When Xavier had called him back, the last thing he had expected to find was the school a veritable ghost town. Legacy had reached them, Xavier explained, they hadn't lost any students yet, though many were sick, they thought they might have a way to cure it. That was all the warning he had before he felt a stab of pain through his head and he lost consciousness.

When he had come to, in a loose sense of the word, he had been laid out on a bed in the med lab. He could hear medical equipment beeping annoyingly, could hear doctors pottering around as they worked. He could feel various needles, tubes, and wires, crisscrossing and entering his body. He could smell the sickness from the kids, probably in quarantine rooms down the hall, and he could feel the fever chills running through his own body. Try as he might though, he couldn't move, couldn't speak, and couldn't open his eyes.

As he put the pieces together he felt his fury grow. Xavier's great plan to cure the kids, it was to use him. They must be trying to use his healing to create some sort of antibody that they could give to the others. He already knew he was unaffected by the virus, so the plan was not without merit but the fucker hadn't even asked. After everything he knew about what he'd already been through, and this was the assholes chosen course of action!

He had scented the girl the minute they had brought her into the room, she smelled primarily of death, blood, and sickness. He had seen enough of that lately that he was glad he didn't have to see it again, not on someone who also smelled so deliciously pure and innocent. He had listened as the girl tried to speak, wanting to know what was happening, he heard Jean reassuring her that everything would be fine, he figured even the girl could pick up on the desperation in Jean's voice; even she didn't know if what they were going to do would work.

This girl might be the first in what was sure to be a wave of death, and he found himself hoping against hope the blood they were taking from him, and giving to her, would do whatever it was they were hoping it would.

He listened closely and waited to see; he would know before the doctors whether it was working. The girl’s heartbeat evened out as she lost consciousness, it was weak and thready, but steady. Over the next hour there was no change, then the scent of death began to dissipate, the scent of blood was old news now, none was fresh, the scent of feverish sickness faded away, and very slowly her heartbeat got stronger. He heard Hank telling Jean that he thought it was working a half hour later. An hour after that, they disconnected the blood lines they had had feeding between the two patients.

They didn't move the girl out of the room, which he was glad for, he'd gotten a little attached to her company. He also wanted to know the minute she woke up, so he would know for sure she was okay. He scented her panic, a moment before she called out for someone, when she woke.

Once she was finally awake, he was finally able to relax and eventually sleep. He was 'woken' to a heated argument between Jean, Xavier, and the girl, whose name was apparently Rogue. He found himself agreeing wholeheartedly with the girl, who was angry that they were keeping him unconscious, and using him as an antibody factory; she was clearly not buying the explanation that he was a willing participant. When Jean came up with the suggestion for the girl to be his nurse, he knew she meant it as a punishment for the girl; he'd always known Jean had a bitchy streak but that was low even for her.

It wasn't until the next day that he decided, though it was meant as a punishment, this was going to be a lot more pleasant than Jean had intended, for him at least. The first time, he tried to distance himself from the feel of her hands, working quickly around his groin, when she made it obvious she was uncomfortable.

The next time however, though she again verbally protested, he just couldn't help his bodies reaction to her proximity. The first time he felt her hand close around his shaft, his brain tried desperately to tell his body to behave. As her hand tentatively stroked him however, he gave up the pretence, if she was going to do it, he was going to enjoy it; she was enjoying it too despite her protests.

The next day he couldn't wait for her to give him his sponge bath, hell, it was almost worth all the shit Xavier put him through just for this. He began to get hard as he listened to her gathering what she needed, by the time she got to his dick he was fully erect. She didn't bother with the pretence of complaint this time, simply grabbed him tight and stroked him firmly, almost perfectly. He wished he could work with her, she tapered off just before her hand got to where he really wanted her to grip and her movements were a little too languid. It wasn't until he unloaded all over himself that he realised he had been able to move, toward the end, bucking his hips up against her hand, he even managed to make a sound when she spoke to him while she was cleaning him off.

This needed more thought; he may be able to get out of his current predicament if he could exploit this loophole.

