It was ten am, all the classes for the day were being run by substitute or student assistant teachers while the main teaching staff were indisposed.

The mission had been more intense than he had expected, every team member had been injured, some so badly he had had to call in another surgeon to assist their own doctor, who was battling a concussion of her own. Cyclops had taken a nasty hit to the leg and once he was all stitched up had been fitted into a brace to aid in healing, and so he could still get around while he did, without being as obvious as crutches. Storm had been the least injured, suffering only cuts and bruises when she was hit by falling debris.

As for their asset, Wolverine had left the basement levels quickly, which was not unusual. However, when he had replayed the security footage from the hangar, he had been shocked to see the state of the indestructible mutant. How he had even managed to get up to his room, which according to the tracer chip he was fitted with he had, no one would ever know.

As he feared, one student had failed to show for her second class of the day. He had casually enquired as to her whereabouts from one her roommates who had informed him she had already left their dorm before her roommates had awakened - she apparently did so regularly, allegedly taking an early morning walk around the grounds.

Xavier considered his options as he reviewed the evidence before him. None of the students were meant to know about his dirty little secret. That one of them did seemed only protected from public knowledge by the simple fact that the girl, the Rogue, was involved on some sort of apparent sexual relationship with the asset that she was keeping a secret. How that was possible though he didn't know, the girl was incapable of physical touch, surely the Wolverine, a serial loner, wasn't desperate enough for human contact that he would go to the efforts of working around that.

He felt the gentle stirring of the minds he was monitoring, his team, as they began to waken a short time later. He sent a brief summons to each, directing them to a meeting in his office in half an hour, once they had all had opportunity to eat.

It was eleven am by the time the team joined him. From his grave countenance they knew, whatever he had to share with them was not good news.

"I apologize for calling you all down so soon but a serious matter has been brought to my attention, a matter involving the Wolverine, and a student I believe to be Rogue. I took the opportunity of his absence yesterday to have the cleaner tackle cleaning his suite, she discovered some items that disturbed her enough that she brought them to my attention," he gestured toward a full laundry basket sitting on the floor, which Jean rifled through, eyes widening at the torn panties and a gasp of surprise at the stained sheet.

"You think the Wolverine is ... is, what, 'involved' with a student?" Jean asked.

"With Rogue?" Scott scoffed, "Even her own classmates don't want a piece of that," he pointed out.

"That may be how Wolverine has taken her in. When I noticed this morning that the only student missing from classes was Rogue, I questioned one of her roommates, apparently Rogue regularly takes 'early morning walks' before any of her roommates are up, it's not uncommon for them to awaken to find her bed empty. I believe Rogue is with Wolverine right now, and I fear what physical state she may be in. Wolverine is not known to be overly stable after missions," Xavier stated.

"So, you want us to go and - check his room?" Storm asked, appearing uncomfortable with the suggestion. Wolverine was the epitome of antisocial, and particularly sensitive to having his personal space breached, so it was a valid concern.

"I believe we must, for Rogue's sake, there is no telling what he may have been doing to her all this time. Rogue is very difficult for me to get a read on, the nearest I can tell is she is in this building, though even I cannot tell exactly where or what state she is in. You will need to tranquilize the Wolverine, for everyone's safety, do not try to remove him from his room, just get Rogue out if she is in there. Bring her to the med lab until we can sort this situation out," Xavier ordered, his team all nodded in agreement and the group headed for the secret basement level of the school. Jean brought the basket too, for disposal.

As the team suited up, they loaded tranquilizer laden cartridges into the special guns they had on hand for use in managing the Wolverine, and other mutants like him. They would have to be quick to catch Wolverine off guard, if he caught on to why they were there he would no doubt become highly confrontational, and the mutant was not built to lose confrontations.

--

Marie woke to the comfortable feeling of a larger, harder, warmer, body pressed up against her back, a heavy arm wrapped around her waist holding her in place.

The sun was streaming in the skylight, indicating it was well into the morning but she wasn't surprised they had overslept so badly. Logan had woken again just before dawn and Marie had helped him to the bathroom, she had been horrified when she had noted he appeared to be peeing straight blood, at the beginning at least, but Logan assured her he was fine, it was just his body expelling what it hadn't been able to repair or reuse. He had eaten again, before they both fell back to sleep, exhausted.

Logan didn't seem to be so exhausted now, she decided as he rocked his hips into her butt, grinding his erection against her. She giggled before extricating herself from his grip on the excuse she needed to use the bathroom. When she returned, he was laying on his back watching her walk toward him, with an odd look on his face.

"Everything okay?" she asked gently, as she climbed into bed. She moved to lay down next to him but he shifted her position to leave her straddling his hips, his swollen member resting between her thighs.

He didn't make any move to go further so Marie waited, expecting him to answer her question. "Why?" he asked after a while.

She furrowed her brow in confusion, "Why what?"

"Why do you care?" he elaborated.

Marie smiled sadly, tears in her eyes as she admitted, "Because if I lost you, I'd lose a part of me, and I don't like seeing you hurt."

"So - this is about more than not being afraid?" Logan confirmed.

Marie nodded, "I told you Logan, I love you, the forever and always type. I don't know why, I don't know how, I just do, you're a part of me now." She leaned forward and chastely pressed her lips to his, it didn't take long before he deepened the kiss, as his hands began to wander over her body.

She could feel his hands under her shirt, groping at her breasts, as he bucked up against her panty covered core. She reached to pull her shirt off but he stopped her with a shake of his head. His hands moved back down to her hips and she raised herself up, expecting him to slide her panties off, or maybe tear them off like he'd done a few times, though she had asked him to stop that because she was running out spare pairs. Instead he reached between them and pulled her panties to the side before sinking two fingers into her. She was so wet and ready for him, he quickly replaced his hand with his cock, pulling her hips down flush against his as he sank into her.

"I love you, I need you, so much, you make it all worth it Marie," he whispered to her as he brushed a lock of hair back from her face as he moved inside her.

After a short while Marie shook her head as she bucked against him hard, this position just wasn't doing it for her. With a chuckle Logan rolled them over, his bulk pinning her to the bed as he pressed deeper into her. They both moaned in unison at the sensation before Logan began to increase his pace. He covered her mouth a moment later, as she cried out loudly and began to convulse around him, before he jerked inside of her sharply, growling as he spilled into her.

They lay in a tangle, breathing heavily until Logan could summon the strength to roll onto his side. He pulled her with him, his still stiff shaft buried in her tight, clenching channel, as she cuddled up to his chest, one leg thrown over his hips. They both dozed contentedly in the warm afterglow, satisfied that all was right in their world now.

They were just drifting off to sleep again, when Logan heard footsteps hurrying up the stairs. "Shit," he muttered, as he gently slid Marie off the bed, so she was out of view of the door, she quickly realized what was happening and ducked out of sight.

The door flew open a moment later as Logan sat upright and turned toward it. Marie couldn't see what was happening but it sounded like several airguns going off, Logan simultaneously roared in fury, as she heard the distinct sound of his claws releasing. She clapped a hand over her mouth to stifle a scream when she heard, what sounded like a body, collapse heavily to the floor at the end of the bed.