During breakfast, the electricity surged back to life. After so much silence the soft noise of the radio was especially loud. Rogue looked across the table, "That's a good sign, right?"

"Yeah." Logan thought he did a reasonable job of keeping the gloom out of his voice. "Time to go push snow."

"Shovels out in the shed?" she asked clearing the plates from the table.

"Something like that," he called over his shoulder as he retrieved his boots.

"Hold on a sec and I'll come." She hurried to pull on her mukluks and coat as he finished tightening his laces.

"You know how to run a shovel?" he asked as they stepped out on the porch.

"No, but I can always enjoy watching you work," she answered.

Logan snorted and started wading through the snow to the shed out back. He didn't hear her plodding along behind him and he turned to check on her. She'd barely made it off the porch and was staring mouth open, at the snowy landscape.

"Like it?" he asked with amusement.

Rogue nodded, it wasn't the mountains but it was still sparkly. "It's...it's..." She frowned slightly. "So dang bright."

She heard him chuckle as he began moving again, it was a nice sound. Trudging behind him, she wondered how long it would take the two of them to dig the vehicle out and get back to the highway. "A lot of snow," she commented.

"Nah, should've been here in '47."

Looking around again, Rogue let his comment sink in. Did he realize he just admitted to being almost a century old? This memory had been lazing around somewhere in his brain unused until now. She was positive he didn't have a clue that these old memories surfaced like this now and again. She added it to the growing list of questions.

With a little bit of shoveling, they were able to open the shed doors. Inside was an old pickup with a snow blade on the front, as promised. A couple hours work and a little more shoveling around the SUV and they'd be ready to go. Though Logan knew he'd better reserve that opinion until they got down to the main road.

Marie sat beside him the whole time, a large grin on her face. He would call her giddy if she weren't examining the process so intently. He was backing up to take a second swipe down the drive to the cabin when she finally broke her silence.

"You've done this before." It wasn't really a question, more of a statement.

"Sure, drove us up here." He couldn't help but poke at her, it seemed as if her upbeat attitude was contagious.

"Haha," she said with a smile.

"Yeah, I've cleared snow a time or two. Even helped out a few times at the mansion." Manual work had always been a way to clear his mind, that and fighting. However, this was the first time in months that he'd found any attraction in either.

Glancing over at Marie, he wondered what quality she possessed that brought him out of his forlorn attitude. Living in a mansion full of people had done nothing for him, but this one girl held a surprising amount of sway over him. He suspected she had no idea of the extent of her power.

When the blade was back down and they were moving forward again she commented, "Eddie and then Savannah both tried to teach me to put a boat down the ramp. Never got the hang of backing the truck up with the trailer."

"It takes practice. Could help you sometime." Logan clamped his mouth shut as he realized he'd made a long-term promise to her he couldn't keep. Thankfully she was polite enough not to call him on it.

They rode the rest of the time in silence. Stopping on the way back to the cabin, they used shovels to dig the SUV out of the snowdrift. Rogue puffed up with prided when he deemed her one dug out tire passable.

He turned the SUV over to her and he followed her back to the cabin. After parking, she walked to the shed to help close the doors, but he was almost done when she got there. Another idea struck her and she called out, "Hey, Logan!"

She'd always been good at softball and no sooner had he turned around than a snowball splattered smack dab in the middle of his chest. "Oh, that was excellent for my first snowball!"

Logan looked at his chest where snow still clung then glanced up at her. Her smile started to fade and he could see the apology forming on her lips. That was until he bent down and grabbed a handful of snow.

Taking a step toward her, he began working the snow into shape. Her eyes widened in understanding and she took off running for the cabin on the path they'd created earlier. His first snowball hit her on the ass and brought forth peals of laughter.

That sweet sound rang in the silence of the outdoors. It was the best sound he'd ever heard and he wanted to spend the rest of his life hearing her happy like this. But first things first, scooping up more snow he jogged after her.

She peered back over her shoulder, laughing again and stumbled off the path. He caught up to her, spun her around and they both went down in a heap in a snowdrift. Glancing up at him, she tried to control her giggling.

He brought the snowball up to her face. "You wouldn't," Rogue huffed. "Would you?"