When Jean came in a few minutes later he groaned internally, she was going to inject him again, which meant another few hours feeling like shit while the virus worked its way through his system again. He was mildly concerned when Jean insisted they needed another blood sample from the girl, why the sudden interest in her again? They hadn't taken a sample from her in days.

He was 'woken' from a fevered doze about an hour later, it took a moment for him to realise what woke him. The soft feminine gasp, accompanied by the strong scent of arousal, from across the room clued him in quickly. The girl must definitely be enjoying herself, he felt himself getting hard again, despite his fever as he listened in on her getting herself off. God, he wished he could move right now, she smelled fantastic and he knew she would taste just as good.

He heard the low growl he was making; he shouldn't be able to do that. Underneath that all he could also hear the muted sound of the heart monitor he was connected to; his heart rate was elevated... The tranquilizer must be drip fed at a steady rate, if he could increase his heart rate for long enough, his healing factor should be able to flush the tranq's enough for him to remove the source.

Overnight he practiced various meditation techniques trying to speed up his heart rate, though that was the opposite to most meditation it was based on the same principles, just reversed. He managed to move his hand but just couldn't quite do it, he would need some more stimulation to give him the boost he needed.

The next afternoon as he listened to Rogue getting ready to bathe him he began to mentally psyche himself up. The minute he heard the door lock slide home he felt the rush of blood head south. She'd jerked him off twice in two days but hadn't locked the door, just what was she planning today.

When she finally got to his cock he was painfully hard, she'd been teasing him throughout the process, resting her gloved hands here, stroking there. He reminded himself he couldn't cum, he couldn't, he needed the arousal to boost his heart rate. He just about threw that plan out the door when he felt her hot little hand gently squeeze his balls. His heart rate jumped, enough to cause the machine to his right to start beeping warningly, he was worried the girl was going to stop, and she did, walking over to the monitor and switching it off. He desperately tried to move his hand while she was doing that, he needed to get the IV out.

She was back a moment later, one hand returning to fondle his balls, while the other stroked his abdomen. Goddamn she was good, he was torn between blowing his load and getting the IV out, when he felt her finger slide up his shaft and circle around the head of his dick right before she gripped him tightly... Fuck it, he was just going to die right here, he decided as she began to pump him slowly and firmly.

A minute later he jerked sharply when he felt her tongue gently lap at his head. His heart was thundering now, if he was going to get out now was it. As her mouth closed around him, sucking gently, he forced his left hand up and over his body, grabbing for where he could feel the IV entering his arm. He scrabbled at the line before grabbing it and yanking the whole thing out of his arm. The unexpected movement from him caused the girl to stop her ministrations, her mouth pulling away from his cock with a soft pop.

"Don’t stop!" he growled, as his limbs collapsed heavily. He could feel the burn of his healing factor washing through him as it began to work faster, now that it wasn't hampered by the tranquilizers.

The girl just shrugged and went back to what she was doing, her mouth closing around him again as one hand continued to pump his shaft, her other hand gently squeezing his balls. As soon as he had his strength back enough, he moved a hand to her head, gripping her hair as he changed her angle slightly before he bucked into her mouth and finally exploded.

"Holy fuck darlin, that was incredible," he panted, as he tried to catch his breath. The girl caught his eye as she blushed brightly, suddenly shy. "Oh, now you're shy, well, we can't have that," he said with a chuckle, pulling himself to sit upright.

"But- but you're supposed to be sedated..." Rogue said, suddenly uncertain.

"Darlin you didn't believe that shit when it came out of Jean's mouth, and good for you, I'm gonna rip Xavier a new one when I get my hands on him, for now though, I got my hands on you, and what am I going to do with this little tease?" he asked, as he caught her wrist and tugged her towards him. She slid into place between his legs, against his solid chest, with a squeak. Dipping his head to meet her lips with his, he was interrupted when she suddenly blurted 'Stop!' as a bolt of genuine fear shot through her scent.

