It was Wednesday before Logan had a chance to meet with the Professor himself, though Marie had already talked to him on the Monday after her physics class. Logan had been kept busy repairing blown pipes, after the ice boy had thought it would be funny to freeze the water going to his friends hot shower - seems he forgot that water expands when it freezes. Logan knocked on the Professor's office door at lunchtime Wednesday, after noting he wasn't at lunch, and was greeted and directed in by Charles, who was grading papers at his desk.

"I can come back later if now is not convenient," Logan said, noting the uneaten plate of food on the desk beside the stacks of graded, and ungraded, papers.

"No, no, now is quite alright, just please don’t be offended if I eat during our conversation," was the reply, as a freshly graded paper was moved to a new pile. "I understand you and Rogue are going to be away for Spring Break," Xavier commented. Continuing at Logan's affirmative nod, he asked in a round about manner, "We generally like to know where our students will be on breaks, so we can monitor their general area in case a situation arises but I forgot to ask Rogue where you were planning to holiday."

"Town called Parrsboro, up in Nova Scotia, we're going to be staying with... I guess they're the closest thing I have to family, besides Marie, thought she'd like to finally meet them," Logan told him.

"That sounds like a lovely idea, perhaps you should speak to Jean, if Rogue hasn't already, about precautions Rogue can take to make the car trip more comfortable for her," the Professor suggested, "Is the cell phone number we have on file for you still correct? Just in case of emergency of course."

Logan confirmed it was, before steering the discussion back to the topic he had actually come to discuss. He had found a spot suitable for the survival class in the woods, and drafted a brief list of all the things he would teach, which students he would get to help him, and a timetable for a two week program concluding with a week-long camp where the kids would have to survive alone in the woods with only the things they could scrounge up around them for shelter and food.

"It should be fine weather-wise that whole month but it's not much of a survival situation if something doesn't go wrong at some point, do you think Storm could make it rain on them the third or fourth night? Not too much, just enough to test their shelter weatherproofing skills," Logan asked with a grin.

Xavier chuckled. "I'm sure that can be arranged, it is for a good cause after all. How much damage do you expect will be done to the wood?" he queried.

"Aside from crushed undergrowth and a few latrine holes to be filled, any environmental damage should be minimal, one of the things I'll be teaching them is how to hide their presence, everything from covering tracks to bush camouflage, so it shouldn't be too noticeable, providing they can follow instructions."

"That would indeed be preferable. What dates have you planned, so we can schedule the student’s other activities?" Xavier queried, as he pulled out a handwritten date planner.

"As early as possible after terms end, I understand that’s the twenty-sixth of June, maybe give the kids a day off and start on the Friday, if you're expecting them to have classes over the weekends, otherwise the Monday. Jean says Marie could go into labour as early as the tenth of July, so ideally I’d like to get this as much out of the way before then as possible," Logan stated. His concern, at being too far away from Rogue as her due date approached, was evident.

"Of course, I would suggest five day-classes, from the first to fifth, then beginning the week-long camp on the morning of the sixth, ending on the evening of the twelfth. There will be some overlap of dates but it will hopefully not be an issue, I would not expect you to miss the birth of your children to run the class, if Rogue does deliver that early we may either postpone the camp or another teacher can take over for a couple of days," Charles assured him. "I will also put in the request for Ororo to make it rain between ten pm and two am on both the eighth and the ninth, that should give the students plenty of practice to plug any leaks and enjoy their hopeful success in their weatherproofing endeavours."

Logan chuckled. "Gee, I thought I was pushing it wanting them to get wet once, you're positively sadistic Chuck," he joked.

The two men conversed for a while longer, minor details about the class, and how the students were to be 'graded'. Marie was given a pass from the class unless Logan felt she was able to join, the Professor pointing out he had no doubt that Logan would teach her anything he deemed she needed to know, that he hadn't already gotten around to showing her, at some point anyway. As for the rest of the students who would be attending, the Professor was going to confirm the attendance list closer to the date, as a few students’ families had not yet finalized their summer holiday plans.

Eventually, as classes began to resume in the rooms around them they bid farewell. "Enjoy your holiday, the both of you, I too will be away over Spring Break, though I imagine not to nearly as enjoyable pastimes, so I must finish this grading before I leave," Charles concluded.

Logan returned his farewell and left him to it. He ran into Marie in the hallway, nose buried in a book as usual, as she wandered toward her next class, though this one surprisingly enough was fiction. Snapping the book shut, with his finger marking her page, Logan took her arm, tucking her hand into the crook of his elbow. "Come on darlin, you're late enough as it is," he said, as he walked her to her class. He placed a kiss on the end of her nose before opening the classroom door and ushering her in. He took the book with him, much to her annoyance, to deliver it to her room for her to read later.

Five minutes after the final bell rang Marie marched into the garage, where Logan was working on a car one of kids had ‘accidentally’ banged up.

"Where is my book?" she demanded immediately.

"Hi darlin, how was your day, mine was great thanks for asking," Logan joked, as he wiped off his greasy hands on a stained rag. He would never tell her this but she was particularly cute when she was annoyed, and he may or may not intentionally annoy her sometimes just to get to see it.

Marie tried to look annoyed before giving up with a laugh and moving over to hug him, standing up on her tip toes to peck him on the lips. "My day was going fantastic until someone stole this book I was reading and now won't tell me where they put it," she replied.

"Book's on your bedside table but..." he added, catching her around the waist, above her belly, when she tried to dart out of the room. "We're on for leaving tomorrow night, we'll be heading out at seven, so you should go pack, don’t forget your passport because we're crossing the border, and the suite the Professor's moving us into is ready, if you can start boxing up all your stuff I can move it when I'm done here. We'll stay in your room tonight and officially move in when we get back, does that sound okay to you?" he queried.

"Except for the me not getting to read my book part it sounds great," Marie responded cheekily.

"Take the book with you, you'll get plenty of time to read, I promise," he compromised.

"Alright, alright, do you know where I'd find some boxes?" she asked, as she made to leave the room again.

"I already left a whole lot up there, should be enough," Logan kissed her one last time, promising to be finished soon, and she wandered out of the room, leaving him to get back to work.