There was a smile lifting the corner of his mouth and he growled at her playfully. The vibration of it resounded through her even with the heavy coats between them. She held her breath because she'd swear that look was the same one Eddie used to give Savannah. Rogue's heart flip-flopped as he leaned in for a kiss.

His mouth was hard and demanding. She knew it had something to do with the fact that she'd attacked and ran. It brought up Logan's feral tendencies; she could feel the tension in his body from it.

Pulling back as best she could for a breath, she watched the emotions on his face. There was longing in his eyes, but the way he worked his jaw she knew he was fighting it down. He'd ignited a fire low in her belly with the kiss, but he was trying to dowse any lust he was feeling.

Helping her stand, he began brushing the snow off her and she developed a plan. Rogue was not a planner, one look at this trip and how she tackled every aspect of it would tell anyone that. Planning was something Logan excelled at but she would use his knowledge to her advantage.

Taking hold of his shoulder, pretending to balance herself, she dropped a mitten. When he bent down to retrieve the fallen article she stuck a handful of snow down his collar. His hair was long, but it had been a lot of snow and his hair wouldn't afford much protection.

She'd already calculated the distance to the cabin and would make it to the door slightly ahead of him. He froze and she heard the growl even though she was running again. The rumbling sound closing in behind her lacked some of the playfulness from earlier but it was a promising sound nonetheless.

Rushing in the cabin seconds before him, she had her coat unzipped when he entered. Trying to stifle another laugh, she pounced on him. She wasn't under the illusion that she could ever move him if he refused, but he seemed to be playing along and wobbled around like he'd been knocked off balance. Her lips crashed into his and his mouth opened readily.

Logan let her take the lead to see how far she was taking this. Backing into the wall, he managed to get the door shut with one hand and hold her secure to him with the other. Shedding her own coat, he let her work the zipper of his while he explored her mouth. She broke the kiss and began nipping at his neck.

"Marie?" Maybe he should find out what she had in mind.

"Hmm," she answered. However, he didn't press further as her hands were already in his jeans, it was obvious how far she wanted this to go.

She was making it difficult to think straight as her hands wrapped around his hardening member. She bit the corded muscle on the side of his neck and was rewarded with a small thrust of his hips. Sinking down to her knees, she freed him from the denim.

Her plan almost fell apart; she hadn't thought this part over. The mechanics were obvious yet she hadn't done this in the week they'd been together. "I don't..." What if she didn't do this properly?

Logan sucked in a hard breath as she took the head of his cock into her mouth. "That'll do."

Venturing a look down, he could see how serious she was about making this good for him. He ran his fingers through her hair in what he hoped was a soothing motion. The smell of her desire assaulted him as he continued to smooth her hair. Her mitten was still tightly clutched in his other hand and he could feel the melting snow running down his back. If he concentrated on those two things maybe he wouldn't succumb to what she was doing to him.

When his hips began to move with her, Rogue stopped. He gave a small noise of disappointment but she had a plan to follow. She left him there leaning heavily on the wall, panting.

After a moment, he pulled his pants up and took off his boots doing his best to calm down. He could hear her doing something in the bedroom and he wanted nothing more than to stalk her down and have his way with her. He needed to get a grip on his lust; taking a deep breath he followed her trail of clothes. She emerged from the bedroom with a blanket and something in her hand.

"I bought these at the truck stop," she said coyly handing him a stack of foil packets.

Logan stared at the condoms in his hand then at her pert breasts and finally at her hopeful expression. Should he be offended that he was expected to perform? Or should he simply give into what they both wanted?

They'd be gone by this time tomorrow and back to the reality of their bargain. He hadn't sorted a damn thing out, yet he wanted to get lost in Marie's arms. Just a minute ago he'd been all too willing to let it happen before she'd given him time to cool off and think.

"Do I need to double dog dare you?" she asked, a hand on her hip.

He gave her a wolfish grin, he knew exactly what that would lead to with the thrill of the chase still coursing through his veins. It spoke to his animalistic nature and he wanted to show her exactly what it did to him. Taking her hard and fast would alleviate the drive to claim her and he knew she would be willing.

