Six months later, Marie and Logan took a summer vacation to Colorado. It was Sophia’s first birthday, and her parents invited them out for a fun filled time if celebration.

They had been making hinting suggestions to Marie about their ‘only grand baby’ being so far away and so hard for them to spoil. So it came as no surprise to Marie when Logan took her out one day, just the two of them, Sophia staying behind with her doting grandparents, and he suddenly pulled into the driveway of a large, two storey, log cabin style house.

Marie froze in surprise before asking plainly, “Did you buy this?” a comment clearly harking back to her introduction to the Connecticut house.

Logan grinned back at her, pausing for dramatic effect before he replied, “No, no I haven’t bought this one, yet, I thought you should get some input in the decision this time, want to see inside?”

“Are you serious? You really want to uproot our lives and move halfway across the country?” Marie asked a little incredulously.

“Why not, what’s to stay for? We only stayed originally for your schooling, aside from a few of your friends who still go to college back there... well the X-Men clearly don’t want us around... but out here you’ve got family, my work isn’t limited by location, seems to me it’s got all the perks and no drawbacks, we can also afford a bigger house and more land with what we sell the other house for,” Logan pointed out, his grin growing as he watched Marie thinking over the proposal. He chuckled a minute later as he saw her make up her mind, a bright smile spreading over her face as she did.

They went back to their accommodation for the night to inform Marie’s parents they were moving to Colorado permanently, having made an offer on a property that day. It was celebrations all around.

As Marie drifted off to sleep later that night, Logan spooned behind her, and Sophia cuddled on her arms, she couldn’t help thinking what a good idea it had been to try to seduce Logan way back then. Sure it had been playing into Wolverines plan but hey... it wasn’t a bad plan!
Chapter End Notes:
And they all lived happily ever after. The end...