"Logan you can't be serious! He's family," Marie declared, glancing toward their own twin boys who were blissfully unaware of the situation as they coloured in their books, and occasionally the table beside.

"I get that Marie, I do, but five kids under three, that's not exactly going to be a calming environment for two feral clawed infants, to be honest I'm not- I'm not even sure it’s safe to take the one that's mine, the rest of the kids don't heal Marie, the last thing we need is a clawed toddler going around stabbing the shit out of his siblings because he’s throwing a temper tantrum," Logan pointed out. It hurt him to say it, to suggest his own child wasn't worthy of growing up in his own family but he was at a loss of how best to protect all of them.

"No Logan, I won't accept that, they belong here, both of them, I hear what you're saying but we can work around it, there's got to be some way to stop them accidentally doing any physical harm but abandoning them is not the answer," Marie replied, she was close to tears herself, though she knew that was largely down to her wacky new mama hormones. “What if Aidan or Liam pops claws tomorrow, are you going to give up on them too?” she suggested, knowing that was just a mildly manipulative comment to make, though really, what was the difference.

"Five kids… Under three…" Logan repeated bluntly, "As much as I love you and love the kids I just- that's one hell of a job Marie, even just the breastfeeding, are you really up to going back to seven plus hours of breastfeeding a day? I mean, I can manage the boys while you do but... I suppose, if we got a housekeeper it would help, they'd definitely have to be mutant friendly though... and..." Logan trailed off as he caught the triumphant smile on Marie's face. "God damn it, the things I get myself into with you around, shit," Logan commented with a resigned chuckle, as he surrendered. Marie threw her arms around his neck as she laughed happily, pressing a kiss to his whispered cheek.

The sudden change in tone from the adults at the table attracted the attention of the boys, who left their colouring books and cookie crumbs to see what was going on.

"Wha' 'appen mama?" Aidan asked curiously, as he tried to climb onto his mother’s lap.

Marie smiled, as she picked both little boys up and settled them on her knees. "You guys know how you have a new sister now, right?" she started.

"Kee-ra!" Liam shouted, pointing to the basket where he knew the baby was sleeping.

"Yep, Keaira… Well, you're going to have two new brothers as well," she said, watching their faces to see if they were understanding.

Both boys looked confused before Aidan pointed to her stomach and asked, "More bubbas?"

Logan chuckled. "More bubba's but these ones aren't growing in mama's tummy, they're already born, like Keaira is now. Do you want to meet them?" Both boys nodded enthusiastically, big grins lighting up their faces in response. It was no secret that they both loved their sister to bits, so more babies just like her were bound to be as well received.

Scott stood, to go and help Kitty bring the babies in, while Marie sent Logan to get the double pram tucked away in the nursery for them to be put down in.

Marie watched Victor as he sat at the table looking conflicted. "Victor," she said softly, waiting for him to look up at her. "Go and meet him," she said, nodding toward the door where Scott had paused. He looked surprised, then grateful, as he rose and followed Scott out to the jet.

Anna was smiling now, tears in her eyes as he left. "Thank you, that meant a lot to him," she said softly once the door was shut.

Marie didn't reply, she didn't want to be nice to the guy, she didn't want to make him happy, but at the same time a part of her wanted to forgive him. What he did was terrible but what he did gave them Liam, and as the little boy sat in her lap playing with her hair as he chattered about having another baby, she knew she wouldn't change that for the world. She wanted to forgive him for Liam's sake, forgiving didn't mean forgetting, she reasoned, just accepting it happened and what was done was done.

Turning her attention back to the matter at hand, she asked Ororo if there was any information on the baby’s mothers. Two more files were presented, much thinner than the men’s, with some generic information on the women. Marie almost wished she hadn't asked as she read through the information, she knew Logan would read it too and no doubt blame himself for what the poor girl, who had lost her life at the hands of his child, had gone through. She tucked the files away inside Logan's file, she wasn't hiding them, she just hoped he didn't see them yet... ever.

Logan came upstairs a few minutes later with the stroller and the pram baskets, putting it together ready for the new boys who would be using it shortly.

Kitty appeared at the door then, greeted by excited shouts from the boys as they leapt from Marie's lap and ran to hug her, they excitedly asked if she had brought them presents this time. "Well, not exactly presents but I did bring your two new brothers," she replied, as she turned back to the door as Scott and Victor entered, each carrying a tiny swaddled baby.

Though these babies were a couple of months old they only looked about the same size as Keaira, Marie worried as she took the bundle Scott handed her, under the boys’ watchful eye. She watched discreetly as Victor stepped up to Logan and handed him the other baby, hearing his muted 'take care of him', before the two men parted.

