School had been back in session for a month, and Marie had more or less settled into a routine. Sophia handled her absence like a champ, though she learned quickly that getting in the car in the afternoon meant mommy was coming home, and she was usually awake and waiting for her with a brilliant beaming smile by the time Marie got out of class. Nothing was said about Logan continuing to drop off and pick up at the door, whether it was because the administration was no longer worried about him, or they just didn't want to risk her parents getting involved again, they weren't sure but it worked.

The only dark spot in her school experience was the new kid, the guy she had bumped into the first day back, his name was Remy, he was from the South too. He was a budding womanizer and for some reason he had set his sights on her, and wouldn't take a hint. He would try to follow her between classes when she went to express milk, he would try and sit with her at lunch, even going so far as to try and get her friends to leave, or cut her off before she could get to them. Jubilee seemed to know what he was up to, and she thankfully made sure Rogue was never actually alone with the guy.

It didn't help that some of the more self-righteous - read petty and jealous - female students made snarky remarks around her about him being 'her type', while simultaneously 'warning' Remy away because of 'what she did to the last guy she fucked with'.

She hadn't yet complained to a teacher, though she had irritably told Logan her complaints about the guy. He wasn't amused, well not by the harassment, he was amused at the fact the poor kid seemed to think he had a chance, to which Marie rolled her eyes and called him a smug bastard. He had agreed, when it came to her, wholeheartedly. At the same time, he'd offered to come set the guy straight, which had been Marie's turn to laugh, bloodshed was not what this situation required, yet. He had also encouraged her to tell the staff, she had mentioned to Ororo that he was annoying her, but so far it was only at the stage of the guy being irritating so there wasn't much that could be done, until...

--

Marie was hurriedly collecting books from the library, that she needed for an essay assignment, when the library door opened and softly closed. She didn't think anything of it until she heard the lock click.

Great, someone must think this place was good for an afternoon liaison... should she say something to let them know they weren't alone, or should she just sneak out quietly and leave them to it. Before she could decide, someone stepped into the aisle she was in, crouched down where she was sliding her books into her bag.

"Can I help you?" she asked irritably, of the tall, dark-haired boy now standing blocking her exit. She hadn't said anything, because her momma always taught her not to say anything if you couldn't say something nice, but his black and red eyes creeped her out.

"Actually, you can ma belle, you can stop hiding from me, we both want this, I know it and--" he started.

"Look, I have a fair idea what you want, I am not interested, I am not hiding from you, I just want you to leave me alone, I'm not sure how many more ways there are for me to say it. Go. Away." She moved to hoist her bag, now heavy with books, and push past him. In a split second, and with a startled squeak, he had her pushed up against the nearest bookshelf.

Recovering quickly with an angry growl, she lashed out. Simultaneously kneeing him the groin, and jabbing upward with the heel of her hand, catching him in the nose. As her leg came down she made sure to stamp on his instep.

"Final warning," she all but snarled, as she shoved him stumbling out of the way, and stalked out of the room.

"There you are, I wondered why Logan was still out front... what’s going on?" Jubilee trailed off at the furious look on her face.

"That goddamn creep tried to feel me up after locking me in the library," Rogue snapped.

"Oh, please tell me the inner Wolvie roughed him up a bit!" Jubilee replied, chuckling darkly at the thought.

"You could say that," Rogue replied, with a predatory grin.

As they both stepped out the front door they came face to face with Logan, he was walking in circles on the drive, bouncing Sophia gently as she grizzled. "See little one, there's momma, I told you she was just running a little late," he cooed to the baby, who stared at Marie with her big blue, tear filled eyes.

"Did mommy take too long to get her books, did she sweetie," Marie asked the mute child, before kissing her gently on her tiny nose. The little girl calmed quickly and began to coo and gurgle happily.

"You've got blood on you," Logan stated with a concerned frown.

"Oh, don't worry, it's not mine," Rogue replied, noting the red drips on her sleeve. She probably broke Remy's nose, oddly she didn't feel the least bit sorry for that.