He pulled back immediately. "It's okay, if you don't want to just say, I'm not going to force you," he said reassuringly, loosening his grip on her so she could move away if she wanted to.

"It- it's not that," she stammered, as her eyes flooded with tears, "It's my stupid skin, sorry, you can't touch my skin."

"Why not?" he asked curiously, what he could see of her skin looked perfect for touching, though now that he looked closer, he could see she was completely covered from neck to toes.

"It's my mutation, I absorb 'life force', like energy and stuff, through my skin, touch me and I can kill you," she replied, trying to sound tough and sassy over the pain in her voice. A mutation like that must be incredibly isolating.

"That's okay, I can work with that ... how were you blowing me if you can't touch skin?" he asked curiously.

She blushed again and produced a piece of sheer fabric, he reached up and took it from her hands, it felt like silk, even covered in cum.

"Got another one?" he queried, with a sexily cocked eyebrow.

The girl looked confused for a moment before she slipped out of his arms and headed for her bed in the corner, fishing around in a small backpack she turned around with another silk scarf in her hand, only to meet a wall of muscled chest. She was distracted by her surprise at how he moved so quietly, when he slipped the scarf out of her hand unnoticed. His lips were on hers a moment later, separated by the sheer fabric now between them.

She was so lost in the sensation of his lips on hers that she didn't even notice her change in orientation until her back touched the mattress behind her. Her eyes flew open meeting his as he pulled back slightly.

"You okay?" he queried, where he was supporting his weight above her.

She wanted to say yes, she wanted to tell him to keep going, but she was scared, scared of hurting him.

He saw the uncertainty in her eyes, and pulled away further. "Well, at least let me return the favour?" he questioned, as his fingers ran down the front of her leggings, rubbing firmly against her clit through her panties. She moaned at the sudden sensation, clapping her hand over her mouth as she blushed, even as she felt her arousal grow.

"Don’t worry about making noise darlin, it's great for my ego," he said with a chuckle, as he pressed against her again. She whimpered this time, as her teeth worrying her lower lip and her eyes fell closed again.

He quickly ran over his options for tasting her, she hadn't objected to his suggestion, so he was just going to keep going until she did, if she did. He had a feeling that if he tried to remove her pants she was going to object, so instead he took advantage of her distracted state and slid out a single claw, splitting open the crotch seam of her leggings. The material was so stretchy they gapped open, exposing her to his view, her panties were an obstruction, but he dealt with them quickly. He had the sheer scarf settled over the new opening in her pants before she even realised her panties were gone.

"Oh god!" she exclaimed, when his tongue ran lightly over her clit. Before long she was bucking and grinding against his face as he sucked and nipped at her sex. He didn't have gloves but that didn't stop him from bunching up a handful of the scarf and shallowly penetrating her pussy. She came with a shout as she ground herself into his face as her left hand clutched at his hair; her right hand was clamped over her gorgeous mouth.

"Think I still owe you for that ego boost," he commented smugly, once she finally recovered enough to open her eyes. Before she could respond someone tried to open the door, thank god she'd locked it earlier. The girl’s eyes got comically wide as she blushed again and tried to clamp her legs shut, not that it did anything to hide the missing crotch of her pants.

"Tell them to give you a minute, and change your pants," he whispered to her, noting her frozen stance, as the person outside called out and asked why the door was locked.

She cleared her throat and called out as he instructed, he got a fantastic view of her naked ass as she pulled on new pants, while he folded and wrapped the sheet he had been covered in around his waist; there were no clothes for him that he could see. He was sitting on the bed waiting by the time she was done, and she raced for the door to unlock it.

Both doctors and Xavier were outside the door. "Ah, just the crowd I wanted to see," he growled menacingly, before anyone else could speak.

"Rogue, what did you do?" Jean immediately demanded.

"I didn't do anything," the girl assured them, surprisingly convincingly. "He just woke up all of a sudden and ripped out the IV and the next thing I knew he was up," she said, sounding suitably confused.

"Are you alright Rogue?" Hank asked her concerned.

