When he hit the ground floor, on his way to the Professor's office, he was joined by Jean as she stepped out of the elevator. She enquired after Caleb and Logan gave her, and Sarah, who joined them from the kitchen when she heard the inquiry, a rundown on his condition; along with instructions for Sarah to make sure she woke him to eat again sometime between six and eight, informing them that he should be good to go by the next morning if he got enough sleep.

They were all called into the office before they'd reached the door. Kitty, and the Professor were reviewing the CCTV footage, though no one else in the room could see what was on the screen. Charles advised that Scott and Ororo would be joining them momentarily. "I'm aware you would like to get this dealt with sooner rather than later Logan, and given the severity of the injuries inflicted on Caleb I would tend to agree that would be the best course of action," Charles said, worry evident in his tone. Such a misuse of powers, on school grounds, was not something that he could tolerate.

Scott and Ororo entered the room in short order, both looking perturbed as they took seats around the room.

"Well, who's account shall we start with?" Charles asked, glancing around the room.

Jean spoke first. "Andy's story is he doesn't remember what happened, just that they were arguing over a girl and then he woke up in the med lab, he does have a serious concussion so it is possible it knocked out his short term memory of the event, from the clip Kitty showed me his concussion was likely caused by the angle he hit the wall, I'm confident his injury wasn't intentional, it was Caleb that shoved him away but it honestly looked like all he was trying to do was just get the other kids away from him."

Charles nodded thoughtfully. "Have the other boys said anything?" he asked Scott.

"Yeah," he replied, shooting a look at Ororo. "We put them in separate dorms when we took them upstairs, so they couldn't plan a story but ... we got an almost identical story from each of them, initially, their story was they confronted Caleb because he was being inappropriate with some of the younger girls, that he was seen last night going into the girls dorm and not coming out for several hours. Patrick was apparently incensed because his girlfriend, Cassidy, is in that dorm," Scott started.

"But," Ororo continued, "We spoke to three of the four girls in that room, and they all denied Caleb had been in there, the fourth girl in that room is Flora we didn't get a chance to speak to her, but from what the boys said, Johnny was the only person to 'see' Caleb go in, and come out. We haven't had a chance to look at the hall cameras but when we told them we had spoken to the girls, both Patrick and Marcus eventually admitted that, given the circumstances they would have to side with the girls over Johnny."

Scott cut back in. "Apparently Johnny had been talking shit about Caleb as soon as he found out Logan had brought him here, and he had been talking shit about Logan too for even longer - none of the boys would admit to whatever had upset him about Logan, but they did say that he was convinced Caleb was going to 'steal their girlfriends', they didn't believe him until Marcus asked Flora out and she turned him down flat, and then Johnny told them about the alleged dorm incident, before convincing them they needed to 'scare Caleb off before he took all the good girls'."

Noting Logan's dark, brooding look Charles turned to him. "I take it some of that is backed up by whatever Caleb told you?"

"Caleb said Johnny was talking shit about girls," Logan said, "He apparently hypothesized that Caleb probably thought he could help himself to any of the girls and no one would stand up to him because of me. Caleb said he tried telling him he was being an idiot, and then just ignoring him but he wouldn't stop, eventually admitting he had a crush on Rogue but she turned him down which was somehow my fault.

"He tried to goad Caleb by telling him that one of the other boys who had a crush on Rogue got over it by sleeping with another girl and said he might try that and hinted he would sleep with Flora; apparently Johnny had caught on to the fact the two of them are sweet on each other. When Caleb still wouldn't let himself be pulled into a fight Johnny threw his drink at him, and when Caleb tried to be the bigger man and just hand the cup back, Johnny took a swing at him, then the other three jumped him. He seemed confident the CCTV would back him up," Logan finished.

Kitty and the Professor shared a look before Kitty turned the monitor she was sitting behind and hit play. The occupants of the room saw a times two replay of the cafeteria incident which began with kids obviously talking, the table occupants slowly one by one turning away from the fire kid as he seemed to be the only one talking. Eventually he stood up, throwing a drink at Caleb in the process, Caleb held the cup back out to him as he shook liquid off himself, before Johnny swung and hit him, three more figures joining the fight as the table was shoved out of the way.

Logan watched the fight closely, Caleb had good natural technique but it was obvious he was holding himself back, no doubt because he had been worried about hurting someone. He was trying to push, rather than punch, and both boys who were ejected from the fight were pushed, or rather thrown. One, obviously the one who ended up with the concussion, hit the wall, the other crashing bodily into a crowd of, now empty, chairs.

"Slow it down," he told Kitty, he wanted to see whether the fire had been intentionally started, or just a fight-or-flight response on behalf of the fire kid. The playback slowed to half speed as the kid pulled a lighter out of his pocket. Logan growled as he watched the kid direct a column of swirling flame directly at Caleb, a swirl which grew so hot and bright it corrupted the view of the camera, the area lit up in flame ending up a black spot on the digital recording, only reducing in intensity as Logan moved into the frame and hauled the black blob out the door.