"I think I'm more concerned that you have some else's blood on you, to be honest," Logan replied in almost amusement, as Jubilee sniggered behind her. His lopsided grin morphed into a dark scowl as she told him what had happened in the library. "Is the Professor in his office?" he asked Jubilee.

"Yeah, they're having a teacher meeting or something," Jubilee replied, not the least bit surprised that this situation tipped him over the edge to flout the Professor's imposed rules. She had a feeling he was about to blow every single one of them, simultaneously, in epic fashion.

"Go find this Remy kid and get him to the Professor's office," Logan told her, as he moved to the front door, Sophia still securely cradled in his arms.

"No, Logan!" Rogue said, tugging back on his arm as she shot him a worried look.

"Marie if they're going to try and fuck me over, over this, I will take it, this is unacceptable and needs to be stopped, now, it's gone too far, what if you didn't know those moves, what if the next girl doesn't, just how far do you think he would have taken it?" Logan asked her, gently but firmly.

"Yeah chica, I have to agree with Logan, the guy’s been a menace since he got here, though this is the first time he's laid a hand on a girl who said 'no', unless everyone comes down on him like a ton of bricks though it probably won't be the last," she added, she had had to live with the guy for months now and even she was ready to take her problems with him to the Professor, she knew a few girls who would say the same.

"Alright, okay," Rogue finally acquiesced, though she still looked worried as Logan took her hand and walked her inside. Jubilee scarpered to find Gambit, hopefully he was still hiding out in the library nursing his wounded pride, she also stopped by the rec room to send runners to urgently find several other students.

The sight of Logan stalking through the halls of the school brought everyone they passed up short, to stand staring wide eyed and open mouthed. The baby peering over his shoulder cooing and giggling happily as she watched faces pass by.

Stepping up to the Professor's office, Logan rapped twice before opening the door and walking straight in, Rogue following along behind him. "Chuck, we need to talk," he stated.

"I have a phone, as do you," the Professor replied, eyeing him warily, the fact Logan was holding his child put him at ease to a degree, that he had so openly flouted the rules almost fully counteracting the ease.

"This is not an over the phone kind of issue," Logan responded, gesturing Rogue forward.

"What seems to be the problem Rogue?" Xavier asked, turning his attention to the girl.

As she explained what had been happening in the lead up to this afternoon's library incident, she observed the faces before her growing grim. The Professor stopped her when she explained she had told Ms Munroe, who confirmed Rogue had told her, and that she had spoken with the boy and advised him to leave her alone. Rogue continued her story, getting to the part where he had shoved her up against the bookshelf, when, with Hollywood timing, the young man in question entered the room.

Rogue didn't need to explain what she had done to him, though she did, the two black eyes, swollen lip and cheek, bloodstained face, and slight limp the boy was walking with made it clear she wasn't playing around. Logan chuckled where he was standing next to her, grinning broadly, proud of his little mate for being such a fierce fighter.

Moments later the office door opened again and Jubilee, along with four or five other girls, walked in. "We heard that Gambit had finally taken it too far and was going to get a dressing down, we came to lend our own sorry tales to the mix," Jubilee announced.

Rogue moved off the floor, letting the other girls step forward and tell their stories. While they did, she collected her again grizzling infant from Logan and settled into an armchair tucked away in the corner to feed her. Logan stood protectively in front of her, blocking her from the view of the rest of the room.

Once the girls had finished their stories of harassment, the Professor repeated Rogue's briefly, before asking the boy to explain himself. He just stood mutely in the corner of the room with his head bowed, as he realised how much trouble he was in.

"What made you think it was acceptable to lay your hands on a young woman, even after she had very clearly advised you she wanted you to leave her alone?" the Professor pressed angrily.

