They headed upstairs hand in hand to the teachers’ wing. Logan's room stood ready and empty as always, right next door was Marie's room. Her room was slightly larger, and the bathroom had a tub, while his own only had a shower. The sizeable walk in closet had been refitted as a small nursery, big enough to fit a crib and a change table in with room to move between them.

"You keep our kid in the closet?" Logan queried, amused.

Marie giggled. "Yeah, I can close the door when he's napping so he doesn't get woken up by me moving around out here, the Professor's already talked about moving us to a small apartment so he can have his own room once he's bigger but for now this works."

Taking in more of the room he noted the little 'Marie' things around the room despite the sparse decoration. "So, am I st--" he began.

"Yes, you’re staying, please?" Marie interrupted before he could finish.

"Good, where can I chuck this?" he asked, nudging his pack off his shoulder, trying not to disturb the baby napping against the other one.

Silently moving it to the dresser Marie gestured to the piece of furniture. "That's your side, there should be space in the closet too if you need it."

"I get the distinct impression you've been planning for this," Logan chuckled, the movement finally stirring the infant in his arms.

"Yeah, kinda," Marie replied, watching as Logan and Jesse interacted. The little boy would want feeding soon but for now he was happy, alternating between yawning and grinning at his dad, as he poked dribble soaked fingers at his face. Soon enough he began to grizzle and suck on his hands in earnest, as he began looking around for Marie.

"You want momma back hey? Are you hungry little man? I have to say you have good taste, mommy's tits are the best," Logan commented, chuckling when Marie blushed with a mock shocked gasp.

Once Jesse was fed, Marie showed Logan how to burp him - and that's how he got puked on the first time. After that Logan announced it was time for them to eat, acquiescing to Marie's request to finally be allowed to eat in the dining room with everyone else.

"Just stay where I can see you, and not too close to the windows," Logan added, as they approached the room in question.

"Doesn't look like that will be a problem," Marie replied, as they entered the room. It was packed unusually full – and all eyes turned to Logan as he entered, his reputation still preceded him it seemed – only a handful of seats were spare around the room. "You've got baby so you go sit down, I'll bring food," Marie said, darting off before Logan could reply.

With an amused smirk Logan made his way to the spare seats at the staff table, it was marginally quieter in that area and would allow him an unimpeded view of the entire room. He took a seat, sitting Jesse on the table in front of him and handed him a napkin ring to gum, it was surprisingly effective at keeping him occupied. It wasn't until Marie came over, grinning broadly with two packed plates of food, setting one down in front of Logan, once he'd moved the small child, that they both noticed the rest of the table was unusually quiet.

Noting Logan's quizzical gaze over the rest of the table's occupants, Ororo decided to 'break the ice' and start conversation. "So, Logan, the Professor managed to convince you to stay?" she asked.

"Not exactly," Logan replied, "I came back for Marie but it seems like it might be beneficial for us to lay low for a while, Chuck was good enough to offer us a place."

"Came back for Marie?" Jean queried in confusion.

"Mmhmm, went back to Alaska but she was already gone, left me a note telling me she was here. Thanks for helping her out with Sabretooth by the way," he added, he wasn't usually one to give thanks but this situation really did deserve it.

"How did you know Marie was in Alaska?" Scott asked, still obviously not having quite caught on. Though Marie had to admit, Logan was taking a rather convoluted way to get to the explanation of their relationship status.

"That's where I left her. Of course, if I'd known Magneto knew about her, I wouldn't have left her alone but the joys of hindsight, eh," Logan chuckled, as he made a defensive manoeuvre with his fork to avoid the reaching hand of the infant on his knee. The little boys’ eyes welled with tears as he watched the fork reappear out of Logan's mouth, now empty of food, and he started to cry. "Stop your whinging kid, you don't have teeth, you can't eat this food, that's why you get the tit juice, literally the only time in your life that's socially acceptable, enjoy it while it lasts," Logan commented to the little boy, who did indeed stop crying, though he still pouted adorably.

"Logan, please, it's 'breast milk', not - not that other term," Jean responded, blushing almost as brightly as Marie who sat beside him, equal parts mortified as amused.

"Prude," Logan muttered playfully, as he continued to eat.

"Crass language aside, what do you mean you left Marie in Alaska? You- you two have already met?" Scott asked for clarification, as Charles sat silently at the end of the table waiting eagerly for Logan to finally clue the rest of the staff in. Sometimes the drama of the school far exceeded anything one could find on television and in movies.

Logan and Marie shared an amused grin before Logan responded, "We met over a year ago, picked her up off the side of the road as she was hitchhiking to Alaska, we stuck together, I took her to Anchorage, set her up with a place to stay and a job, kinda got cold feet about the situation and bailed for a bit but I promised to come back, of course, if I'd realised I'd knocked her up already I would have... well, I'd have probably stayed..." He frowned as he thought over the 'what ifs' of that scenario. "As much as I hate to say it, it's probably a good thing I didn't know, I needed that time to get my head on straight, don't get me wrong I regret missing things but I would have felt trapped if I'd ended up stuck without time to sort everything out in my head, I'm sorry Marie," Logan offered her a regretful apology.

