Logan stood outside the kid's room, giving her some privacy to pack her essentials. He made a few calls putting into motion the tentative plans he'd made when Chuck first contacted him. He didn't normally take bodyguard gigs, but Chuck said he'd consider it a personal favor.

They'd sent over her file so he'd know everything they did, which wasn't much. Runaway that got caught up in Magneto's world domination business over a year ago. Her mutation was the absorption of other people's memories and abilities with only limited success at controlling it in the last year. So far she didn't appear to be angry or rebellious, just an average teenager.

Rogue was the name she'd picked for herself, beyond that there was no more background. Her accent put her somewhere from the deep South, her manners were old money. She hadn't trained for any of the low-level teams and Logan knew Chuck had everyone trained. He wondered if that was her choice or theirs.

A girl in a bright yellow jacket eyed him wearily as she slid past him into the room. He let her go, her smell was all over the room and one of the three beds. This was the perfect opportunity for him to find out how compliant Rogue was going to be in this operation.

"Who's mister scary badass?" Jubilee asked, popping her gum.

Rogue glanced out into the hall before dumping her bag of toiletries into the duffle. Badass, sure; scary, not in broad daylight in the dormitory hall. Though she would admit given the right circumstances he would be dangerous. "Oh, he's here to pick me up."

"Prof approve this?" Jubes was always inquisitive. Some might call it nosy, but with her constant talking, she knew how to get more information out of people than they wanted to give.

"Of course, he arranged it." Rogue sighed she knew when her friend was probing for information. She didn't like fibbing to her but thought it might be necessary for this situation and Jubes wouldn't be satisfied until she received an answer. "Different training or something."

"How long are you going to be gone? There's that summer sale coming up." Leave it to Jubes to center things around shopping.

"Not sure," Rogue replied, which was the truth, she hadn't made any inquiries into this. "Probably until I don't need you to save me from a fake mall cop."

"Ah chica, that's just one of my many talents put to good use," she said walking over to check out what was being packed. From her facial expression, Rogue knew she hadn't packed anything fashionable. She was pretty sure she wouldn't have any opportunities to dress up, blending in would be more important.

Rogue gave Jubes a quick hug. "Ya' know I appreciate it, right?"

"No problemo. What are friends for." Jubes answered returning the hug. "Where you headed? Cause you aren't going to fit in except the middle of nowhere with what your packing."

"Timbuktu?" Rogue stated questioningly. No wonder everyone else made her decisions for her, she couldn't even be bothered to find out enough details to make choices on her own.

"Africa?" Jubes questioned, grabbing a couple of items from the closet and adding them to the duffle.

"Okay, so not there," Rogue said with a smile. She doubted it but then again it looked like anything was possible with Wolverine.

~*~