"I- I- he-" she shrugged, giving up trying to speak and just pointed at the stomach tube and catheter that he had ripped out earlier, and left lying on the floor beside the steadily dripping IV needle.

"Wolverine you could surely have avoided traumatizing the poor girl," Hank tsked disapprovingly.

"And you could have avoided sedating me and using me for whatever experiments you're cooking up without my consent," Wolverine shot back darkly.

"I'm sorry Wolverine, we couldn't risk you refusing..." Xavier began.

"You could have at least asked before trying to melt my brain and holding me prisoner," Wolverine replied pointedly, "Did you really think if you said, 'hey, we want to see if we can use your mutation to cure the kids', that I would have said no? Really!? I mean I know I'm an asshole but how long have I been working for you? How many of these kids are here because I found them and sent them here?" Wolverine growled, his voice was dangerously calm, as his eyes flashed angrily.

Rogue couldn't help the feeling that there was something she was missing here, something that went deeper than just the immediate situation.

"... I've been working for you for ten years, you know my story, and the only person who had a problem with what you were doing was this chick who doesn't know me from a bar of soap. And you wouldn't listen to her," he stated.

"What- how do you know that?" Jean asked confused.

"... Wait," Rogue interrupted, "What do you mean 'know your story'?"

Wolverine turned to the other occupants of the room. Hank looked shocked, if he had to guess he would say Hank didn't know he hadn't agreed to what they were doing, the guy might be a genius but he could be a little clueless sometimes. The other two just looked guilty, and he was going to rub it in.

"Tell her," he prodded, "Tell her how I was held captive and experimented on by government, military, whoever the hell it was. Tell her about how they fucked with my body. Tell her how they fucked with my head. Tell her how you just did the exact. same. thing."

Rogue was frozen in shock and horror as what he was saying sank in. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, "I'm so sorry I didn't say more," she said, as she threw her arms around him, careful to avoid touching her face to his bare skin.

He hugged her back carefully, "It's alright, you didn't know, you did more than most people would have, and you took care of me," he added, with a cheeky wink that no one else could see but her.

"Now, what did you actually come here for?" he addressed back to the intruders.

"We actually came to speak with Rogue," Hank advised, once he had shaken himself out of his shocked stupor. "Rogue's bloodwork has returned an anomaly that we have been trying figure out..."

"Is it the virus?" Rogue asked worried.

"No, no, not to worry, it's not the virus, the virus is completely gone from your system, however, we believe the anomaly may have been caused by how we cured the virus in you," he advised. "You're aware we gave you a blood transfusion from Wolverine, we did this for two reasons, the first being you two are the only AB-negative individuals at the school, the second reason being Logan's blood contained white blood cells with virus antibodies. An unintended side effect has occurred from the transfer. As you know your DNA can temporarily replicate another mutants’ powers through skin to skin contact, it seems however that by injecting you with Wolverine's DNA, your mutation, or perhaps a combination of both of your mutations, has coded his mutation directly into your cells. If our theory is correct you may now be able to permanently heal. Have you noticed any changes to your body, your senses, your surroundings?" Hank queried animatedly.

Rogue was quiet, and a little pale. "You mean, I'm changing?" she asked.

Wolverine scented her shock and caught her as her legs gave out underneath her. Picking her up he turned around, and sat her on the bed behind him. "Hey, you still with us?" he asked her gently, as she turned to look at him.

She shook her head, as if to clear it, before she nodded. "Yeah, I'm good, just... I didn't think that was possible, or safe... doesn't that mean my mutation is unstable?"

"Not at all!" Hank exclaimed excitedly, a big grin on his face. "I told you your mutation was fascinating, your mutation is the pinnacle of evolution Rogue, survival of the fittest, if your mutation can permanently absorb useful mutations, mutations that ensure your survival, you could well become the most powerful mutant in existence!"

Wolverine scowled darkly, that wasn't good, power like that could be exploited, and likely would be if anyone found out about it. If they were right, it could put the girl in a lot of danger.

"So, I have Wolverine's powers? And it's permanent?" Rogue clarified.

