Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: I'M BASING THE MATING BOND TALKED ABOUT IN THIS CHAPTER OFF of NALINI SINGH'S PSY-CHANGELING SERIES (sort of). POOR JEAN WILL RECEIVE MORE ABUSE.
A/N: I'M BASING THE MATING BOND TALKED ABOUT IN THIS CHAPTER OFF of NALINI SINGH'S PSY-CHANGELING SERIES (sort of). POOR JEAN WILL RECEIVE MORE ABUSE.

Rogue was sweaty, tired and ready for bed. She was in no mood for Dr. Jean Grey to corner her after a three hour foot patrol, especially since she had another one in eight hours. However, Jean was not to be deterred.

"Rogue, can you explain your relationship with Logan for me?" Scowling, Rogue straightened her ponytail and said in a clipped voice

"In private, yes." Silently, she stalked behind the 'good doctor' to her office in the lab. With Logan and Jack both back with the Commandoes, it left Rogue, Colossus, Wolfman and Scheherazade somewhat shorthanded for patrols.

Once in the office, Rogue swung the visitors chair around to straddle it, crossing her arms. Staring at the redhead with open hostility. Choosing her words carefully to maximise precision, Rogue asked

"What do you wish to know, Dr. Grey?" Although she couldn't sneer as well as Victoria, the implication of distaste came across loud and damn clear.

Jean cleared her throat and asked

"Are you sexually active, Rogue?" Incredulous, Rogue stared at Jean until the older woman blushed. Weighing her words again, Rogue bit out

"I am mated to the Wolverine, telepath. That means we have a tele-empathic bond, and if I want to fuck my mate, I will. However, since he has more honor in a single claw than you have in your whole body, we will abide human law."

Eyes wide, Jean sputtered, only for Rogue to interrupt her with harsh words

"I know you are engaged to Scott, but both Jackson and I have noticed you act flirtatiously with Logan and Jack arouses you when you see him. You will keep your hands to yourself, or I will pummel you, and without powers. Are we clear?"

With a nod from Jean, Rogue shifted off the chair and walked out, just a little bit pissy.

Later that night, Rogue was reclining on the roof, a simple flip phone held to her ear as she spoke to Logan, sounding slightly distressed but more from tension and exhaustion than anything else.

"She just came out and asked me if I was fucking anyone. I wanted to strangle her." Running a hand through dark hair with a single grey stripe, she sighed and continued

"Vic said we can ease off patrols pretty soon, once Piotr and I catch up on our psionics and can use telepathic scans instead of hiking all over the perimeter, and Jackson's upping my physical training to compensate for the increased psychic overload."

She listened to what her mate was saying, wishing, not for the first time that their telepathic reach was long enough that they no longer needed the phone.

Saying goodbye, Rogue headed in, ready to hit the sack. She had patrol in the morning, after all.
Chapter End Notes:
A/N: SORRY IT'S SHORT. THAT'S PROBABLY THE END OF AULD LANG SYNE. UP NEXT: EITHER AN X-MEN (LATER IN SCHEHERAZADE)/CRIMINAL MINDS CROSSOVER OR MAGISTER, WHERE KITTY GETS SOME ONE ON ONE TIME WITH VICTORIA, WHO TAG TEAMS WITH ROGUE, WITH COMMANDOES NEARBY. Let me know preferences, alright? I can't write good stuff if I don't know what you want.