Sitting down on the couch, as Kitty dropped the two wriggling toddlers back onto their feet, Marie introduced them to the first of their new brothers. Unsurprisingly they woke him up pretty quickly. Before he could begin to wail, and disturb the other two babies, Marie set about preparing to feed him.

"Anna, could you be close for this, just in case something happens," Logan asked, worry evident in his voice, though he was visibly trying to staying calm for the sake of the baby in his arms.

Anna agreed readily, she was going to miss the babies, she had gotten quite attached to them but she was happy they would have a family now. She settled down next to Marie, who was perfectly calm and exuding motherly energy, and watched as the hungry little boy sniffed at the increasing scent of milk and began trying to wriggle his way toward the source.

Marie spoke softly to him as she moved him into position, and he stopped wriggling as soon as his hungry mouth latched onto her breast. He had a strong suck and was swallowing milk as fast as he could get it, hopefully a few weeks of regular feeds would get him up to weight, she would have to make sure she was eating enough to make enough milk to feed all three babies.

Anna ran her finger gently down the baby’s cheek, smiling at the contentment before furrowing her brow in confusion when she picked a stray thought.

"What is it?" Logan asked immediately, noting the odd look.

"He- he thinks you smell like daddy," Anna told Marie, puzzled, "But how can he know what his daddy smells like?" she asked, still confused. The thought was a positive one though so she wasn't worried about it, though no one else seemed able to understand it either.

Logan sat down on the opposite couch as the baby he was holding began to stir. The boys distracted the little one from his hunger for a time but he eventually began to grizzle and fuss. Logan offered him a finger to suck on to keep him busy for a while longer, that turned out not to be the best idea though he discovered, when he felt tiny little fangs emerge from the baby’s gums a minute later and sink onto his finger, annoyed that he wasn't getting any milk.

"Want to swap, the little vampire is past hungry," Logan told Marie, as he eased his finger out of the baby’s mouth.

Marie hurriedly swapped babies, trying to push aside the concern of this little one biting her with those fangs. She swapped breasts so he would have a full supply of milk to suckle on. Gently manipulating the engorged nipple she squirted a bit of milk into his mouth before he was close enough to latch on. The fangs instantly receded into his gums as he began to reach for the milk, latching on hungrily and sucking away without the slightest scratch.

Anna scanned him too, no thoughts of daddy but he was very happy, she giggled before whispering the thought she picked up in Marie's ear. Marie joined in her laughter when Anna informed her that baby thought she tasted yummy.

Before Marie could finish feeding the second baby, Keaira was awake and starting to fuss. Kitty picked her up and rocked her gently, Jubilee was going to be so jealous when she found out she got to hold the new baby first. Logan swaddled the first baby once he was burped and sinking into a blissful food coma, before laying him down in the pram to sleep. He collected the second baby when he began to drift off, full of milk, at the breast, allowing Marie to take Keaira.

"We need another bassinet, and another crib," Logan reminded her, "I can go get another bassinet in town but if you want a matching crib, we'll have to order it from back in New York."

"That's fine, we won't need it for a while yet. Are we going to put the newbies in Keaira's nursery or in the boy’s room?" Marie replied.

"Until they're sleeping through the night probably better to keep them with Keaira." Logan's attention was drawn from Marie to the baby in his arms, when he suddenly realised Liam was hanging over the baby almost in his lap. He watched in surprise as Liam put his face right up close, nose to nose with the baby, whose nose wrinkled and twitched as he scented his genetic half-brother before he began to purr softly. Liam giggled and began to purr in response, before climbing fully into Logan's lap and gently pulling the baby into his arms, the baby in turn quickly snuggled down and went to sleep.

"Did that just happen?" Logan asked, glancing over at Marie who was staring at the boys in shock.

"Yeah, that was weird," she replied.

"They know they're brothers," Anna said, after lightly touching both children, "The little one knows the smell, the bigger one... I don’t know how he knows."

"Is it going to cause problems, with the others and ... the dad issue," Marie asked concerned.

"I don’t think so," Anna replied, scanning each of the children. "They know they are related, that's natural, even wild animals know who they are related to, but your pack is not always your family, if they are raised together, they can form a pack, even where the direct blood links are lacking... theoretically." Anna shrugged, she wasn't a scientist, just a girl with a fondness for zoology, either way, the kids all seemed happy.

She monitored their emotions as Aidan climbed into Logan's lap as well, cuddling up next to Liam on the other side of the baby who cuddled up to both of them in return.