He was beginning to tell himself they had plenty of time before they went their separate ways. They could spend the rest of the day having sex then four days to the Yukon with some self-control exercised. It would be fine.

Rogue didn't know what to make of his hesitation. The smile was a good sign but he had yet to move. She glanced over at the sheepskin rug in front of the fireplace; she had hoped to entice him into something slightly more romantic. If she wanted this happen she would have to pull something irresistible from his playbook to tempt him.

Arranging the blanket over the back of the couch, she bent over and spread her legs slightly. She smiled at the growl that emanated from behind her. Obviously, this had been the right position to take.

Logan stepped up behind her and ghosted his fingers up her thigh. She shivered when his fingers touched her moist folds. This was a position he knew well, one that never failed to satisfy him.

He slid a finger down circling her clit; she squirmed a little though she made no sound. She was wet but how ready? Slipping a finger into her, he felt her tense then relax as he slid his finger back out and circled her clit again. Laying down the condoms he placed a hand on her hip and repeated the motion.

She gave a little moan that made his cock throb. Pressing his erection into her butt cheek, he lifted his finger to his mouth to taste her. He could feel the need rise and surge in him. A few minutes in her heat was all it would take, a release that would calm the feral impulse.

But what about her? He'd seen that wistful look toward the fireplace. Marie was giving up what she wanted so that he would feel good. He was a self-serving bastard. She deserved better than to be used.

This was something he could easily fix. She'd been deprived of touch for long enough that he'd noticed she'd been less carefully since gaining control. If she would let him he would spend the rest of the day touching her.

He stepped back and Rogue peered at him over her shoulder. His sudden change of purpose confused her. Picking up the foil packets he took her hand and gently tugged. "Come on."

She grabbed the blanket and let him lead her around the couch toward the fireplace. When they stopped he tossed the condoms down on the rug. Turning to her, he stared at her a moment and she could tell he was regearing. She wondered what interesting information his senses were giving him.

Under his scrutiny, she began to fidget. After she'd absorbed him the other night, his life had been laid bare before her. Now she got the feeling that he knew all her secrets. Maybe not her life in detail before meeting him, but he knew exactly what she wanted right then, what she desired and he was going to try to give it to her.

Quickly he undressed and pulled her down on the rug with him. He started with light touches, smoothing his hands across her body everywhere he could. Soon he had to draw back and slow down, as his touches were becoming hard and needy.

She watched him through half closed eyes. Starting again, he paid attention to her reaction using a mix of hard and soft touches to elicit little moans from her. Kissing her full lips as she squirmed under his hands, he pushed his hardened flesh into her hip. Pressing a condom into his hand she simply asked, "Please?"

She'd lost some of her brashness from earlier but watched him with interest as he rolled the condom down his length. She moved to lay back; he had different ideas and instead coaxed her to sit up. "I want to touch you."

Rogue blushed but obliged and mounted him. They'd done this the first night at the motel, however, this time was different. There was no need for them to pause because her mutation wasn't interfering.

His hands skimming over her skin, his mouth continually on her breast, it was all too much. She wanted this, needed this and couldn't have stopped if she wanted to when her body began to tremble. Riding the wave, she felt his hands on her hips helping her stay in motion.

When she was finally able to look at him, he was smiling up at her. He appeared a little too smug and she wanted to replace the look on his face with one of need. Sitting upright, she levered her body upward testing this position.

Satisfied with the movement, she drew her feet up by his hips for better control. She caught the dark desire in his eyes and all trace of a smile was gone from his lips. Trying the action again, she made sure to take it slow to draw it out for him.

Logan watched her move up and down on his cock. Jaw clenched tightly, he closed his eyes trying to prolong their time by not adding a visual display. It didn't matter, he heard the soft sounds of his cock entering her body then withdrawing from her wetness. Her tight heat penetrated him to the core, her arousal building again as she strained to continue.

Glancing at her, he put his hands between their bodies to support her and assist her movements. She peered down at him and her beauty; her desire for him took his breath away. Her legs began to shake with the effort and he moved a hand so that he could apply friction to her clit.

She convulsed around him, calling out his name and his hips rose up to meet her as he growled in his own release. He kept her moving until she collapsed onto his chest, both of them quiet in the aftermath.

~*~