"We would need to test it," Jean replied, "That's what we were coming to do..."

"That's what you were coming to ask her. if she consented. to doing," Wolverine interrupted, noting Jean's fearful look as she nodded and murmured 'of course'.

"How would you test that?" Rogue asked, directing the question to Wolverine, if anyone knew how best to test his mutation it would surely be him.

"Well, the senses are fairly simple, have you been hearing things better, seeing things better?" he asked, at her nod he continued, "The healing is a little harder to test, you need to injure yourself in some way, start with a little scalpel knick, or something," he said, noting Rogue shuddered at the idea of intentionally injuring herself, if they were right and she did heal now she would likely fast lose that aversion. "Do you want to test it and see if they're right?" he asked her.

She thought for a moment before she sighed. "I suppose it would be helpful to know," she admitted, though she still looked apprehensive.

"Do you want me to do it?" he asked her gently. She smiled gratefully in response and nodded, the fact that she trusted him, a veritable stranger, over those around her, who she had lived with for some time, showed just how hard the news of their betrayal had hit her.

He accepted a sterilised scalpel from Hank, as he considered where would be the best place to test, if she didn't heal it would need to be somewhere easy to 'fix'. Gently taking hold of her gloved left hand, he eased the sleeve of her top up from her wrist to her elbow, a small split on the top of her arm would be easy to stitch or bandage if it didn't heal. She had caught on to where he was aiming for, and had her eyes fixed to her arm as he moved the scalpel into place.

"Rogue, Rogue look at me," he said gently.

She looked up at him and smiled shyly. "Marie," she replied.

"Marie? That's a pretty name," he commented, as he swiped the scalpel across her arm while she was distracted.

She flinched and immediately looked back to her arm. "Uh ... did you miss?" she asked uncertainly.

"I never miss darlin, congratulations, you're a healer," he confirmed, as he regarded her flawless skin. "Want to see it in action?" he asked. She hesitated before nodding with a grin, quickly he slashed the scalpel across her arm again, the angry red gash sealing shut almost as soon as the blade had passed through. "That's a pretty impressive healing rate too," he added, "Though I guess that makes sense if you've got my healing." Handing the scalpel back to the doctor he left Rogue to inspect the former injury site.

"So, what does this mean, other than I heal now, and I won't get the virus again?" Rogue asked, after a couple of minutes.

"Well, if the bloodwork is correct, we might be able to create a more effective cure for the virus from you than from Wolverine," Jean answered.

"No," Wolverine said, "You can't do that to her, you have no idea what reinfecting her with the virus will do to her. What if it undoes whatever's happened?" he directed at Rogue, "What if I can't fix you a second time?"

"We already did reinfect her," Jean replied, "She fought the virus off just as effectively as you do but her resistant white blood cells live and continue to produce antibodies longer, probably because her cells are more adaptable..."

"You fucking doctors just can't help yourselves!" Wolverine fumed, "Fuck informed consent, am I right."

It was Rogue's turn to be mad now, Wolverine was right, what if the healing wasn't permanent, what if giving her the virus again had made it crash or made her even sicker. At least that explained the nausea a couple of days before, she'd thought it had been caused by the too bright lights but perhaps a better explanation for both of those was a fever.

"How much longer do you need to cook up your cure?" Wolverine asked suddenly.

"We're not completely certain but it does appear we are close, another couple of weeks perhaps," Hank replied carefully.

"Right, I'll stay as long as you need my help with that, after that, I'm gone, don't contact me again, I never want to hear from any of you. Is my room still open?"

"Yes, it is, but you're carrying the virus we can't let you..." Jean tried to say he couldn't leave but he wasn't having any of that.

"My room’s on a separate floor to the rest of the residents, I’m not staying down here longer than necessary, mainly because I don’t want to be anywhere near you, Rogue and I will be up on the guest floor if you need us. Assuming she agrees to help with your mad science." Wolverine said, leaving no room for argument as he gathered up Rogue's stuff. She was off the bed, and following him out of the room, before he even asked if she was coming.