After classes were done for the day Rogue was hurriedly packing her bag, so she could run for the kitchen and collect the milk she had expressed through the day, and be waiting for Logan when he arrived.

~"Rogue, could you stop by my office on your way out please,"~ the Professor requested telepathically.

With a weary sigh Rogue replied, ~"Sure, I'll be there in a minute."~ Just what she needed after a long day, more harassment about her relationships. Okay, that was probably a little disingenuous, she decided with a chuckle, let them talk before she started judging their intentions. She hurriedly hugged her friends goodbye and took off for the office, stopping by the kitchen on her way.

She wasn't surprised to find the welcoming committee waiting for her.

--

Jubilee spotted the green SUV she'd been waiting for rumbling down the driveway. She'd seen Rogue dart off in the direction of the Professor's office, and figured someone had better give Logan a heads up when he arrived, so he didn’t worry. The vehicle rolled to a stop in front of her moments later.

Logan rolled the window down but didn't say anything, just glanced at her with an eyebrow cocked questioningly. Everyone in the school knew that Logan had been forbidden from speaking to any of them, Rogue had made no secret of that, or the reason why, most of the student body shared her scorn at that decision. Jubilee personally liked Logan, and liked even more how devoted he was to Rogue, sure no one expected him to make a move on her so soon but anyone with two eyes and a handful of brain cells to rub together could have seen they were meant for each other.

"Rogue got called to the Professor's office but she shouldn't be long, thought you'd like to know so you don't sit here worrying about her," Jubilee informed him with a grin.

Logan looked simultaneously relieved and worried, and looked like he was seriously considering flouting 'the rules' and speaking to her. Quickly Jubilee racked her brains to try and figure out what Logan might want to say or ask, to save him the trouble; she didn't want to be the reason he or Rogue got in trouble.

"She had a pretty good day, she had a good cry after you left, about leaving Sophia behind, but Ms Munroe helped calm her down, she was okay for the rest of the day, she really enjoyed the photos you sent, and after talking to you at lunch time she had the biggest smile on her face for about an hour, then we had calculus-" Logan chuckled at that- "She's not in trouble or anything, with the Professor, I think he just wanted to check up on her, make sure she didn't need anything," Jubilee stood and glanced up at Logan, she should go before someone came out and caught her talking to him, she didn't know if that would get him in trouble.

"I'll see you around," she smiled at him, catching the nod and grateful look he shot her way, the man could say everything he needed to with a single look, it was almost scary. Smiling to herself at a job well done she headed inside, intent on blobbing in front of the TV for a while before Ms Munroe chased her off to do homework.

--

"Hi Professor, is everything okay?" Rogue asked, as she shut the office door behind her. The smile on his face indicated she wasn't in trouble, at least she hoped it did.

"I do hope so," the Professor replied jovially. "How have you been, and how was your first day back?" he asked.

"I've been good," she answered with a smile, "Summer was fantastic, lots of changes, a lot of adjusting, lots of sleepless nights, though Logan's taken most of those. Today was hard, not going to lie, I'm looking forward to going home," Rogue added, with a wobbly smile.

"And how is your daughter?" Xavier asked, smiling softly at her.

"Sophia's growing like a weed, almost out of her new-born clothes already, eats a ton, and I seriously didn't believe babies could poop so much, but she's great," she filled them in, she hadn't officially shared baby's arrival with the staff, except for Ororo, she assumed the info had been passed on.

"Such a pretty name, who picked it?" Jean asked, sickly sweet with a fake smile on her face.

"I suggested Sophia, Logan picked Elizabeth, which is her middle name," Rogue answered, trying for polite, though she felt like she got a barely passable tolerant.

"That's not the kind of name I would have expected Logan to suggest," Jean replied with a chuckle.

"Let me guess you'd have expected a Brandi or a Candi, or some other quintessentially stripper name?" Rogue asked sarcastically. "Elizabeth is familiar to him, it triggered a memory that wasn't there, kind of hard to explain that one, he assumed it was a female relative's name, probably his mother, so... he felt like that was a way to recognize the past he can't remember. Anyway, speaking of baby, Logan is probably waiting for me, I should go, if there's nothing else?"

