Author's Chapter Notes:
Last bit *g*
Logan growled as he pressed weights in the gym. It had been a weird day all round.

There'd been some sort of commotion at breakfast. One of the kids, Fireball or whatever the fuck his name was, had got hold of a wheelchair. He and the Icepick...and seriously, what was with that kid? He had the talent of a freezer and the personality to match. Christ, and those science geeks thought the X gene was the next stage in evolution.

Anyway, they'd been wheeling around after that Pryde kid yelling 'come here little girl,' in this fake British accent, until Storm had come out of her study to see what all the shrieking was about. She hadn't been too impressed.

And One-eye had been on edge, scuttling around nervously, mumbling something about never covering his classes again. But whatever the hell had happened yesterday, he'd be dammed if he could get it out of him. Even Jeanie wouldn't talk to him. He'd managed to corner her at lunch time, but she just yelled something about a stapler and glared at him as if it was all his fault.

Not that he cared much anyway. Wasn't his problem if she'd developed a fuckin stationary fetish.

Dammit, he couldn't concentrate on anything. His recent thoughts had been focusing far too much on a certain brunette.

Yesterday, after a deliciously filthy dream about her, one that had forced him to spend so long in a cold shower that he began to worry he was gonna loose a certain part of his anatomy to frostbite, he'd just had to get out of the mansion for a while.

He'd asked Scott to cover his class. Well technically, he had growled his frustration, slammed a chair against a wall and had demanded Scott cover it. But that was just details.

Then he had disappeared on his bike.

Ok, Scott's bike. Again. Details.

He had driven for miles, thinking that maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't bother to go back. Life could be simple again.

But he had. He had returned, as he always did. Dammit, why did she have this effect on him?

He growled as he threw down his weights in frustration, and proceeded to pound the shit out of a punch bag.




'Ok, so plan C,' said Jubilee absently. She was looking at the doorway strangely, as if she was waiting for it to grow legs or something.

'No,' said Rogue.

'It'll work this time,' she pleaded, subtly turning Rogue so that her back was to the door.

'No.'

'Please?'

'Nope.'

'Fine,' she put on a fake scowl. Kitty appeared in the doorway.

'The gym,' she mouthed silently, flicking up three fingers and pounding an imaginary punch bag. `Uh, hey Rogue,' she added as the other girl turned around, quickly running her hand through her hair instead.

Rogue looked at the pair of them. Jubilee smiled serenely. Kitty shifted awkwardly from one foot to the other.

'What?' she asked, instantly suspicious.

Jubilee managed to look hurt. 'What do you mean, *what*?'

'You two are up to something again.'

'Of course not, Chica, we were only-'

'Oh no you don't,' said Rogue. 'Don't think I'm falling for that again. I already have to avoid half the mansion's residents. I'm outta here before you can ruin my reputation any further.' She glared at both girls pointedly. 'I only came by to get back that book you borrowed from me anyway.'

'Oh,' said Jubilee, thinking quickly. She flicked her eyes towards Kitty, who spotted the book lying face down on the floor. She looked the other way as she surreptitiously phased it through the wall with her foot.

'I left it in the gym, sorry Chica.'

'You took a book to the gym?' Rogue looked at her as if she was stupid.

'I, uh, wanted to rest between sit-ups,' she said, not quite convincingly enough.

Kitty giggled slightly.

Rogue just rolled her eyes. Well, what ever it was, she was certainly not going to be a part of it. 'Whatever. See you guys later,' she said, and left them to it.

The gym was on her way back to her room anyway, it wouldn't take her a moment to stop by. Besides, she doubted anyone would be there at this time of night. She pushed open the heavy door without really thinking about it.

'Oh.' The sound was out of her mouth before she could prevent it.

Logan stopped, mid punch. The snarl on his face softened.

'Hey,' he said.

'Um, hey Logan. What you doing here?'

Smart, really smart Marie, she thought to herself. Isn't it obvious?

He raised an eyebrow. 'Workin out. It being a gym and all.'

'Oh...yeah.' It was so much harder to speak when you were distracted by a sweaty, firm chest. Muscles rippling in a way that should be illegal. Hair that was scattered across a tightly defined torso, before arrowing down beneath the belt of low slung jeans...

She swallowed. There should be rules about having to wear shirts in here.

What was that? He was saying something. Eeep! Better say something back.

'Huh?'

Nice. Articulate.

'Said what you doin here Marie? You're not one for late night workouts.'

Yes. She had a reason. There had been a purpose. What was it again?

'I uh...I came to get...a book...' she trailed of lamely. Oh God, that sounded so ridiculous. There was no way he was gonna believe that even if it was the truth.

He gave her a look. 'This aint the library, darlin.'

Quick, think fast. Convince him you're not an idiot. 'I know.'

Yeah, that worked. Not.

