"What are they going to do to her?" Marie asked, almost hyperventilating at the thought of the doctors in the lab experimenting on her child. Aside from acknowledging the existence of the metal inside him, Logan had never elaborated much on what happened in the lab, that in and of itself told her whatever it was it was bad.

"At this stage it will just be testing, offspring is what they want from him so she's safe, for now at least, they'll test her DNA to see if she's carrying the same mutations probably, I don't know what your mutation is so if baby's taken after you instead... they might not want that mutation, in which case she's in trouble." As he admitted just how precarious the situation was, he knew he was in trouble. He'd never considered the possibility of having to smuggle out a baby, hell, Xavier had only told them Wolverine was involved with the girl a few months ago, a baby shouldn't have been born so quickly.

"How long have you and J-Logan been together?" he asked curiously.

The girl blushed but grinned impishly, "About seven and a half months," she admitted.

"Baby was early then?" he said, surprised and concerned. That explained why the thing was so tiny at least.

"Yeah, we didn't even know I was pregnant until 'surprise', out pops baby," the girl chuckled as she wiped away her tears. He offered her a box of tissues so she could blow her nose; when she was finally presentable again, red rimmed eyes aside, she asked, "So, when do we bust out of here, and what do we do in the meantime?"

"I recommend you sleep, or if you want there's some books over there, I'm not sure if they're still going to want you to feed the baby so there might be that. As for when, we wait for the opportune moment, they'll likely be hyper alert for the first few days, expecting Wolverine to escape, he's not going to be escaping though, not without help from the outside, which will be us, but it has to be when they're least expecting it, and it has to be when the head honcho is present, we need to cut the head off this beast before it gets any bigger."

"He really is your brother?" Marie asked, still not one hundred percent certain she believed him. Victor confirmed again that he was. "And, your name's Victor?" she added.

"Uh, not exactly, that one started as an inside joke between me and Jimmy, my birth name is Connor Logan, over the years we've both gone by many aliases, my current one is Victor Creed, code name Sabertooth," he replied.

"Why do use aliases?" she asked confused.

"After a hundred years or so people start to get suspicious when you don't age, if you're using the same name it's not so easy to convince people that they're probably remembering an ancestor, so we usually switch identities every few decades. I used the name Victor in this case because I was hoping Jimmy would remember, I don't know if he did though, maybe it sparked something, I thought I saw a flash of recognition..."

They were interrupted by a knock on the door. Victor went to answer it, after a brief conversation he closed the door and returned with a breast pump in hand. "They want your milk for the baby," he said, as he set it down on the desk in the corner of the small room.

"So, I won't even get to see her?" Marie realised, turning her mind back to the new development.

"Sorry sweetheart, not for a little while, keep up with taking milk on your usual feeding pattern so your supply doesn't get confused, you don't want your milk to dry up," he pointed out. "Now, I have to get back to work, I'm going to leave you locked in here, I've got the only key so no one else can get in but I'll come back and check on you regularly okay?" She nodded, resigning herself to the confinement; no wonder Logan had preferred the Institute, even without crazy mutant experiments and in the 'nice' quarters this place was depressing.

Taking in more of the room Marie shuddered at the cell like feel. The room was concrete, the door metal, there was a double bed in one corner, a desk with a desk chair in another, the door in the third corner, and in the fourth there was a toilet, with a sink over the cistern, and a small mirror on the wall behind.

Victor returned every few hours, partly to check on her and partly to collect milk to take to the lab for Niamh. It was about ten when he finally turned in for the night, he assured her baby was doing okay, though they were feeding her the expressed milk by a stomach tube because she refused to accept a bottle.

He had seen where they were keeping Logan too, he had apparently been less than cooperative all day, threats against Marie weren't working to control him anymore, not when they refused to let him see her or update him on her condition anyway. He'd been severely beaten at one point, and had managed to get the gauntlets off that they'd fitted him with - not that they had made much difference; he'd managed to kill two guards just from the sheer force he could pack into a metal armoured punch.

When he turned in for the night, he had brought an extra bed roll, leaving her to the bed she was already dozing on, he set himself up on the floor. It was an hour or so later, after he had turned the lights out that he picked up a flood of fresh tears from the girl. "You okay?" he asked softly into the dark.

"No," she replied with a sniffle, "I can't sleep, I... will you come up here and share the bed, I just - I'm not used to sleeping alone and..." she trailed off, surprised that even after everything that had happened she still found herself trusting this guy.

"... Sure, I can do that," he replied eventually, rolling to his feet, "Scoot over." He climbed into bed behind her, it was a tight fit but good enough.

"Be careful of my skin, it doesn't work on Logan for some reason but it works on everyone else as far as I know, so don't touch it, just in case," she said, as he settled an arm across her waist.

"Is that your mutation, your skin?" he asked. "What exactly does it do?" he queried when she confirmed.

"Not sure exactly, sucks in energy and thoughts, and mutations if the person who I touch is a mutant," the girl replied.

"Permanently?" he asked, "What happens to the person you touch?"

"Not really permanently, and I can kill someone if I hold on long enough, at the very least I knock them out, sometimes they'll end up in a coma for a while."

"That's actually pretty impressive," Victor replied with a chuckle, "No touching skin it is then."

They settled in to sleep but the girl was obviously still unsettled, when he asked her, she replied almost shyly. "Sorry, nothing personal, you just don't feel like Logan, it's better than being alone though." Eventually she drifted off to a light sleep.

The next morning Victor woke early to get the nights milk to the lab for the baby before heading to the mess. He noticed several oddly intrigued looks from the rest of the alpha squad, he knew none of them liked him, mainly because he was always given the 'good' assignments by Stryker, but he also knew Stryker never completely trusted anyone and a couple of them were under separate orders to keep an eye on him.

"Have fun last night?" The ever-irritating Nelson asked with a smirk. The guy was an arrogant prick, truth was if the guy didn't know his way around a gun, he would be completely useless.

"Had to get a little, creative, but all in all maybe it was worth it after all," he leered cryptically. He managed to suppress the urge to gag, not that the girl was bad looking, hell, if she was unattached, he'd have her in a second, willingly of course, but this was his brothers mate he was talking about.

It was lunch when the big breakthrough happened, he'd just delivered Marie her lunch and was collecting the milk when there was a knock on the door.

"Stryker's called the alpha squad to the main lab," he was instructed. With a nod he stepped through the door to follow his team mate. "He wants the girl brought too."

Victor paused, looking back around the door toward Marie who had paused in her eating to listen to the conversation. "Give me ten minutes to get her… presentable," he replied, at his teammates nod he began to close the door when a thought occurred to him. "Hey, take this back with you, it's a little late but the doctors need it for the kid," the guy glared but took the bag of milk. That should get rid of him and make sure he didn't hang around and possibly follow him.

Once Victor was sure he was gone he turned to Marie who demanded to know what was going on. "The opportune moment just presented itself," he replied with a grin, as he pulled out a control device from his pocket. Hitting a command, he hoped the loop tapes he'd set up for the security cameras worked, or this would be a short escape attempt. With that done he grabbed Marie's gloved hand and pulled her down the hallway deeper into the base.