Charles Xavier, headmaster of Xavier's School for Gifted Children, watched the sleek black military jet, carrying his team of vigilante mutants off to their next target. He tried not to worry about this mission, however, the group they were going up against was very powerful, and strongly opposed to those who had 'suggested' the target. If any mission was going to go wrong, it would be this one, the worst part is, they wouldn't know for hours yet which way the pendulum would swing.

He tried to take his mind off the mission by turning his attention back to his paperwork, when a cleaner entered the currently empty waiting area outside his office and began the task of emptying the rubbish bins. Ordinarily that was somewhat of a non-event, after all the cleaners came once a week to do a full clean of the entire mansion, well, all of it bar the attic suite where Wolverine resided between missions.

Wolverine didn't like others on his space so the suite could only be 'cleaned' when he wasn't there, which wasn't often when the cleaners were around. Xavier called in Isadora, one of the cleaners, and asked her to personally see to cleaning that room first thing. She was familiar with the room, and somewhat familiar with the peculiarities of its occupant, so she left what she was doing immediately to undertake the task.

--

Isadora started on cleaning the bathroom, swept and washed the floor, washed the windows, and dusted. Despite the fact she hadn't cleaned this room for some months it was surprisingly clean, most of what she had done probably didn't need doing. Her last job was to change the sheets on the bed, she quickly stripped the pillows and comforter off the bed, throwing them on the couch to return to the bed later, as she turned back to the bed, she spotted a flash of colour on the floor. Reaching down she picked up the scrap of pink fabric, shocked to find herself holding a pair of women's panties.

She was sure the occupant of this room was a man. She dropped the article on the dresser as she shrugged it off, even stranger hating recluses had girlfriends she supposed. After stripping off the sheets she pulled open the cupboard where the fresh sheets were stored, she reached for a crisp folded sheet when she noticed a pile of fabric screwed up and stuffed in the back of the space. Pulling it out she recognized it as a sheet but why it had been stuffed into the cupboard like that she didn't know, she threw it across the room to the laundry pile she was making and continued with putting the bed together.

As she was pulling on the fitted sheet at the head of the bed, her hand brushed against something soft, grabbing hold she pulled out another pair of panties, this pair were black cotton bikinis, and they were torn, as if they had been forcefully ripped off a person. Isadora giggled to herself, well that wasn't her cup of tea but some women did go for that, she added them to the pile on top of the dresser. When she was changing the pillow cases she came across another pair of panties - she was starting to think this guy had a panty fetish, surely his girlfriend must notice her underwear going missing.

Once she'd finished with the bed, she gathered all her cleaning supplies up, loading them into the basket she had brought up with her, it was easier to get up the narrow stairs. She picked up the dirty sheets to stuff them into the basket too which is when she noticed one of the sheets, the one she had found stuffed in the cupboard, had blood on it, a fair amount of blood. Feeling a sudden spike of unease, she unrolled the soiled sheet a bit more, looking from the bloodstained sheet, to the pile of panties, none of which were of the particularly 'sexy' variety.

She did a wider scan of the room.

There were no items in the room to indicate a woman lived there, or even spent any great deal of time in there, no girly razors, feminine shampoo or shower gel, no makeup, and after a quick check of the drawers, no clothes. She hoped it was nothing, and she was worrying needlessly but she stuffed the panties into the laundry basket also and resolved to mention it to her employer, just in case.

The Professor's response however did not comfort her, he did not look impressed, thanking her for bringing the situation to his attention and asked her to leave the items with him so he could get to the bottom of the situation. He tried to relieve her concerns by telling her it was likely nothing, just that the man in question was supposed to advise the other staff if he was bringing anyone onto school grounds. She didn't buy his story but left it in his hands and continued her work.

Once Isadora had left, Xavier scowled as he regarded the items in front of him. This wasn't good, someone else knew Wolverine was here, but how to find out who, he had a suspicion it was one of the students, but which.

-

Marie finished her homework, even finished the book for her English essay assignment. Her roommates were still out, with no teachers around to enforce curfew they were all off having fun where they weren't supposed to, meanwhile she was left sitting on her bed worrying, and she couldn't even tell anyone else why.

It was after ten pm and Logan still wasn't back, she was getting tired but she couldn't sleep without knowing what was happening. She eventually decided to go wait in Logan's room, at least then if she fell asleep, he would wake her when he returned. So she wouldn't get caught out by curfew police, if they turned up, she pulled the age old trick of building a convincing looking lump under her covers, and turning all the lights out before she left.

When she got to Logan's room, she shucked her gloves and jeans and wriggled out of her bra before slipping under the covers of his bed in just her t-shirt and panties, missing the fact that it was freshly made, and soon fell into a light sleep.