'Jubes left it in here,' she tried to explain. 'I leant it to her and-'

*click*

'-What was that?'

He frowned, then strode past her to the door. He tested it. Locked.

He turned around slowly and looked at her in a way that was far too feral. 'You wouldn't happen to know anythin about this?' he growled.

She swallowed. 'Nope,' she croaked, but she had a good idea who would know an awful lot about it. She mumbled something.

'What was that?' He was coming towards her now, and he was close. Much too close.

'I'm gonna kill Jubilee,' she mumbled again, staring at her feet, trying not to look up at him. She sneaked a glance. Too late. He was towering over her. She could almost feel the heat radiating off his body.

'You wanna tell me what she has to do with it?'

He expected her to talk? It was all she could do to remember how to stand upright, and she wasn't really doing a good job at that either.

'Marie?'

'Think she, uh...locked us...in,' she managed, eyes slipping out of focus.

'And why would she do a thing like that?' His mouth was now close enough to her ear to send shivers through her, and...*fuck* ...did he just growl?

'She wants...So I would...So that we'd...um... '

'We'd what?' he breathed. 'Get it on?'

'Meep.'

To be fair, under the circumstances it was a pretty good effort. It was the closest to a word she could manage. She half expected him to step back and regard her with the look usually saved for escaped mental patients and distant relatives. But instead he moved closer.

'So, you think she's outside, listenin at that door, waitin to see if her plan worked?'

Hot body. Hot, hot body.

'I've been dreamin about you, you know.' His voice was so heated and dark that she thought something inside of her might have actually melted.

'I was gonna be all patient and chivalrous, and I can do chivalrous darlin,' his hand snaked round the back of her neck, 'you have no idea what I can do.'

Oh GOD. Every word headed straight down south.

'But fuck that.' He growled softly. 'You trapped me in here, and you don't trap a Wolverine baby. Not if you know what's good for you.'

She felt his chest rise as he inhaled the scent of her.

'I'm thinkin maybe we should give your yellow friend somethin to get her panties in a twist over.' His mutton-chops grazed against her cheek as he leaned in. 'Do you think she'll be picturin me doin this?' He nuzzled the base of her neck with his lips, his tongue briefly touching her soft skin.

Blank. Just utter blankness. What had once been her mind, had dissolved into a dizzying puddle of lust.

'Or this?' Now along the smooth line of her jaw.

Oh God. She began to think that she might actually hyperventilate. And that would be attractive.

'Or this?' His hot mouth moved over her own and he lightly nipped her bottom lip, before drawing her closer, demanding, tasting. Wanting.

He pulled back, eyes dark with desire.

'You just kissed me,' she croaked.

A wolfish grin spread wickedly across his face, still only inches from her own. 'Glad you noticed darlin. Mind if I do it again?'

Did she *mind*? Ah ha ha ha ha haaa haa. Yeah right. As if. Oh, he was actually waiting for an answer. 'Nope,' she managed, and then was lost as he took her mouth with his.

Oh God. Oh God. Logan was kissing her. She tried to remain vertical, and failed miserably, her knees giving way so that she was forced to lean into his body for support. Shame.

But, Christ, those were *Logan's* hands on her back. They were his palms sliding over her ass and down her thighs; his fingers in her hair; his thumbs brushing up over nipples in a way that they certainly should not have been. That was his tongue doing...GOD! She hadn't known that was even possible...and that was *his* body pressed hard against her. The nice boys she had kissed before certainly didn't kiss like this...This was...wow...

He backed her up against the wall, hands already sliding under her top. 'Thank fuck the door is locked,' he growled roughly.

She had to agree.




'It's gone very quiet in there,' said Jubilee, frowning at the gym door. 'You don't think...' she trailed off.

Kitty shrugged. 'Maybe it worked.'

Jubilee looked at her in disbelief. 'Seriously? You think that? With my track record?'

'What, you want to unlock it again?

'I already have! No one is trying to get out! What if she's hurt or something? With the claw things! I think you should phase in and check, Kitty.'

'Or, seeing as the door is unlocked, you could actually open it and...' she caught sight of Jubilee's pleading expression. 'Never mind,' she said rolling her eyes. She gave her a friend a withering look, and poked her head through the wall anyway.

Jubilee saw her shoulders stiffen, and watched as she stumbled back out in shock.

'What?' she asked, desperate to know. 'What?!'

'It worked,' squeaked Kitty, the tone unnaturally high.
'It did? Oh My God! It worked! Woooo!' She danced around, until she realised that she was alone in her celebration. She stopped. Kitty was still leaning against the wall, looking stunned. 'Kits?' she asked.

'Why is it always *me*?' Her voice was now reaching a frequency only usually heard by dogs and bats.

'What? What?!'

'Just...Oh God,' said Kitty, fanning herself with a hand 'That's a part of him I'm not gonna easily forget.'