"What the hell have you been teaching her?" Scott bellowed at Wolverine as he walked in the infirmary.

Wolverine walked over to Rogue where she was leaning against the wall, arms crossed over her chest, sulking. Placing a finger under her chin, he lifted her head, pushing the hair out of her face as he did so. She had a split lip and the making of a shiner.

"Anything else?" he asked her. Rogue looked him in the eye and shook her head no.

"Anything else?" Scott said barely containing his anger.

Wolverine quietly turned, giving his full attention to the younger man. "What happened?"

"She beat up three of the other girls." Scott pointed to the young women that Wolverine recognized as the Cuckoos. "Celeste has bruised ribs, Mindee has a concussion, and Phoebe may have a broken arm."

"You have a serious problem," Wolverine said with a steely voice.

Scott's brow furrowed. "How do you figure this is my problem?"

"I see three capable women, who have been on missions; getting their asses handed to them by one wisp of a girl with barely two months of training." Wolverine put a finger on Scott's chest. "I think you're letting them get soft."

Scott knocked away Wolverine's finger and opened his mouth to say something and just as quickly shut it. He turned to look at the injured women and then at Rogue. "What are you going to do about her?" Scott asked, some of his steam gone.

"She's mine. I'll deal with her." Wolverine signaled to Rogue to follow him.

Wolverine's words weren't lost on Rogue. She knew Wolverine meant she was his problem or something along those lines. But the way he said it, the hint of possessiveness the others in the room didn't pick up on. It meant that she wasn't just some "kid" he was taking care of. He knew there was more to their relationship than what met the eye. Even if he wouldn't admit it, she wasn't imagining it.

When they got back to the privacy of their room, she started to apologize. "I'll do better next time. I wasn't expecting that mental thing they do-"

Wolverine cut her off. "There won't be a next time."

Rogue panicked. She had been positive that Wolverine cared for her and wouldn't let her be kicked out over one fight. Then again she'd only been with them three months.

With a sigh, Wolverine handed her an ice pack, usually reserved for tough training days. "The Cuckoos are the mean high school girls." Rogue nodded, putting the cold pack on her eye. "They finally turned their attention on you."

"No," she said carefully. "It only took two days for them to turn on me. I'm used to it, but today they were bad mouthing you."

He lifted an eyebrow; he didn't think that would be a reason that would set Rogue off. Well, he could see it. He closed his eyes. They weren't going down that road today.

"Rogue, I'm not worth you getting beat up for." Even as he said it he could see her formulating a rebuttal. "Unless someone is trying to hurt you, no fighting here."

She let the argument die. He was wrong, he was worth fighting over. He was worth more than all three of those girls put together. Yet, if he didn't want her fighting, she wouldn't. Not here, but only because he asked her.

"It wasn't really a fight anyway," she stated. "You've given me more bruises in training."

There was a gleam of satisfaction in his eyes. She knew Wolverine wouldn't bring it up, but that hint of possession flickered across his face for a second. He could deny it all he wanted, they both knew they were headed for a different kind of relationship.

~*~