Two hours later, he had done his best with the car, and after cleaning himself up he swung by the kitchen to get Marie a pre-dinner snack on his way upstairs. She was lying across the bed on her left side, head on a pile of pillows, as she munched on baby carrots and some purple dip, while reading her book.

Logan dumped the snacks he brought on the dresser, and watched her in amusement until she noticed him standing there. Before he could say anything, she pointed across the room at a stack of boxes.

"Everything's ready to move," she said with a grin.

"And you're packed?" Logan asked, glancing from the pile of boxes to a pile of clothes dumped on the couch.

"Well, it's ready to pack," Marie replied sheepishly, following his eyes to pile of clothes on the couch.

Logan chuckled and shook his head. "I thought you weren't into fantasy crap," he commented, leaving her to read while he moved over to start shifting boxes.

"No, I said I wasn't into vampire romance rubbish, this, this is amazing, it’s got politics, deception and treachery, wars, spies and double-agents, complex plots, mythical creatures, and lots of epic death scenes!" she replied animatedly.

"Sounds ... dark," Logan said, as he hefted a box. "What the hell is in this?" he added with a grunt.

"Oh, that one's books, sorry, should have marked it," Marie said, before turning back to her book, leaving him to juggle the heavy box and opening the door.

He had the boxes moved in short order, leaving them piled up against the wall between the living room and the two bedrooms, they wouldn't be too hard to move later into whatever room they needed to go into. The suite, he found, was sparsely furnished; it had a small kitchen with standard appliances, a couch, coffee table, TV, and one bedroom had a large bed and bedroom set. The second bedroom was empty, though it appeared to only have been recently emptied, so they could set that up as a nursery over the next few months.

When he was done with the boxes, Logan went back to Marie's room to repack his stuff. He had brought a larger pack with him, for the extra stuff he would need for the year he had expected them to be staying here, but it was easier just to load that to take with him than to repack a smaller bag for the week they would be away. He had just zipped his pack up when he picked up a hitch in Marie's breathing, and a muffled giggle from the bed, a quick check of her scent revealed she was surprisingly aroused, a brief glance over his shoulder showed she was still engrossed in her book. Needlessly stealthily, because she wasn't paying any attention to him anyway, Logan crossed the room and lay down behind her, silently reading over her shoulder.

"Shit Marie, you didn't say it was borderline pornographic," Logan choked on a laugh, as he skim read the words on the page she was finishing.

Marie giggled again. "You think that's bad you should see the TV show, this is tame as anything. This is one of the sweetest couples in the whole series though, I swear they're the only ones that actually really, truly, love each other ... and then she gets killed, it's really sad, in the TV show they made it even worse by showing her actually getting killed in front of him and him holding her while she died, at least in the book he just finds her body after the fight..." she fell silent for a moment before asking, "Maybe I know nothing though, you would know better, what's worse, finding your lover dead, or holding them while they die?"

Logan wrapped his arms around her, resting his face in her hair as he breathed in her scent, and tried to forget that horrible moment on the statue when he thought he had lost her, before he replied, "Either way doesn't really matter, they both end with a dead lover."

"... And now I'm depressed, and I haven't even got to the part where she dies yet," Marie muttered, in a joking tone after a brief pause, marking her page and snapping the book shut.

Logan smiled at her before asking, "If you know what happens already why are you reading it?"

"Because the best books are the ones that have you coming back again, and again, to read and re-read them, because the story is so intricately written you find new details every time you read it, plus, I found the series in the library, and thought it would be fun to refresh my memory," she answered.

"Wait... that was in the library?" Logan asked incredulously, "Doesn't that shit have an age restriction or something? Has One Eye read it?"

Marie laughed so hard she almost made herself sick when her bouncing belly bumped into her snack stuffed stomach, before she replied, "I don’t know if it has an age restriction, and I don’t know if Scott's read it but the contents of the books are well known, and most of the students have seen the TV show so, I guess there wasn't much point in trying to censor it, besides, don't you think it's a little hypocritical of you to be bringing up age limits for reading when..." she broke off, gesturing to her belly pointedly.

