Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi everyone, this is my second Rogan story! Please be aware this story contains strong language and scenes of a graphic nature so if you don't like that don't read. I don't own any rights to Xmen, Marvel or any of their characters.
It was a cool, spring Saturday morning in the X mansion. The sun shone brightly through the window where Rogue was reading Lolita for the third time.

She sat in the games room half watching a particularly competitive round of pool between Bobby and John; it was by no means a fair game. Bobby kept freezing the table from underneath, making John's balls slide too far across the green felt. John set fire to the end of Bobby's pool cue, making him miss the shot.

Rogue surveyed the rest of the room. Jubilee was giggling madly at the boy's antics, thoroughly amused by their bickering. Kitty was over the other side of the room, making out and whispering with Pitor, who she'd had the biggest crush on since forever. Rogue was glad they had found each other; they balanced each other out well. A few younger kids kept running in and out, playing hide and seek.

Life at the mansion was better than she ever could have hoped for. She sighed happily and set her book down. Rogue finally felt like she belonged to a family again.

Bobby, having finished his game, sat down next to her.

"Hey Rogue." He smiled at her, all boyish charm. She loved his smile, especially when it was directed at her. They had been going out for a couple of weeks and Marie was expecting him to ask more from her any day now. But he never did, content with holding her gloved hand and kissing her quickly through the neck of his t-shirt or her scarf.

"Hey Bobby, good game?"

"It would have been if John wasn't cheating."

"Hey! You were cheating worse than me you dick!" Bobby spat an ice cube in John's direction, which he countered with a small fireball, melting it in mid-air.

"Hey John, I bet I can kick your ass at foosball. No powers!" Jubilee jumped up from the couch, her black ponytail swishing from its yellow scrunchie.

Bobby coughed slightly, bringing Rogue's attention back to him. His face was close to hers and she could make out the exact aquamarine color of his eyes, the softness of the skin on his cheek, yet to be roughened by stubble.

"How's your training with the Professor been going?"

"Yeah, it's been going well. I think I'm close to breaking it, I held his bare hand for almost two minutes yesterday without hurting him."

"That's great." He smiled that warm, liquid honey smile again and she felt like she could melt right on the spot. He lifted his fingers to her face, slowly reaching forward like he wanted to stroke her smooth cream colored skin.

She reached out with a gloved hand and gently pushed his back down.

"I don't want to hurt you." Bobby looked hurt more than anything. Rogue didn't want him to feel like she didn't want to kiss him so she held his hand instead, smiled reassuringly at him.

"It won't be long." He nodded, trying to be understanding. It was hard sometimes when he was missing out too. He didn't want to wait much longer, he wanted to hold her hand with no barriers, kiss those sweet, plump lips.

Rogue heard the faint sound of a motorcycle, growing louder. Could it be? It couldn't be him? She jumped up so fast, Bobby thought something was wrong, and ran out of the room.

He quickly put two and two together and rolled his eyes in annoyance. Why did he have to come back?



Logan had been in Alberta for the last eight months, trying to recover any information he could about his past. He had bits and pieces, fuzzy strands of memories that evaporated like boiling water when he tried to think of them. It was like he was looking a puzzle with most of the tiles missing.

He'd only decided to come back because the cold was getting to him. Cold weather didn't agree with his hundred and five-pound adamantium skeleton for obvious reasons and there were only so many young women who would keep that chill at bay.

That and he needed money. He'd agreed to come back to the mansion and teach a few danger room sessions a week to the older students, no pansy kids in his lessons.

He wouldn't mind seeing Jean Grey again too; she was a lot of fun to be around. Logan loved to torment Scott, by flirting with his fiancé in front of him. He wondered for a second what was that woman playing at? Didn't she know you could only tease the Wolverine for so long? Even thinking about it now made his brain buzz in a way only a few things could do. Women, beer, cigars.

Logan pulled into the driveway, propping up the bike carelessly against the stone centerpiece. It was Scott's bike anyway.

The school had always a hard place for him to be. The sheer volume of noise and stink kids made overloaded his senses, he felt like the halls were filled with toxic gas. Maybe he was being a bit overdramatic. The entrance hall felt welcoming with its huge chandelier, dark paneled wood, and fancy paintings.

Before he could do anything, a dark-haired kid ran into him, almost squashing the air from his lungs. It was a second until he realized he was being hugged, not attacked. The kid pulled back and he recognized the face. She had grown up quite a lot in the time he'd been away.

"Hey, Logan." Marie smiled widely like she'd been missing him all this time. Logan couldn't stop his eyes from raking up and down her body. She'd filled out. She was a kid, all those months ago; a scrawny, awkward looking teen. Now she had hips and a waist… and breasts! He shook his head slightly to rid himself of those thoughts.

"Miss me, kid?" He took in her features, more defined now. Her wide chocolate brown eyes, full pouty lips and a faint pink flush to her cheeks.

"Mmm, not really." She quipped, still beaming up at him as if he was her favorite person in the world.

"Rogue?" a voice Logan didn't recognize came from the corridor.

"Oh Logan, this is Bobby." The kid stepped forward and held out his hand. He had a firm grip for such a weed and his hand seemed to grow icy, solid in Logan's grasp.

"I'm her boyfriend." Bobby seemed to want to make that information very clear.

"Oh is that right?" Logan looked between them in confusion, Marie's bright smile and Bobby's tight expression.

"If you guys are together then how do you.. erm.." Marie looked down, embarrassed. Lucky for her, Jean came down the staircase at that exact moment, pulling Logan's attention over to the beautiful redhead. She descended the staircase, taking each step at a time, her lips drawing back slowly into a smirk.

"Hi, Logan." She breathed.

"Hi, Jean."

Rogue felt a stab of jealousy. They called her affection for Logan hero worship. Yes, he had saved her life but there was more to it than that. They understood each other, both outsiders lost in a world that didn't accept them. Until the professor took them in of course. So why couldn't he see her? The reason now stood beside her in all her tall, skinny perfect glory.

Bobby broke the uncomfortable silence. It was clear Jean wanted to speak with Logan alone.

"Well, it was good to meet you." He pulled Rogue away by the arm. She composed herself enough to ignore Jean.

"Bye Logan, I'll see you later." He noticed her eyes never left him as she walked backward out of the room and he didn't break the eye contact.

"Okay." He replied glad to have a minute's breathing room. He couldn't believe how much she'd changed in the time he'd been away. She was practically a woman now and a hot one at that.

Jean gazed at Logan warmly. He always forgot she was a telepath and tried quickly to guard his thoughts. He looked around awkwardly, trying to focus on something randomly in the room.

"I've missed you." She smiled sweetly. Was she still playing with him?

"You have?"

"Yeah. Would you be able to stick around here tonight? I need to go to Boston with Storm on short notice."

"I can probably think of a few reasons to stick around." And none of those reasons involved Marie naked whatsoever. He made his way upstairs, to his old room to take a cold shower.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review