"Of course," Xavier replied, "Let us know if you need anything, we will see you tomorrow, perhaps you could bring young Sophia for a meet and greet one day?"

Rogue smiled tightly, that wouldn't be happening, not while she was here alone. She wasn't leaving Logan hanging around outside while she went to show his child off, he would be there too for that, or it wouldn't happen. The look that crossed Xavier's face told her he got that thought loud and clear. "Sure, maybe one day," she answered verbally, softening her smile and putting the proverbial ball back in his court, before she waved goodbye to everyone and headed out of the room.

She noticed she didn't leave the room alone, Scott followed along behind her. "Hey Rogue?" he called out, continuing when she stopped to face him. "If you need any help with studying, or more study time or anything, let me know, even if you just need some time to hang out off baby duty we can help you out, make sure you keep on top of everything..." he faded off at the unamused look Rogue was shooting at him.

"I know you don't think very highly of Logan but let me make this very clear, I am only here because he has insisted that I finish high school, he will make sure I get plenty of time to study, plenty of sleep, plenty to eat, and any help I need, you continually trying to undermine our relationship by insinuating that he doesn't care for my future, and for my needs, does not help anything, it doesn't help my education, and it doesn't help my state of mind at being here, separated from my child, if you want to help me, be supportive of me, not just of what you want from me. We clear?" Rogue replied confidently.

Scott smothered a grin before responding, "I understand, my offer is still open, if you need anything, let me know, if you want extra homework let me know too," he added, before wishing her goodbye and letting her hurry off toward the front entrance.

--

"Oh sorry!" Rogue said, sliding to a stop after bumping into someone as she rushed around a corner, not watching where she was going. She didn't bother to look to see who it was, she didn't want to see the look of fear on the face of whoever just realised they almost died from coming in contact with the human leech.

"Hey, hey ma belle, what's your hurry? No harm done, maybe we could bump into each other more often, oui?" the guy she had bumped into replied, grabbing hold of her arm.

Rogue jumped, twisting her arm out of his grip and knocking his arm away in a move Logan had taught her a long time ago, as she spun around to face him. She'd never seen this guy before, he must be new. He'd be thanking his lucky stars later to have escaped with his life, once the rest of the students filled him in on who she is, for now, she'd be polite. "I'm late, I have to go, maybe I'll see you tomorrow, sorry again, bye." She skipped out of his reach, and continued on her way quickly.

When she stepped out the front door, she was annoyed to note the guy was following her, thankfully Logan was already there waiting. Without a seconds pause she jumped into the truck, leaning over to give Logan a quick kiss before she pulled on her seatbelt. As Logan rolled down the driveway, Marie turned around to say hello to Sophia. She was disappointed to find she was fast asleep.

"See, I told you she'd be fine," Logan grinned over at her, as she turned back to face the front of the truck with a pout.

"She could at least pretend to be excited to see me," Marie exaggeratedly lamented.

"She'll be happy to see you in about twenty minutes, when she wants more food," Logan replied, with a chuckle.

--

"Don't even think about it 'Gambit'." A voice said from behind him, as he stood on the driveway watching the SUV drive away with that hot little number he'd been hoping to get more familiar with. Not that this place wasn't crawling with eligible, and mostly interested, female residents, but there was something about the girl with the two-tone hair that attracted him, a ferocity and spark he hadn't felt before but was enticing.

"Think what Miss Lee?" he queried teasingly.

"Stay away from Rogue, she's not interested in what you have to offer," Jubilee answered, turning on her heel and walking away.

"But I have so much to offer, I'd be happy to give you a private demonstration if you'd like," he winked suggestively, as he fell into step beside her.

"Ugh, no thank you, my standards might not be as high as Rogue's but they're higher than you," she replied disgustedly, before she left him standing alone in the hall.

Time to get to know his next conquest, at least now he had a name.