Logan went quiet. "... Fair point, guess I was kind of asking for that one," he said eventually with a grin, "In my defence though, you were legal, how are they really going to stop the younger kids, and there are some pretty young kids here, from picking this stuff up, hell, even most of the kids your age aren't as mature as you and probably shouldn't be reading that stuff, or doing the things we do."

"Definitely should not be doing the things we do," Marie agreed with a chuckle. "I don’t think the Professor would be very happy with a couple dozen baby mutants running around... and you think I'm mature?" she asked, regarding him curiously.

"Of course I do, how could anyone not? You can hold an intelligent and articulate conversation, you know to make short term sacrifices for long term gains, and you're determined when you set yourself a goal, you know yourself, and how to make compromises to work with others but you never sacrifice your core principles. You think before you react, and you hear people out before you make decisions... and that's all part of what makes you so fantastic - the fact you can cook is an added bonus, and I'm glad I get to call you mine," he said, planting another kiss on her shoulder.

"'Yours' huh?" she asked teasingly. At his determined nod, she wrapped her arms around him and replied, "On one condition, you're mine in return."

"Always darlin," he answered, with a satisfied smile.

"Good then, now that that's settled, if I am yours you should probably feed me, because, despite the fact that I have been snacking for most of the afternoon, I am starving, I don't think vege sticks and hummus are quite doing it for me," she said, regarding the empty container of purple goop with disdain.

"That was hummus? Why is it purple, I thought hummus was supposed to be a creamy colour?" Logan eyed the container warily.

"It was beetroot hummus, Ororo bought a whole lot of different flavoured ones, I didn't actually mean to eat the whole container when I swiped it though," Marie laughed.

"Maybe the tiny kids are carnivores, trying to tell you they want something meatier; I hear venison stew is on the menu tonight, shall we?" Logan asked, offering her a hand up off the bed before taking her hand and leading her down to the communal dining room. He knew it was venison because he hunted the deer himself, the cook had been supremely impressed.

They opted to sit at the teachers table that night, mainly because there was, oddly, nowhere else in the room where two adjoining seats were spare. Unfortunately, that meant the third degree about where they were going over Spring Break. Logan didn't want to give too much away, he hadn't yet revealed to Marie exactly where, and why, they were going up North, so he kept his answers brief and vague when Marie directed enquiries to him as the mastermind. He was relieved when Marie changed the subject a short time later.

"Hey Jean, about the eating, you said eat small meals more frequently, and it is helping with the indigestion but I seem to be constantly eating, and constantly hungry. I mean, this is my second bowl of stew - which is amazing, and filling me up - even though over the last few hours I ate a damn sixteen ounce tub of hummus and a whole bag of baby carrots which I don't know where it all went but apparently it wasn't my stomach!" Marie claimed.

"That's where the hummus went," Ororo commented with a laugh.

"Yeah, sorry about that, it was good by the way," Marie added, "I'll get you another one as soon as I can."

"Oh don’t worry about it, I'm glad it went to a good cause," Ororo replied, glancing down at Marie's peeking belly.

Jean chewed thoughtfully before hypothesizing, "It's possible your body simply needs more protein, the babies have more or less finished developing and from here on in are really just getting bigger, growing muscle, growing bone, that takes a lot of minerals and a lot of protein, instead of eating hummus with vegetables try eating it with hard cheese, also try high protein and fat nut butters, yogurt- and red meat seems to agree with you, if you add vegetables, try higher protein vegetables like broccoli, spinach, peas, avocado, and have them drizzled with a bit of olive oil, or butter. Just try different things really and see what works for you."

"So, it's not bad if I eat more meat and dairy and less veges?" Marie confirmed.

"No, not bad, if you're worried about vitamins though I do have a prenatal supplement if you would like to take one just in case?" Jean offered. Marie readily agreed, and thanked her, promising to come down to the lab in the morning to get a supply.