Logan was in the garage, taking a break from working on his new motorcycle. He was not waiting for Marie to get home... he wasn't, at least that's what he would tell anyone who came to ask. He was sitting in the open garage door, leaning against the wall enjoying a cigar, when he spotted Marie’s truck turn in off the road, tires squealing loudly, before it flew up the wide drive towards the garage.

Instantly on alert, he scanned the road the truck had just turned off, to be sure nothing was following them - there were no other cars he could see. He noticed as the vehicle got closer that it wasn't Marie in the driver’s seat but Jubilee, that annoyed him a little, he knew how Jubilee drove, that was the main reason he had said no one but Marie was to drive it, insurance and all. Catching sight of Marie's pale face, where she was crammed on the bench seat between Jubilee and Kitty, he suddenly didn't care.

Pulling himself to his feet, he watched as Jubilee slammed the truck into park, the handbrake being applied before it was at a full stop seeing the vehicle jerk sharply to a stop. Then she leapt from the driver’s seat, heading for the front entrance of the mansion. She caught sight of Logan halfway there and changed course.

"What happened?" he growled, meeting Jubilee on his way to the truck, where Kitty was now trying to get Marie out of the vehicle. He could hear at least one of the boys hollering from the backseat.

"Sabretooth was there, he came up when we were loading the truck, Rogue panicked and froze, she hasn't said a word since she saw him, I managed to get away before he caught us, he took a swipe at the back of the truck though, and I had to go, uh, off road a bit to get away from him, sorry," Jubilee looked apologetic, though obviously distracted by Marie.

Logan got to the passenger door, and moved Kitty out of the way gently. "Check on the boys," he ordered, as he reached for Marie, her eyes were glassy and she was obviously in shock. He reached out and touched her face, only to snatch his hand away quickly when Marie jumped hard, and her mutation greedily bit at his skin.

"It's okay darlin, everything's okay, you're safe, Jubilee got you all out of there, he's gone baby," Logan soothed, running his hands up and down her covered arms gently, as he watched recognition begin to flood her face.

"Oh god," Marie whispered, as she burst into tears, burying her face in his chest as she clutched at him. She sobbed for a few minutes before she started pulling herself together. "I can't believe I did that, I just froze, what if Jubilee and Kitty hadn't been there, I left them unprotected, how could I do that," Marie stated angrily, as she swiped at the tears on her face.

"It's okay darlin," Logan stated, gently rubbing her back, "You panicked, it's understandable, we can work on that, besides, you didn't leave them unprotected you had Kitty and Jubes, if they hadn't been there you'd have handled the situation completely differently but you didn't have to in this instance because they could handle it for you, you did good darlin, all of you did.” Logan nodded to the two girls, who were now holding a baby each, bouncing them gently to try and shush their hiccupping sobs.

Pulling Marie into another hug, as a shudder ran through her, he kissed the top of her head softly. "Better now babe?" he asked after a moment, when he felt her start to relax. She nodded silently. "Mutation turned off?" he probed further.

"Yes," she answered after a pause. Immediately Logan tipped her head up and kissed her. She had a small smile on her lips when he pulled away. "What was that for?" she asked.

"I missed you," was all Logan said, as he turned and gestured for the girls to hand over the babies. By the time babies had been handed over Marie was out of the truck, Logan turned to her and handed Aidan to her, keeping hold of Liam, and gently nudged her in the direction of home. "I'm going to get this lot sorted out, you guys get your shopping, then put the truck away Jubilee," Logan directed, as he followed Marie towards the house.

"Yes sir," Jubilee beamed, Logan gave her permission to drive Rogue’s - read his - beloved truck, an admission he owed her one if ever there was one.

Quickly gathering up all the bags out of the back, Kitty began ferrying them up to their room, while Jubilee parked the truck in its usual spot. She assessed the scratch damage on the back of the truck where Sabretooth had tried to grab hold, it wasn't too bad, she just hoped Logan would still be as thankful to her once he had checked over the suspension.

She picked up the last of their bags and trailed after Kitty up to their room, once there they quickly sorted out the bags that were Rogue's, and the things they had bought for the boys, their spoiled honorary-nephews, before making their way to Logan and Rogue's room. The suite door was open when the girls approached, and they could hear them talking softly in the bedroom.

"Knock, knock," Kitty called out at the open door.

"Come on in," Logan called back from the bedroom.

The girls wandered in and over to the bedroom, where they spotted Rogue sitting cross legged on the bed, a hungrily feeding baby in each arm. "Thanks for bringing that stuff up," she beamed at them.

"No problem girl," Jubilee replied, as she reluctantly relinquished the truck keys to Logan.

Kitty set down the bags on the dresser before she turned to Rogue. "What do you think Sabretooth was there for?" she asked softly.

"Nothing good," Logan muttered, from where he stood. "More importantly though, what did he pick up on?" Logan looked curiously to Marie.

"He looked a little shocked," she admitted, "And he was definitely scenting, you said Aiden and Liam smell different so I would say he probably picked up on that, I don't know how long he'd been there, he was specifically standing downwind so he may have been there for a while," Marie finished, looking worried.

Logan nodded. "I'll go talk to Chuck later, keep him updated, get him to keep an eye on him, tomorrow I want all three of you in the danger room,” Logan added, "Bring the boys down too, they'll be able to sit in on this, I want to teach all three of you a few tricks to getting away from that oversized furball. That okay darlin?"

"Sounds like a good plan," Marie confirmed, with a determined nod.

"Thanks Logan," Kitty added, they wouldn't always have a vehicle on hand to make a quick getaway in future, so whatever he could teach them would be useful knowledge. "Well, we'll leave you guys to it," Kitty spoke up again, noting Logan's gaze repeatedly flick towards the pink bag on the dresser, she had a feeling she knew where his thoughts were tending towards. With a blush she quickly scoot out the bedroom door, followed by a grinning Jubilee.

They were stopped at the suite door by Logan. "Thank you, both of you, for your quick thinking and getting them out of there, it really means a lot to me," he said bluntly.

"No problem Logan," Jubilee said, "You'd have done the same for any of us, hell you'd have got us out and stayed to fight the bastard while we got away," she grinned.

Logan laughed. "True, and don't worry about the truck Jubilee, that sort of damage is easy to fix and much preferable to the alternative," he said pointedly.

With satisfied smiles, both girls bid a final farewell and made their way back to their own floor. Listening to the door close, and the lock click behind them, Jubilee nudged Kitty. "Do you think he's going to like it?" she asked, trying to sound innocent.

"Dear god Jubilee, you spend far too much time thinking about your friends sex lives," Kitty announced, hurrying faster down the hall. Jubilee just laughed as she trailed along behind her.