"I figured she was just playing hard to get, the other students said she put out if you got her alone, I knew everyone was afraid of her because of her skin but she had a baby so I figured that was true..." the boys comments were cut off by the metallic rasp of Logan's claws sliding smoothly into place. The boy gulped nervously, realizing he'd made another mistake when all the other students in attendance, who had all trained with Logan at one point, stepped back, leaving plenty of room for whatever carnage the Wolverine saw fit to unleash.

With a deep menacing growl Logan spoke for the first time to the boy. "You didn't stop and think maybe the fact that she didn't want anything to do with you, and had a baby, might mean she was happily involved with someone else?" he pointed out, definitely the most logical conclusion in the circumstances.

"Not really, I mean, who would want that long term, you can't even touch her, it's fun for the thrill but..." the boy stuttered nervously, albeit obliviously. Rogue couldn't help marvelling at how Logan could make people spill their guts, figuratively in this instance, just with a look and a growl.

"So, what you're saying is you wanted to have a little fun at her expense, is that accurate?" Logan replied, menacingly stalking up to the boy before Scott, or anyone else, could get between them. Marie wasn't worried, Logan wasn't going to hurt him, he would want him to live with the humiliation of having been bested by a girl, the Wolverine's girl. He was just going to scare the shit out of him so Remy knew he'd gotten off lightly between what she had done to him, and whatever punishment the Professor was yet to hand down.

"Listen here and listen well boy, my girl is no shrinking violet, she knows what she wants and she takes it, that's how she got me, and because she got me, she's not interested in you, you pull any shit like that again and it won't be her defending herself you have to worry about-" he paused for dramatic effect as he raised a fist full of claws to prove his point, all three razor sharp ones- "Now, you owe these girls all an apology, and that goes double for Rogue."

Remy meekly, and hurriedly, apologized. Even though Logan backed off, and moved back across the room to stand by Rogue, he refused to move from where he was standing flat against the wall, and wouldn't take his eyes off Logan. It seemed Logan had gotten his point across.

"Thank you Mr LeBeau, that will be all for now, you will be recalled later," Xavier stated coolly, watching almost amused as the boy raced out of the room faster than he had ever seen him move, followed by a low growl from the feral on the other side of the room.

Before anyone could speak, once the door had closed behind the boy, Jubilee jumped across the room and wrapped her arms around Logan. "Thanks Logan," she grinned up at him.

With a chuckle, Logan ruffled her hair playfully. "You don't have to thank me kid, you still remember those defence moves I taught you?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, and now I know how well they work I'll have to 'practice' some more," she added with a laugh.

"Alright girls," the Professor interrupted, he made a show of apologizing as well, assuring the girls that action would be taken on their behalf. They were encouraged to bring any other issues to the attention of their teachers as promptly as possible in future, before they were allowed to leave.

By the time the girls were all dismissed Sophia was back in Logan's arms, dozing lightly as her daddy rocked her gently. Rogue had retrieved her bag and was ready to leave too. She was hoping that they could leave quickly without anything said about Logan 'breaking the rules'. Unfortunately, that wasn't about to happen.

Logan felt Marie tense when the Professor spoke, he squeezed her hand gently before he turned back to the older man to acknowledge him.

"Given the circumstances I agree wholeheartedly with your flouting of the rules, excluding threatening one of my students, that was excessive," Charles ignored Logan's chuckle in response, he knew there was no way Logan would agree with that assessment so there was no point pushing the argument. "However, the rules still apply going forward, you will be permitted to drop Rogue off, and collect her, nothing more," he advised.

"Understood," Logan replied, before following Rogue out of the room and away.

"How many times do I have to tell you darling, you worry too much," he told her, pulling her closer as they walked out of the building.

"How did you know?" she asked him, narrowing her eyes at him calculatingly.

"He won't want a sexual assault complaint laid against his school any more than he'd want complaints about an inappropriate teacher-student relationship," Logan pointed out. "He knows better than to try and piss me off, I'll make sure he goes down for it, and he knows it," Logan grinned at her, as he boosted her into her seat in the truck, planting a quick kiss on her lips, before he went to strap a peacefully sleeping Sophia into her car seat.