"Shit," Scott murmured, "That was scarily intentional. Aside from one chair being melted there was no fire damage to anything else, even the floor wasn't charred. I think it's clear to say Johnny was the aggressor, I agree with Jean's assessment that Caleb was acting in self-defence." Everyone else in the room nodded in agreement.

Sarah finally spoke up, she was angry, though probably still more scared - what if Caleb's healing hadn't been able to cope with his injuries? "What's going to happen to this Johnny kid? I mean that - that could have killed someone," she said.

"We need to talk with him, one-on-one," Logan suggested, "If he's remorseful I'm happy with a warning and whatever punishment you hand down-" he nodded to the Professor- "If he's not... it's too dangerous for him to stay if he's going to do shit like that, if Caleb didn't heal he'd be dead right now," he stated plainly. Jean nodded in agreement, she'd seen the burns second and third degree to easily more than ninety percent of his body, that was not survivable for normal people.

"That is a remarkably restrained response from you Logan," Charles replied, surprised, "I do agree though, children do stupid things at times and if the appropriate reaction is held I would be prepared to give Mr Alerdyce a second chance, if that is alright with you Sarah?" the Professor asked, noting the woman’s apprehension.

After a worried glance at Logan she replied, "I suppose, there probably isn't anywhere else he could go anyway, is there?" Her only concern was that if he had done it once he could do it again. What if he had been emboldened to try again to take down Caleb, or someone else; if Caleb was right, the real focus of the kid’s ire was Logan.

"There is another school that we work with in Europe, if need be, I could see if they are happy to take him, otherwise... I would prefer to get the law involved and see him in prison rather than on the streets here, if he were to end up with the Brotherhood..." Charles looked concerned.

"Brotherhood?" Sarah asked concerned.

"A mutant terrorist group essentially," Logan replied, "Though they've been pretty well out of commission since the 'Rogue incident', their leader is in jail, the rest are largely split up and hiding... I can't agree with getting the law involved though," Logan continued, "That would involve Police reports which would have to detail Caleb's mutation, not to mention testifying, I don't want Caleb being exposed like that, it's too dangerous."

"There is a lot to consider," Charles conceded, "I say we sleep on it, we will talk to Mr Alerdyce first thing tomorrow once he's had a chance to cool down and consider the ramifications of his actions, the others I am confident were manipulated or simply just defending themselves, I say we sit them all down together tomorrow and get them to talk their problems out, that should be sufficient to settle that issue."

Everyone nodded in agreement before he continued, "I would ask only Scott and Logan are present for the meeting with Mr Alerdyce in the morning. For the meeting with the other boys I would say only parents need be present, I will try and get the other boys’ parents by phone, Sarah you are welcome to attend in person as I am sure Logan will also."

With that the group broke up for the evening, Scott went upstairs to tell the boys they would be seeing the Professor in the morning and taking them an early dinner, while everyone else disbursed to try and de-stress.

"Hey Logan?" Sarah asked, as she followed him down the hall, he waited for her catch up before she continued. "What's the 'Rogue incident'?" she asked.

"Magneto, the leader of the Brotherhood, had a machine, that was supposed to mutate humans, but he needed someone to power it because he was too much of a chicken-shit to do it himself - it was going to kill the 'battery' - he decided Rogue, more specifically her mutation, would be perfect for that job. That's how me and her ended up here, he tried to grab her, eventually succeeded in kidnapping her, he had her in the machine when I finally got to her ... she survived and Magneto was incapacitated enough to be arrested," Logan filled her in in brief.

"Wow, was Rogue okay, I mean she 'survived' but...?" Sarah asked, noting how Logan had paused before avoiding talking about that.

Logan sighed. "That was the second time I had to touch Rogue, she was dead when I got to her, no heartbeat, not breathing..." he paused at the door they were now standing at, as he watched Rogue through the window, playing on the lawn with Ava and James. "It took so long for her skin to come on I thought I was already too late, I thought I'd lost her, I failed her, after I promised to protect her... I have never been so grateful for having the life sucked out of me," her finished with a grin.

"What was the first time you touched her?" Sarah asked.

"You remember Ava's nightmare that first night?" he continued at Sarah's nod, "It was pretty much the same thing, I had a nightmare, Rogue tried to wake me up, I accidentally stabbed her before I was fully awake, thank god she was thinking clearly because it wouldn't have occurred to me right then to touch her and heal her."

"So, how many times have you given Rogue your healing?" Sarah replied.

"Only the three," Logan answered, as he opened the door and stepped through, "I'm hoping I'm not gonna have to do it too many times more but the girls got it in her head to be an X-Man so I'm not holding my breath for that."

She let him go, watching as the kids caught sight of him and came running, the smile on Rogue's face when she spotted him told her that Rogue felt exactly the same for him as he felt for her. Those two were head over heels in love with each other but neither seemed to be willing to admit it, they were running out of excuses though, essentially co-parenting two kids.