Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so Nebelwerfer42 asked me to clear up the family tree. Per Chris Claremont’s canon, Victor Creed is Logan’s father and the Sabretooth we’ve seen recently is a weaker clone. Victoria, while strong in her own right, is the daughter of this weaker Sabretooth by a mother descended from an Arabian royal family (the one who inspired 1001 Arabian Nights). Because of this, she was trained in Psionics by her mother, and taught to use knives by an older cousin. HOWEVER, because she was born a girl, the scientists responsible for creating her deemed her weaker than even her clone father, and tossed out to her mother’s family. Since, if she was born a boy, she would have turned into something like Sabretooth, she doesn’t mind the arrangement.
Now, about this next piece. I saw Deadpool last night, and I loved Vanessa- so I hunt for Mrs. Deadpool no more. This will hopefully help explain Rogue and Kitty’s choice to train as actual soldiers, even though I hated disrupting the Magister arc, I wanted to start integrating Vanessa, and then Daniella came to me. I hope you like Dani and that I haven’t murdered Vanessa by writing her the way I did.
The first time she met Wade’s ‘teammates’ after their reunion, Vanessa wasn’t sure what to make of them.

First, there was the three more ‘monstrous’ team members, N’Kantu, Man Thing and Frankenstein’s Monster, who were shudder worthy alone. Then there was suave Gambit, urbane Werewolf by Night (when in human form) and the rough and tumble Wolverine. Even Wolfman, the baby of the team, gave her pause.

But then she met their ‘girls’. Proud, kind Victoria, controlled but sweet Marie (Rogue around the X-men), Katya, the beloved of the newest trainee Piotr, and Daniella, Gambit’s ‘chere’. Unlike her and Dani, both Victoria and Marie were combatants to the nth degree, and when Katya Pryde displayed combat knowledge, it was hard. Hard not to feel inadequate, when Victoria and Rogue and even Katya challenged their men, going head to head in every arena.

So she was sitting, feeling just a little sorry for herself, when Marie flopped down beside and said softly

“It’s okay.” Vanessa shot her a look, relieved when the girl added

“I can recognize combat envy, it’s not that hard, having sat through it myself.”

They sat in silence, and then Rogue asked

“Did you fall in love with Deadpool, or Wade?” Vanessa
was outraged

“Wade, of course!” Marie smiled wistfully, beginning a story that intrigued Vanessa

“I met Logan when he was just cage fighting as Wolverine, and that’s who I fell in love with first. The fighter who didn’t let anyone keep him down. Katya fell in love with the farm boy who chose to train as a soldier. Victoria was a soldier, who fell in love with a man from her platoon, before he was Werewolf by Night. Daniella’s a jazz dancer and bartender from New Orleans, and the part of Gambit she started falling for was the man who walked her home when he could.” She paused, sipping from a bottle before proceeding

“That’s why Victoria pushed me to consider training in combat. Logan, Jack and Piotr all chose it. Gambit and Deadpool, they chose this out of necessity. For them, feeling like they’ve kept you away from the fighting was, to my best guess, what they needed. I chose to train as a soldier, because I believed Logan needed me to understand combat, to understand the choices he had to make.”

Marie snickered under her breath, explaining
“I knew from the start Logan would be a lot to handle. That in order to handle him, I would need everything Vic could give me. But I was also a hell of a lot younger than you. I didn’t have the experience.” She paused again, speaking much more quietly when she proceeded

“Victoria can train you in Psionics, you know. Telepathy, especially combat style, is her specialty. She taught me, and Katya the finer points to control our mutations. She’ll train you to protect yourself, especially since you can act as Wade’s backup once you’ve mastered it.”

Rising fluidly, silently thanking Victoria for all the stretching and yoga that had accompanied her Psionic training (which in turn kept her limber) Marie walked through the compound that was the Mexican sanctuary, a square of a dozen or so run down adobe huts on an isolated farm, to the building she shared with Logan.

Stepping through the door, she was met with the sight of her sleeping mate, cuddled with her pillow in a patch of sunshine. Shaking her head, Rogue went through the motions of self-care, eyes and mind more on her mate, who’d had a night terror early that morning.

But she’d needed to talk to Vanessa, before Deadpool deployed again. If Vic was to have a new student, especially one that would train as a Psion, she would undoubtedly move to a different sanctuary. Victoria was like that, moving around for no other reason than it pleased her when Jack wasn’t around.

Sighing, the former X-man, soon to be a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. s latest all female unit, the Roaring Wildcats, slipped into bed snuggling against her warm mate. Who turned to her and said sleepily

“Didja talk to ‘er?” Hmming, Rogue burrowed deeper into the blankets, falling asleep as her mate cradled her close,
Chapter End Notes:
Kay, still not returning to Magister just yet. Here's the most probable next piece:

how Anna Marie D’Ancanto became Marie Howlett, Katherine Elaine Pryde became Katya Pryde Rasputina, Vanessa Desharm became Mrs. Deadpool, Vic became Victoria Creed Russell