Story Notes:
Story was deleted I apologize
"Oh my god," Rogue said looking up and down at the spectacular albeit frightening energy conductor in the bellies of one of Hydra's top secret research facilities. Rogue saw intricately placed in the center, surrounded by metal casing, and connected with cables was a glowing blue cube.

"Tony. Scott. You better get your asses in here. ASAP!"
It only took seconds for Tony Stark and Scott Summers to join her. They too stared in marvel at the complex machinery before them.

"Soooo. Tony, you want to explain to the class what we are dealing with here?," Rogue said not being even remotely adept enough to understand what they were dealing with.
Tony slowly walked the entire circumference, looking up and down, touching cables.

"Well? And in layman terms please and thank you."Scott said clearly agitated not knowing what was going on.

"If I'm not mistaken this is a man made Einstein-Rosen bridge. Given its design and its substantial energy conductor its quite probable it would successfully breach other dimensions." Tony said exuberantly being impressed by the engineering.

"You told us this was an experimentation lab, did you know this was here, because if you did you unnecessarily put my team in danger?'" Scott said, his voice deepening doing very little to hide his disappointment in Tony.

"No i told you the truth, and if you don't recall I asked to join you believing they stole something of mine." Tony said this pointedly at Scott. Tony then pivoted his body toward the machine. "They have the tesseract, and I intend to take it back."

"Scott!"

Scott turned around to look at Rogue, hearing the worry and tension in her voice.

"What is it Rogue, everything alright?"

"I have a bad feeling about this." she replied as the sense of dread surge through the nerve endings in her spine.

"Rogue do you think' you can retrieve the tesseract while I get the case to hold it?"

"Tony something doesn't seem right here. Maybe we should wait." Rogue supplied unsure of Tony's plan.

"Light of my life, leaving the tesseract in the wrong hands would spell doom for millions. We are running out of precious time."

Rogue rolled her eyes at another one of Tony's innuendos and then turned to Scott. "Maybe you should check on the team to see how they're doing."

Scott agreed with a nod. Scott couldn't help noticing the lack of opposition they had down here. He knew the rest of the team fought off soldiers due to hearing gunfire in some of the comms feedback.

"Storm. Beast. Status update."

For a few moments there was nothing but the sound of static. Scott was about to repeat himself, when the comm opened with Hank speaking.

"Cyclops are you and Rogue returning to the jet, we've had to retreat. Wolverine, Storm and Shadowcat have been injured. Jean is tending to them on the jet."

"I'm sure she is." Scott responded with an indubitable amount of snark. He shared a look with Rogue and received a look of sympathy and shared pain. Clearing his throat Scott continued, "We should be up shortly, the jet is cloaked and well hidden it should avoid detection."

"Okay, please hurry my friend." Then the comm click ending the transmission.

Rogue then hovered toward the tesseract and grabbed ahold of it. When she starting grabbing it the machine started up, and all the doors closed locking them in. She tried yanking the cube toward her again, but it wouldn't budge.
'ROGUE, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Scott screamed hearing gears clicking along with the machine powering up.

They then heard banging at the door, running towards it they saw Tony's face peering through the small glass opening.

"Whats going on' how did the machine start?" Tony asked
"It must have been boobied trapped, get in here and help us shut this thing off." Rogue yelled frightened seeing the electrical sparks, and what looked like a glimpse into the infinite starways of deep space."

Tony lowered the face plate on his Iron Man suit, and put his hands up to the door to use his repulsors to hopefully blast the door off its hinges.

It only took Scott and Rogue a few minutes to realize the door wasn't budging. Rogue turned back toward the machine saddened knowing they couldn't allow anything to enter that portal if it was in their power to stop it.

Apparently Scott was thinking along the same lines, because his face also had a solemn look upon it. Their shared look didn't escape Tony.

"Hey you guys aren't thinking about what I think you guys are thinking right?" Tony said somewhat scared. Tony knew that look all too well, having sacrificed himself for the greater good. He was mainly looking at Rogue. He developed quite a soft spot for the poisonous skinned mutant. When he along with the former team of the Avengers originally met the other vigilante superhero team he was instantly attracted to the green eyed, auburn haired mutant. She was by far one of the most beautiful woman he had ever met, but what solidified his respect, admiration' and ultimately unspoken love for her was her un-shaking support for anyone she encountered. She loved unconditionally. He saw it in the way she treated the formidable Wolverine. Her team cherished her, and the Avengers did as well before they broke up. Tony was tempted to express his true feelings being this may be his last chance, but he choose to remain silent.

"Tony would you mind recording a message for us please?"
Tony took his face plate off and pressed it close to the glass, he turned his head to hide his falling tears.

"Hey Guys, I guess we all knew this day would come. This is the work that we do, and the ugly truth is sometimes heroes don't come home. I love you all. I will always always always love you. You guys have to take care of each other now. You have to remain strong and continue the good fight." Tony heard Scott begin to leave his own message. "It has been my prestige to fight alongside you guys, and have you as my family. I will always love and cherish you all. However the good of the many outweigh the good of the few.Goodby and be strong X-men."

Once they were done Tony turned backed his vision blurred to see Scott walking towards the machine, but Rogue was looking at him.

"Tony I know we haven't spent the most time together but it has been an privilege to be your friend." She placed her hand glass and he followed suit. "Goodbye."

She then picked Scott up and they flew into the wormhole, Tony seeing what they were planning to do, put his face plate back on and flew toward the upper level. It took about 6 minutes he barely escaped before the facility exploded. Tony being close to the blast, was propelled into the nearby woods. It took him a few moments to regain his equilibrium. Getting back on his feet Tony launched back into the air towards the X-Jet to share the devastating news.

Rogue lifted Scott into the air.

"Scott I wanted to tell you it's an honor to die at your side," Rogue said heading toward the dimensional rift.
"And it's been an honor to have fought by yours. You're the sister I never knew I needed."

Rogue gave a tight smile as they hovered a few minutes to give Tony time to escape. Feeling that enough time had passed they flew into what look like the vacuity of space. Scott lifted a hand to his visor and with skillful aim shot a continuous beam of energy at the tesseract, the lines between dimensions started to fade, before an explosion ruptured the portal machinery, and blasting Scott, Rogue, and the tesseract into space.