Author's Chapter Notes:
In my head, Marie always looks more like Demi Lovato than her movie incarnation. Does anyone else think of different people in fanfiction?
Logan ran through the forest a top speed, trying to find a release for his rage. He shouldn't be feeling this way but the animal inside him was roaring something completely different.

How dare ice-prick kiss her! How dare he even touch her! Didn't he know that Marie belonged to him now? Couldn't he smell the Wolverine's scent all over her?

By the time he got back to the school, it was dark. He could smell dinner in the cafeteria; meatloaf. He'd skip dinner tonight and move straight on to dessert. Logan took the stairs three at a time, making his way soundlessly to his favorite room in the mansion.



Logan's absence was noticed by a lot of people; after all, he did have a danger room session booked that afternoon. Marie would have been worried but by the expression on his face earlier, it looked like he could take care of himself.

She ate dinner with her friends, sitting between Kitty and Jubilee. Afterward, since it was a Friday night, they wanted to watch movies in the rec room. She agreed but wanted to go and put on her pajamas first.

Marie froze when she got to her door, catching a faint whiff of cigar smoke coming from inside. Her heart beat at double speed and she wasn't sure if it was out of fear or excitement. She had known Logan long enough to know when he was angry and that look he'd given her today was pure fury.

She took a deep breath and stepped inside. Logan was silhouetted by the window behind him, he sat in her chair.

"Hi." She whispered in a small voice.

"Lock the door" He growled back.

The clever side of Marie thought that seemed like a very bad idea, locking herself in the room with a very angry feral mutant. The other part of her, the part that had a stupid crush on the man Logan was thrilled. Young, naive Marie won and she locked the door.

"Come here." He breathed. The cigar he had been smoking lay in a dish on the window sill, the glowing hot tip still letting off smoky embers. She shuffled across the carpet, her feet made of lead. As soon as she was close enough to him, he grabbed her arm and pulled her onto his lap.

Logan stared into her dark eyes for a second before his lips came crashing down on hers in a frenzied kiss, something she had never experienced before. His skilled lips moved against her amateur ones with force, bruising her delicate mouth. Marie didn't have a chance to think, her powers were on but that didn't seem to bother him.

His tongue surged into her mouth when she opened it to protest, tasting the flesh inside like it was the sweetest poison and he needed his hit. A large rough hand came up to grab her breast and he squeezed the fleshy mound in his palm. Fuck he didn't realize what an amazing rack she had, that wasn't even a padded bra. He needed more of her, needed to take whatever she had to offer.

His eyes popped open, dark veins marring his face; a sound like he was gasping for air escaped his throat. Marie squealed in surprise and jumped off him as his head lolled forward onto her chest, unconscious. Did she just hear his thoughts?

About a minute of worrying past before he raised his head, giving her a slow lazy smile.

"That was what I needed."

"What's going on Logan? Where have you been all day?"

He patted his leg, inviting Marie to sit again and she did, curling up in his huge lap. He seemed much calmer now, she wasn't so afraid of him. His face was serious and almost embarrassed.

"I was jealous."

"Jealous of what? Bobby?" he nodded, staring away into the distance, that fire building up in him again.

"Every time I think of him touching you, it makes my blood boil."

"Why?"

"Oh come on, don't be fucking stupid." Marie's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that. It's just so frustrating when I can't be near you when I see him touching you in a way I can't."

"You just did."

"You know what I mean. I want everyone to know that you're mine." He rested his forehead on Marie's.

"When did I become yours?"

"Since the first time we met. It's always been you kid." She smiled to herself.

He rubbed her thigh, nuzzled into her hair covered neck, filled with need and uncapped desire.

"I want you, all of you!"

"Not yet, I can't yet, I'm not ready."

"Please." His voice was cracked, hoarse.

"I promise okay, it will happen but you have to give me some time." She felt him nod against her.



"Pride! Move your lazy ass!" Logan yelled at Kitty, who was ducking behind a large piece of shrapnel. She looked around wildly for another hiding place, never one for facing combat. John and Bobby were simultaneously working to put out the fires that had engulfed the entire complex and Jubilee and Marie were trying and failing to save some hostages from a burning building.

"Logan! This is too difficult for them!" Storm was supervising his class, if you could even call it a class. Logan just shoved the kids into hell.

"They'll be fine." He grunted, chewing on his unlit cigar, his last one. He wasn't going to admit it but his danger room session was going to shit. These kids wouldn't be about to help anyone in the real world if their fuckin' lives depended on it.

Storm ran over to help Bobby and John. A corner of the burning building started to collapse but Marie and Jubilee didn't notice until it was too late.

"Lee! D'Ancanto! Get out of the way!" Logan barked. Jubilee managed to stumble back a few feet but Marie didn't see it coming in time. Pitor ran past in full mutated titanium, grabbing her by the waist. She let out a shriek of pain as a metal rod from the building slashed through her leg.

Logan jolted as if he'd been cut as well. Right, this shit has just gone too far! He pressed a button on his remote and the simulation immediately started to fade, all the debris and smoke pixelating into thin air.

"What the fuck was that?" he yelled at the sorry looking team, storming over to where Marie sat wounded on the floor. "The worse effort I have ever seen."

He glanced around the room and the ash-covered faces of the children, ripped uniforms in tatters. Marie's blood was leaking out of her sliced open leg, he ripped his shirt off and lent down to put pressure on it.

"What were you thinking kid, you got really badly hurt." He looked into her startled eyes. He couldn't be giving her this much attention in front of the class, this was bound to start rumors.

"Class dismissed! Get outta my sight." He shot at the group behind him and he heard them scuttle off like beetles.

"Logan, she needs to go to the med lab." Storm placed a hand on his bare shoulder.

"I got it." Logan grunted and gathered her in his arms, shrugging the other woman's hand off him. He didn't look back down at Marie until they were in the lift heading to the ground floor. She was stiff in his arms, trying to keep skin to skin contact to a minimum.

"Marie, turn on your power." He whispered in her ear.

"Are you crazy no!" she managed through gritted teeth.

"Please." He whined like he was in pain too and truth was he was. Seeing his Marie hurt was more painful than his own physical suffering. Instead of carrying her to the med lab, he took her to his own room.

It was dark and cool inside, the curtains were drawn even though the sun shone brightly outside. It was like an animal's lair. He laid her down on the bed, shuffling in next to her, placing a large hand on the bare exposed skin of her chest.

"I'm keeping my hand here until you heal yourself."

"I can't control it well when I'm hurt, I might end up sucking the life out of you." He lent in close to her.

"It would be worth the pain darlin'."

Marie tried to concentrate. She took a deep breath before activating her powers. Her skin hummed; the hairs on her arms and legs stood up with static and ever so slowly the cut began to heal itself. Both she and Logan watched the skin knit back together, the color change from inflamed red back to creamy white until all that was left was a smudge of blood visible through the slashed leather.

"See, good as new." Logan lifted his hand and wiggled the fingers, to show her he was fine. He was made of even tougher stuff than she thought.
Chapter End Notes:
Aw, see he can be sweet too! Please review!