Logan let her sleep in as late as possible, he knew she wasn't going to take a shower. He'd used worse facilities but a day without wouldn't hurt her any. She needed the sleep more as it wasn't until late in the night Victor and the woman concluded their very loud sex romp.

He knocked on Creed's door on their way out, he was paying Victor enough to have his ass out in the next ten. While they waited he tossed Rogue some beef jerky and bottled water. "We'll get something else the first gas stop."

She nodded and took a bite of the jerky. "Who's he to you?"

"Victor? Half-brother." He caught her worried look but he knew there wasn't anything he could say to make up for Victor's part in her past trauma.

"I don't like him," she finally said.

"I don't care for him most of the time either," he admitted.

"Then why?" she was completely confused now.

Their differences over the years had grown too great to be easily covered over. It all came down to one thing for Logan, "He's useful once in a while."

After a few minutes, she asked, "Jimmy?" He sighed and tried to relax into the seat, she could tell he didn't like to wait when they could already be on the move. "You're not a Jimmy or a James, are you?"

"Maybe a lifetime ago, but I haven't been as long as I can remember." He smiled, if nothing else she was perceptive.

"So just Wolverine?"

"No," he grunted with amusement. "That's leftover from my X-Men days. Call me Logan."

Her eyes widened as who he was dawned on her and his smile broadened. There were obviously still stories about him floating about the school after almost a decade. He had some fond memories but he'd left before they all went bad and that was fine with him.

She looked up when he started the engine, Sabertooth and the woman were walking to the vehicle down the way. The SUV was vaguely similar to theirs and the two were dressed somewhat the same as Logan and Rogue.

"They won't pass for us for long," she commented.

He shrugged as he backed out of the parking spot. "Only need to be a distraction. If my guess is right, Victor will be in Atlantic City by evening. Living it up off room service until he gets bored or someone discovers his credit card is stolen. By then..." he trailed off with a smile.

"It will take those that might be following us time to unravel it and our trail will be cold," she finished for him.

"Smart girl," he said with approval.

She wasn't feeling so smart lately. Oh sure, she could put the pieces of a puzzle together but rarely in time to be helpful. Maybe that was something they taught the X-Men and they had seen she wasn't good enough at it to train. Whatever the reason it seemed to make her merely an observer of her life and not an active participant.

They rode in silence for at least an hour with Creed keeping pace behind them. Soon they would be turning west and the second vehicle would go on to wherever Creed fancied. Logan was already watching for the exit when the other SUV sped up parallel to them honking the horn to get their attention.

Logan didn't bother to look, he knew what Creed was doing. He didn't need to see him getting a blowjob as he sped down the interstate. Rogue, on the other hand, hadn't dealt with the other man enough to understand. She lifted herself up, craning her neck to see what Creed wanted, only to turn beet red a moment later.

"I really hate that man," she said as he sped away into the distance. It wasn't a feeling Logan cared to talk her out of. Some gut-level instincts were better off left in place.