Author's Chapter Notes:
Ummm...I appologise to all Hank fans out there. I don't mean it - honest (*evil chuckle*)
Fuck he was tired. It shouldn't have even been possible. His body should have just healed him right on up until he was nicely un-tired, but it never seemed to work like that. Fucking mutation. Chop off a leg, sure, no problem, I'll just grow that right back. But loose a night's sleep, and hell, it was worse than being trapped in a small room with Scooter.

Although on second thoughts, he'd rather loose a leg than deal with that. He shuddered and gave the closet a wide berth, just in case.

Christ, his head hurt.

The fact that he stepped out into the corridor just as Hank was approaching did nothing to improve his mood. It was nothing personal. He had nothing against the furball, hell he enjoyed a good fight in the Danger Room, and the doc could certainly hold his own. It was just that he was disgustingly, unnaturally, almost evilly, chipper first thing in the morning.

And this particular morning that would be taking it one step too far.

Maybe it would be alright. He could have had bad news; an aunt had died, and he was…

'Ah Logan! Good morning!'

Maybe not. Damn.

He grunted a good morning in return. It came out more along the lines of 'piss off back to the medlab you fuckin cheerful bastard,' but it was close.

Hank merely grinned at him. 'Not ready to start the day yet, eh? Up and at em! It's a fine day outside and as I always say...'

Logan tuned out. Maybe the aunt thing could be arranged. He made a mental note to check out any living relatives this side of Sesame Street. Or maybe he could steal one of the younger kid's furby toys and use it as a voodoo doll. Damn likeness was obscene.

Eventually, after much friendly banter, all one sided of course, and the obligatory 'Oh my stars and garters, is that the time?' Hank finally disappeared.

Logan shot a disgruntled look at his retreating form. He yawned widely, before stomping his way down to the kitchen, growling at any unfortunate kid to get in his way. The damn fridge better behave itself and all this time.

And he didn't want to even begin thinking about the reason for his insomnia.




'Ugh. Just...Ugh.' Rogue staggered into Jubilee's room holding her head. She hadn't seemed to notice that her t-shirt was on inside out or that the white streaks in her thick hair were sticking out at all the wrong angles.

'That,' she announced blearily, 'is the last time I let you talk me into getting drunk. Ever.' She sat down on the edge of the bed. Well, she planned too, actually she misjudged the distance and slid rather ungracefully into a heap the floor, but under the circumstances it seemed near enough.

Jubilee was looking a grim shade of green, one that rather clashed with her yellow PJs. 'Believe me, Chica,' she croaked, 'I won't be going near the stuff for weeks. I think I pickled my brain last night. And it's refusing to forgive me.'

Rogue just sat there, holding her face in her hands.

'You ok Chica?'

'I just can't believe what happened,' she mumbled through her fingers. 'How can I ever face him again? That's gotta be like the most embarrassing night of my life.'

'It cannot have been worse than mine.' Kitty came in and threw herself down on the bed next to Jubilee, who swayed slightly, going from green to grey as the bed rocked.

Rogue looked at her as if there was no possible way this could be true. 'Really? I don't think so Kits. Logan overheard us, and then I passed out in front of him. He must have had to put me to bed,' she said, replaying the whole woozy incident in her head from start to finish. Why did she not have nice alcohol related blackouts like everyone else? It didn't seem fair she should remember all the details of her humiliation.

Kitty waved a hand dismissively. 'That's nothing,' she said, rolling over so her face was muffled in the covers. She mumbled something unintelligible.

'What was that?' asked Jubilee, curiosity beginning to get the better of her hangover.

'I said when I phased through the floor last night, I fell into *mumble mumble mumble*'

'Huh?'

'Oh you work it out. Think about it, which room is beneath that particular stretch of corridor.

'Can't think,' said Jubilee. 'Brain's on strike for alcohol abuse and-' she paused as a slow smile spread across her face, some of the colour returning. 'You fell into the Professor's room?!'

'Worse.'

'How worse?' Now even Rogue was interested.

'His bathroom.'

'How is that worse – it's...oh.' Rogue giggled.

'He wasn't!' said Jubilee in disbelief, looking first at Rogue who giggled some more, then at Kitty, who nodded meekly.

'Ahh ha ha ha haa ha ha haa.' Jubilee collapsed in a fit of hysterics. 'You serious?! Ahhh haa ha haa ha ha!'

Bobby, who was walking past on his way to his room, decided to come in and see what all the fuss was about. The screeching could be heard from right down the far end of hall. Poking his head around the door, he was none the wiser.

Jubilee was rolling round the bed, clutching the covers to her, laughing till she was red in the face. Rogue was shaking with tears streaming down her cheeks, and all he could get out of Kitty was something that sounded like 'wrinkled but manly.'

He rolled his eyes and left them to it.

When she had calmed down enough to speak, Rogue wiped her eyes on the back of the gloves she still wore, despite the fact that she had learnt to control her mutation months ago. She never quite trusted herself. 'Yeah, ok Kitty. You win,' she said, still grinning.

'It still doesn't solve your Wolvie dilemma though.'

Rogues face fell.

'Well don't worry,' said Jubilee brightly. 'If plan A didn't work, then we'll just have to try plan B.'

'Oh no you don't,' said Rogue firmly. 'I've learnt my lesson. I'm not going along with one of your schemes again.' She got to her feet, although it was slightly more unsteady than she had planned, and headed for the door. 'I have work to do anyway. See you later.'

'Ok, Chica. Whatever you say.' Jubilee gave her an innocent smile as she left the room.

Kitty turned to her, impressed. 'Wow Jubes, you actually did as someone asked for once. I'm proud of you.'

The other girl pulled a face. 'Don't be a doofus. I just needed her out of the room. Plan B does not require her input.'

'Oh.' Kitty looked warily at her mischievous smile. 'What exactly were you thinking?'

'Weeelll, Logan's teaching defence class this afternoon. I think maybe a little note, delivered anonymously by one of the students might be in order.' She rubbed her hands together gleefully at the thought.

One hour, three trashy romance novels, and several drafts later, the aforementioned note was delivered into the hands of a willing participant, with strict instructions that it was for the eyes of their defence instructor only.

Jubilee smiled with the satisfaction of a job well done.