Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long update.
Logan has met Mariko by now, and I will write a chapter to catch his journey up to current events
Two Years Later
Planet Xandar


Rogue woke up to screaming, and explosions. Nine months both Scott and herself were on Xandar. Both being rescued off Ronan's ship.

"Scott wake up...SCOTT!"

Scott bolted up in the same manner she did. He looked around for a moment to gather his bearings.

"What's going on?"

"We are under attack, we have to go."

"Go where?"

Rogue looked at Scott and tilted her head, a pointed look directed his way.

"No. No no no no no. We have nothing to go back to there. We didn't escape physical torture, just to self-inflict ourselves with emotional torture."

"We don't have a choice Scott!" Rogue bellowed out her voice holding real conviction and steel.

The ground shook violently when an explosion went off near their lodgings. Weakening the foundation, the ceiling started to fall. They went outside and the air smelt like death and it was mayhem.

"Hear me and rejoice, you have had the privledge of being saved by the Great Titan."

"Thanos!" Rogue breathily exclaimed

"Who?" Scott asked confused.

"It's a long story. You have got to go back, and you have to warn them Scott, and I'll try my best to buy you some time. I'm sorry Scott." Briefly closing her eyes, she tamped down the torrent of emotions threatening to overwhelm her, at sending the closest thing she had to family away. Using the powers imbued to her by the tesseract she created a portal to New York, and sent Scott through.

There were explosions everywhere, and the earth was littered with the bodies of dead men, women and children and she could smell the stench of death in the air. Using her anger as fuel, Rogue snuck through the rubble to smuggle herself aboard Thanos ship. She saw the black order and the Chitauri conducting mass genocide. The guilt set in, she wished she could stop it, but Thanos had the Power stone, and her stolen memories from Gamora, and Ronan's second in command told her what Thanos grand plan was. She could not stop Thanos by herself, even if she had absorbed gargantuan amounts of energy from both the Tesseract and the Power Stone.

Earth, New York, New York Sactum

Scott was seemingly drifting through time and space for hours. He processed the telepathic images Rogue ingrained in his head. Thanos was a scourge to planets. He takes what he wants and wipes out half the population. Rogue knew due to her absortion of the Kree Sarcos and brief absorption of Gamora the whereabouts of both the stones on Earth. He just hoped they could figure out a plan before Thanos arrived.

Crashing into something, Scott growned in pain. He looked up and as the plume of dirt cleared, he could see two men, one with weird shapes in his hands and one with a flowing red cloak.

"Thanos is coming. He's coming."

"Who?" said the man with the red cloak

Space

Rogue used the stealth techniques she got from Logan's memories. The irony of that was not lost on her, he was the one person she didn't want to think about, but at the moment needed. Calling on Mystique's borrowed abilities, Rogue shapeshifted into one of the Chitauri scum drones. Trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, Rogue made it into the control center without detection.

"Have you tracked down the ship?"

"Yes father, the Asgardians should have the tesseract aboard the ship."

"And the Reality stone, is it still on Knowhere?"

"Yes father."

"The reality stone," Rogue whispered under her breath. She could beat Thanos to it.

Rogue left the control room quickly and scoured the ship for a secluded spot where she could teleport herself. Feeling the ship jostle, she knew that they had found the Asgarians. She was running out of time. Finally...finally she found a isolated room, pulling once again from borrowed memories she teleported to Knowhere.

Earth, New York, Central Park

Hey Mr. Stark! It's Peter! Parker! Not that you don't know it's Peter. I'm still the friendly neighborhood spiderman. Patrols have been a bit slow, but I helped this older couple with directions, they were really grateful and bought me cookies. I think the police are starting to like me! Tell Happy I said hi.


Tony smiled at the voicemail. After the team broke up over the Sokovia Accords, his fight with Rogers and Barnes, and Rogue's sacrifice, Tony felt like the darkness was sucking him in. His relationship with Peter really was a brightspot in his life, mentorship turned into surrogate fatherhood.

Wiping the sweat off his forehead, he was about to continue his jog in Central Park when someone called his name.

"Tony Stark, I'm Doctor Steven Strange, I need you to come with me."

"I'm sorry, you giving out tickets or somethin'?" Tony responed startled by the stranger asking for him, with a gyre of luminous gold bronze light spinning behind him.

"We need your help, it's not overselling it to say the fate of the universe is at stake."

"And who's we?" Tony asked still defensive.

Tony looked on in shock as Scott aka Cyclops walked out from behind Dr. Strange.

"Hey Tony!"

"Scott"

Scott felt relief at seeing an old friend, albeit his reluctance to return. He walked over to hug Tony.

"Where's Rogue?" Tony asked not hiding the desperation in his voice

Please say she's with you. Please say she's alive

Scott looked down, "she stayed behind to buy us sometime, but I'm sure she's okay."

Tony could see the hope in his eyes and couldn't help but believe him.