They fell into companionable silence again as they rolled down the highway, Marie snacked for a while on some beef jerky and a bag of trail mix, before falling asleep around four in the afternoon. The light was fading fast so there wasn't much to look at anymore to keep her awake.

She was roused sometime later, at first, she thought Logan was waking her to say they were there but as she stretched and yawned, she could feel the truck still rolling steadily down the highway. "What's up?" she asked curiously, when Logan called her name again.

"Look," he replied, pointing out the windscreen. It took her a moment to realise what she was looking at as the greens and blues and purples of the aurora borealis shimmered and rolled across the sky.

"Oh my gosh... it's beautiful!" she exclaimed, leaning forward and resting her folded arms on the dash of the truck, propping her chin up to get a view of more of the sky. She sat there for over an hour, eventually shifting to a more comfortable position, leaning against the cold glass of her window, mesmerised by the lights, before sleep eventually claimed her again.

The next time she woke the truck was silent, and Logan was gently lifting her out of her seat. "Go back to sleep," he murmured, as he carried her towards the dark void of a building. She could only make out the doorway, illuminated by a dim light, there weren't any stars left in the dark night sky.

She vaguely felt herself being laid down on a soft surface, her jacket was gently stripped off, and her boots disappeared from her feet, before a pile of soft warm blankets were laid over top of her.

"'Night kid," Logan spoke softly out of the gloom.

"Mm, 'night L'gan," she whispered sleepily in returned, as she drifted fully back to sleep.