They had been coming to their second home every weekend for several weeks when Marie asked suddenly one trip, "Where exactly is this place?"

"Ridgefield, Connecticut," Logan replied, not looking up from the parts he was working on.

"Wow, I didn't realise the school was so close to the state border," Marie commented airly, before turning back to the tools she'd been sorting through on the work bench.

Logan was working on the bike in the garage, Marie had been in the garden but had come to join him when the rain started. It was still warm enough to have the garage door open, and they were both enjoying the gentle patter of the rain through the trees outside.

A metallic clinking and scraping drew Logan's attention, he watched as Marie pushed all the tools aside and jumped up to sit on the workbench. He busied himself with the bike, keeping an eye on her in his peripheral vision. She had a look on her face he had come to realise could mean either entertainment was ahead, or trouble. Being he was the only one around he had a suspicion he was in for trouble.

He finished his work a short time later and cleaned up his tools, before returning them to their places on the workbench where Marie was still seated. It took him by surprise as he turned, when he realised she was wearing a short skirt, a very short skirt, over a pair of sheer tights... Her skirt was so short, and her tights so sheer that he could clearly see she was not wearing underwear.

He quickly diverted his attention and moved to stand beside her, where he wouldn't be able to see straight up her skirt, even if he wanted to, which he definitely didn’t... mostly... a bit. Unfortunately, his new position wasn't much better, she was also wearing, unusual for Marie, a very low-cut shirt... and no bra. He kept his gaze firmly diverted for as long as he could, and when he couldn't any longer, he muttered, "I'm going to get a beer, put those away for me will you," before stalking out of the room and leaving her behind.

He didn't look back. It was that resolve that missed him the smug smile on Marie's face. She knew Logan had feelings for her, the him inside her head had admitted it, though he seemed confused about what exactly those feelings were or meant. He wanted to protect her, keep her safe, he loved her smile, and hated her tears, and he'd never felt like that before. The other side of him, the Wolverine side was a whole different story, he wasn’t confused at all, he wanted her, he called her his mate, and made no secret about what he wanted to do to her, and with her.

When Logan had returned, he'd been a lot more comfortable around her but had not made any indication of wanting anything more than to be friendly with her. Even if his hands did linger on her waist, and very occasionally slip over her ass, when they were together. Both Wolverine and Logan had replied 'jailbait' when she'd asked why he'd been so reserved in his attention. That had led to her looking up the relevant consent laws, much to her annoyance she'd discovered that the age of consent in New York was seventeen. Unlike literally every state around, and the entire country of Canada above, where the age of consent was sixteen. Wolverine had found her displeasure at that fact highly amusing.

She had begun to suspect on their many recent trips however that they were not in New York here, which technically meant she was not jailbait. Logan had just now confirmed that fact for her, and her internal versions of him had suddenly gone very quiet. She wanted to test the waters, so to speak, and see if she could get a better read on where Logan was at in his thinking regarding the two of them. He definitely noticed her, the fact that he had opted to leave was a little disheartening, though he hadn't told her off or to cover herself up, so that would work in her favour. She'd give him a while to get himself back under control... then she'd try some subtle flirting.

After dinner, which Logan cooked, they retired to the couch to watch TV, as usual the sports channel. She was lounging on Logan like she usually did when she decided to try a little direct action. She had her head resting on his shoulder, and let her hand come to rest on his thigh, very high on his thigh. He didn't react. After a few minutes, her hand wandered a little higher, until she was tracing the waistband of his jeans. Still no reaction. It wasn't until her hand got directly over his crotch that she felt him tense, just the tiniest amount. His hand reached for hers suddenly, threading his fingers through hers and moving their now joined hands away from him. "Watch the game Marie," he mumbled gruffly.

So, she did, and the moment the game was over she swiped the remote and switched the TV off. When she turned to Logan, he was watching her, with an unfamiliar intensity. She didn't waste any time in quickly straddling his thighs, as she moved forward to press soft, quick kisses against his lips. He didn't stop her, which she took as encouragement to continue. It wasn't until she had the ever present sheer scarf she always wore untied, that he hesitated for the first time.

"You're sure," he asked softly, holding her back so he could look into her eyes.

"I'm sure," she replied resolutely, unfurling the dark green silk scarf. She bought the material up between them before kissing him again, she had no idea what to really do from here so she was hoping he'd take the lead.

He didn't disappoint, and for the next twenty minutes they sat on the couch making out. Marie had already divested him of his shirts, he had likewise removed hers, and she was moving onto his jeans when his hand closed over hers again. He shifted her off his lap, and she whined in disappointment, before he grinned at her wolfishly and whispered in her ear that he wasn't ‘taking her for the first time on the couch’.

The next thing she knew they were in the bedroom, her laid out on the bed as Logan stripped off her skirt, leaving her naked but for her sheer panty hose and her gloves. She supposed she should be a little embarrassed, being essentially naked, but this was Logan, he'd seen naked women before, plenty of them, and if he was still looking at her the way he was, well, she figured she didn't have much to be embarrassed about.

He settled the scarf over her, covering her from nose to hips, before he moved over her. "Last chance Marie, if this goes any further, I won't lie, I won't be able stop," he whispered, holding himself in check with visible effort.

She reached for him, running one gloved finger from his temple to his jaw, before replying, "Don't stop Logan, please, don't stop." She couldn't have said any more if she'd wanted to, his lips claiming hers in a fierce kiss then, all coherent thought fled soon after.