Marie smiled at him acceptingly. "It's okay, not a problem, I knew the score, I'm glad things have turned out the way they have, you're happy, I'm happy, he's happy, it's better than the alternative, so you missed me being fat and his initial learning to sleep phase, no big deal."

Through this exchange those at the rest of the table had sat, mouths agape in shock at Logan's casual admission he was the mystery father of the child perched on his knee.

"You- you're Jesse's father?" Scott eventually asked, seeking clarification of the fact his brain was trying to accept.

"That is correct," Logan replied.

"He's Jesse's father?" Jean asked Marie directly, still somewhat in disbelief.

"Logan is Jesse's father," Marie also confirmed.

"You're sure?" Jean asked again, still sceptical.

"One hundred percent positive," Marie answered, with an amused smile.

"Well, why didn't you tell us!?" Jean asked next.

"I didn't know you guys knew him, I didn't even know Logan was a mutant, speaking of which, you haven’t even told me what your mutation is yet, and he told me he'd come back so I didn't want to rush him, he had to decide to come back, and to stay, for himself," Marie replied.

Ororo just smiled to herself, a decidedly mature response from the girl sitting across from her. She was a good match for Logan now that she considered the possibility, and Logan definitely looked a natural parent interacting with the pair's child. Little Jesse was fussing on his knee again, rubbing his eyes tiredly as he yawned, food now forgotten. She watched in awe as, without a word, Logan reclined a bit in his seat, turned the little boy around so he was resting against his chest, and gently patted his back as the child quickly sank into sleep.

"I'm glad you're home Logan," was Ororo's response as she smiled at the pair. "And not just for your sake, I guess Charles was right, you're the perfect man for the job of keeping an eye on Marie until we can sort out Magneto." Her comments redirected the attention of all at the table, reminding them all there were far more important matters at hand than just relationship status.

The rest of the meal passed comfortably, nothing more was said about Logan and Marie's relationship, though Logan could tell some were still digesting that information. Towards the end of the meal a shout went up from a group of students at another table, rousing Jesse, who began to cry at the shock awakening. Rocking him back to sleep Logan suggested to Marie they should head back up so the boy could sleep in his own bed undisturbed, she agreed, and the pair excused themselves.

--

As Logan stood over the crib watching his son sleep later that night, he couldn't help the feeling of primal, smug, satisfaction that settled over him. He'd done that, made that baby, his son, grown in the belly of his girl, who was wrapping her arms around him now to join him watching their baby sleep.

"You did a damn good job darlin, he's perfect, just needs one thing," Logan added, a suggestive smile settling on his face.

"What?" Marie asked, with wary amusement.

"A little sister," Logan growled in her ear, as he turned to wrap his arms around her in return, pressing her tightly up again him.

"Yeah, you think? Well, maybe in a couple of years then," Marie replied.

"A couple of years!?" Logan groused.

"Making babies isn’t easy mister, not my part at least, there's morning sickness, fatigue, and getting fat, not being comfortable in any position, plus all the nutrients it strips out of my body to put into baby... mostly though, I just want to spoil this little guy for a while before the next one comes along. Also, I'm not ovulating again yet anyway so I can't get pregnant for now," Marie filled him in.

Logan grinned ferally. "So... you're not going to object then if I screw you silly?"

"So long as you don't wake the baby, I don't have a problem with that plan," Marie replied with a smile in response, it had been far too long since they had been together last.

"Oh darlin, it isn’t going to be me waking the baby," Logan commented with a chuckle, as he pulled away after kissing her soundly. Pulling her out of the closet nursery, he shut the door behind them, double checking the bedroom door was locked before he pulled Marie back to him, beginning to undress her as their lips locked hungrily again. When he finally got to the point of sinking into her, they both moaned loudly.

"Fuck, it's good to be home," he murmured, as he moved in her.

Hours later when they both lay exhausted and sated, on the verge of sleep Marie's soft voice filtered through his satisfied haze.

"Hey Logan?" He grunted in response, to let her know he was listening. "You said before, it's good to be home... did you mean this place, or me?" she asked uncertainly.

"Home is where the heart is darlin, and you've got my heart, you're my home," Logan replied softly, kissing the top of her head where it lay, resting on his shoulder.

"I love you Logan," Marie said, he could feel her smiling against his skin.

"I know," Logan replied with a smug, satisfied grin. He looked down quizzically a moment later when he felt Marie sit up.

"And?" she asked pointedly, cocking a brow at him even as she tried to stifle her own grin.

"And I love you too, more than I ever thought possible. Now go to sleep, so I can wake you up to have my way with you again," Logan demanded with a grin, kissing her before tucking her comfortably in against him again.